TI/D01 - Bridge
== Noxi.

There are no injuries on the bridge. However, there are urgent reports coming from the crew lounge on deck 3. See Crew Lounge Thread ==
The ship had taken on more damage and Ameen felt that he would be more useful in Engineering.

"I believe I can be more useful in the lower decks Captain! Call on me if you need me." Ameen said. "Commander Kurasa, I'm sure we could use your help down there too if you like..."

Morad invited the chief of security to join him. However, it was more of suggestion than an order and he left it up to her to decide to stay or accompany him.

== Next post: Engineering. ==
As the phaser hit their mark on the alien ship, Powl had almost held his breath in anticipation of the result. However, as expected, the phasers had no impact and no damage reported. With one eyebrow raised he tilted his head in a small acknowledgement as the shields were able to defend against the alien weapon this time.

"Captain, our phasers had no affect on their hull or weapon systems. However, we were able to prevent further weapon damage. The shield repolarization was effective."

Before he could hypothesize anything further regarding their offensive and defensive abilities in this situation, the point was quickly made moot with the additional small craft that came from the rift. The shields had just been hit hard with the larger ship, and the smaller ships took their opportunity shortly after prior to the shields being able to regain any stability before the following attack. When the small craft aimed their weapons and fired on the Titania, they were able to make that window of time effective by hitting the hull.

"Captain, we have sustained hull damage from the small ships. Shields have fallen to 75%."

During the attack, Powl had proactively begun using the deflector array to begin collecting tachyon particles to enable the Science department to execute their plan. He was able to program the ship to collect the particles during his close flyby. All that was needed would be to input the algorithm and begin the sequence to hopefully close the rift.

"Captain, particle collection is complete. Deflector dish is standing by, I recommend we execute the sequence now. Titania cannot withstand much more. The smaller ships have increased the improbability of being able to fight our way out. I estimate a 1.36% chance of success."

Powl maneuvered the Titania to the ideal spot in which to activate the deflector array to close the rift. The only problem is that it put the Titania in a vulnerable position to the hostile alien ships. He rotated the ship to allow the stronger shields to face the alien weapons while keeping the deflector aimed at its target. His hand hovered above the activation button for the deflector sequence.

==GM Input: Is the algorithm and deflector sequence sufficient to close the rift and send our not so friendly counterparts from whence they came?==
As the phaser hit their mark on the alien ship, Powl had almost held his breath in anticipation of the result. However, as expected, the phasers had no impact and no damage reported. With one eyebrow raised he tilted his head in a small acknowledgement as the shields were able to defend against the alien weapon this time.

"Captain, our phasers had no affect on their hull or weapon systems. However, we were able to prevent further weapon damage. The shield repolarization was effective."

Before he could hypothesize anything further regarding their offensive and defensive abilities in this situation, the point was quickly made moot with the additional small craft that came from the rift. The shields had just been hit hard with the larger ship, and the smaller ships took their opportunity shortly after prior to the shields being able to regain any stability before the following attack. When the small craft aimed their weapons and fired on the Titania, they were able to make that window of time effective by hitting the hull.

"Captain, we have sustained hull damage from the small ships. Shields have fallen to 75%."

During the attack, Powl had proactively begun using the deflector array to begin collecting tachyon particles to enable the Science department to execute their plan. He was able to program the ship to collect the particles during his close flyby. All that was needed would be to input the algorithm and begin the sequence to hopefully close the rift.

"Captain, particle collection is complete. Deflector dish is standing by, I recommend we execute the sequence now. Titania cannot withstand much more. The smaller ships have increased the improbability of being able to fight our way out. I estimate a 1.36% chance of success."

Powl maneuvered the Titania to the ideal spot in which to activate the deflector array to close the rift. The only problem is that it put the Titania in a vulnerable position to the hostile alien ships. He rotated the ship to allow the stronger shields to face the alien weapons while keeping the deflector aimed at its target. His hand hovered above the activation button for the deflector sequence.

==GM Input: Is the algorithm and deflector sequence sufficient to close the rift and send our not so friendly counterparts from whence they came?==
The activity and pressure on the Bridge was causing Amila to get frazzled. The Captain had addressed her more than once, but with the quick back and forth chatter, she wasn't sure where to jump in. She was still a junior officer, wasn't even sure she should be the one to speak up. She wished that Samik had jumped in for her, but she had not. When Commander Ameen left the Bridge, Ra'an felt even more small. She had worked with him and he had made her comfortable. The Captain was still a stranger.

"Captain, particle collection is complete. Deflector dish is standing by, I recommend we execute the sequence now. Titania cannot withstand much more. The smaller ships have increased the improbability of being able to fight our way out. I estimate a 1.36% chance of success," Powl announced.

Finally Ra'an interjected, her voice surprising her again she spoke out to the Bridge. "And in that 1.36% if it's not successful we risk making the temporal rift larger," she warned pulling simulations through on the holographic terminal projection in front of her. "Manually detonating a photon torpedo at the precise location at the entrance of a temporal rift has worked to close these types on anomalies in the past, but if we tear this thing wide open there is no telling how many that would take, and if we could keep up with detonating the torpedoes to close the rift before more ships come through."

== Tag Captain and Bridge generally - Sorry for being MIA, there's a little IC explanation for her quietness ==
Powl reported that their phaser fire had no effect on the alien vessel.

The worst case scenario happened and several smaller ships came out of the rift. These ones seem to do a lot of damage, getting through the shield polarisation defence.

Meanwhile, the Vulcan officer reported that particle collection had been undertaken: "Captain, particle collection is complete. Deflector dish is standing by, I recommend we execute the sequence now. Titania cannot withstand much more. The smaller ships have increased the improbability of being able to fight our way out. I estimate a 1.36% chance of success."

Jane looked vexed. "Did you just say 1.36? That is infinitesimal!"

Ra'an interjected, "And in that 1.36% if it's not successful we risk making the temporal rift larger... Manually detonating a photon torpedo at the precise location at the entrance of a temporal rift has worked to close these types on anomalies in the past, but if we tear this thing wide open there is no telling how many that would take, and if we could keep up with detonating the torpedoes to close the rift before more ships come through."

"Mister Powl, target and fire phasers on those small vessels." She ordered. 

"So just what are you recommending?" The Captain demanded.

== Tag all ==
"So just what are you recommending?" The Captain demanded.

Amila nodded. "We do it, but first we need to position ourselves so that we aren't aiming the tachyons directly into the rift itself. The tachyons need to hit the ships, and not the void. We also need to lure the vessels into the rift while we do this, Captain. If they move away from it, then it's possible that nothing will happen and we've used up the tachyons for nothing." Amila added. "As for the rift itself, I recommend having two of your best tactical officers ready to manually target and fire photon torpedoes in quick succession. I can assist with calculations, but if it's going to take more than one shot we'll need to work too quickly to rely on one officer."
"Mister Powl, target and fire phasers on those small vessels." She ordered.

Powl began locking on to each of the small vessels and programmed a quick multi vector firing sequence.

"Aye, firing phasers."

Powl began lining up another pass that would potentially take the Titania on another route so to keep the fresher shields facing the enemy ships.

"I can assist with calculations, but if it's going to take more than one shot we'll need to work too quickly to rely on one officer." Ra'an said.

Challenge accepted.

Powl listened into the recommendation of Amila.  The plan seemed quite plausible, however it would certainly be challenging to execute.  The very nature of the complicated flight path plus a firing sequence that required precision was indeed a daunting task.  However, Powl was quite certain he handled worse from before.  Upon calculating the optimum vector of travel to take, he quickly realized the it would not be possible with a conventional approach to maneuvers.  But, what if it were possible to take advantage of the absence of resisting inertia from space travel.

A graviton burst would potentially have the affect of being able to move the ships, especially the small ones.

"Captain, I believe we may be able to use the tachyon collection to flood the tachyons to the opposing ships, but to answer the need for the secondary portion of the task I believe we can reprogram the deflector dish to deliver a large graviton pulse behind the ships to force them towards the rift.  This would need to occur simultaneously with the flood of the tachyon particle release to ensure the departure of the enemy vessels.  The graviton pulse would require a large amount of power, and be in a reverse calibration.  My suggestion would be to reroute power from the warp engines to do so.

Additionally the flight path needed is quite intricate.  I have a calculated a way to take a very quick full burst of the impulse engines to increase our speed to full impulse and then cut all engines. Since there is no resistance in space travel, I would not engage the reverse thrusters when the power is cut so the Titania will continue to "drift" in the preprogrammed path.  The only thrusters used would be maneuvering to rotate the titania on the x-axis so the deflector and torpedo tubes would be directed at a singular in order to execute the graviton pulse.  The calculation provided by Ensign Ra'an can be placed into the Titania computer and fired by myself manually to ensure greater precision and to be able to react more quickly to additional variables not predicted when considering this option.  When power is no longer required by the impulse engines due to executing the "drift" we can also channel that energy into the deflector dish to ensure greater potency to the reverse graviton beam."

Powl began working on the program to execute the maneuver immediately in anticipation of  receiving orders to execute.  Although it had not been given, time was of the essence, and he wanted to ready to begin almost immediately when such an order may be received.  He stored the the data in an executable file named "Powl, back in time 1".  This file contained the engine control and flight vector necessary to move the ship in the prescribed manner. It also included the override to not automatically engage reverse thruster to cause the Titania to stop when taking power from impulse.

"One small consideration, Captain.  The force of doing this maneuver would put significant strain on the ship frame.  Likely outer hull damage, possible inner hull, and unlikely but conceivable hull breach.  However, I will point out, we are running out of options."

==Gm Input: Effect of phaser fire?==
==Tag all==
The flood of damage control communications kept the Hybrid CoS busy at her station and while she had nodded to the FO as he passed regarding following him to Engineering the flood of requests kept her focus glued to the screens.

Computer indicated the SCPO Darok was in the Crew lounge and before departing to follow Ameen Shione made two calls. The first was to summon Ensign Shaw to the bridge to man this station and then she called the Crew lounge.

"Commander Kurasa to Senior Chief Darok, please confirm status of the lounge. Do you require any further personnel. over?"

While she was waiting Ensign Michael Shaw exited the lift and approached. "Damage control is likely your focus Mike, but you do have extra security here should hostile boarding become an issue. I have a request in with SCPO Darok in the crew lounge which reported severe damage and possible casualties, stay sharp I am heading to engineering at the FO's request."

Mike nodded in understanding, and Shione wasted little time heading for the lift. Shione was confident in the man and had no qualms leaving him on the bridge.

>>Engineering>>
This was going to be risky but with more hostile craft emerging from the rift, it was even more urgent that they should attempt to close it. It took her mind back to the Krynar war, being outmatched by an enemy they knew nothing about or their motivations. There was nothing to suggest this could not also become a full scale invasion and who knows from where or what time period.

Ra’an explained the solution and Powl seemed to be on the same wavelength.

“Okay, let’s do it. Inform Ameen in Engineering so they can prepare.” She gripped the arms of her chair. “Ch’Alev and Ra’an, please assist Mister Powl.”

== Tag Ra'an, Powl and Ch'Alev ==
== Powl ==

The phaser fire easily destroyed the smaller s-shaped craft. However, whenever one of the small hostile ships was destroyed, two more immediately sprang out from the rift in their place. If this continued, they would be overwhelmed.
"Yes, Captain," Amila responded. "I'm ready here." Amila stood at the science station continuing to monitor the computer's calculations with the changing parameters before them. "The algorithm I entered into the computer to adjust for the changing event horizon is holding accurate for now. We should move quickly before another variable is thrown into the mix."

Amila wiped her palms on her uniform pants and continued to monitor for any adjustments that needed to be made. She was feeling the pressure of the situation.
“Okay, let’s do it. Inform Ameen in Engineering so they can prepare.”

With the confirmation from Captain Fields, Torock immediately began calculating the vectors for the graviton burst.  While the flight path was able to be preprogrammed, the firing pattern from the deflector dish and managing the ebb and flow of the power through the subsystems was significantly different. 

"Information received from Ensign Ra'an. Inputting adjustments to compensate."

The calculations provided were extremely precise. While Powl had no reason to believe the Ensign's work would be nothing less than stellar, it was still relieving to see that the Science department appeared to be operated by extremely competent minds.

"Pattern is recognized and ready.  Executing maneuver Captain."

I haven't executed anything half this complex since the Cop....

Eliminating the thought from his mind immediately, Torock focused on the current objective.

"Computer, execute file 'Powl back in time 1'"

Without hesistation, the Titania began the tightly programmed maneuvers.  The inertial dampeners weren't quite built to handle this type of maneuver.  However, Torock did steal some power from back from the phaser array to give them the opportunity to make the trip less disruptive to the crew.  

"Activating tachyon particle release...now."  

Titania had reached full impulse speeds and the power to the engines ceased. The EPS conduits feeding into the deflector dish began to thrum with the power of the Impulse engines.  

"Activating Warp engine power output to deflector dish."

The thrum of the Warp Core could be heard throughout as the hummed to life.  The deflector dish began to vibrate with the buildup of energy now by channeled into its circuits.

"Firing reverse graviton pulse."

Titania began to drift through the area using zero gravity inertia to continue carrying her.  

"Firing maneuvering thrusters to rotate for targeting."

From an outside perspective, this would have appeared to almost be an orbital pattern in which the Titania always faced the center of a centerpoint.  While she drifted, the front of the ship and the deflector dish specifically, always faced the same spot so to concentrate the graviton pulse.  

==GM Input:  That's a lot.  Results?==
Both the computer-based and manual actions needed to be initiated precisely. The tachyon burst would be fired at the ships. The deflector would emit a reverse graviton pulse pushing the alien vessels towards the rift, and manual firing of photon torpedoes to ignite the rift would need to be expertly timed to complete the sequence. And all this while manoeuvring Titania using drift and thrusters for the execution of the sequence. The programs that Ra’an and Powl initiated would provide much needed help from the ship’s computer. Avoiding being pulled into the rift or being in the shockwave afterwards was a danger for Titania and the ship would be subjected to high stress forces.

Titania’s impulse engines were maxed out then cut. Power was diverted to the deflector to fire the pulse. The ship’s drift carried her through the required trajectory and was adjusted by thrusters…

It took mere seconds for the whole sequence but it seemed like minutes for those on the bridge. The aliens vessels were converging on Titania and the pulse was able to push them closer towards the rift opening.

There was an enormous flash on the view screen as the photon torpedoes detonated in the rift. Sensors briefly registered that the rift was sealed and the alien vessels gone.

However, the ship was struck by a shockwave of energy and radiation and was propelled away from the rift, thrusters exerting little control over its course. 

Consoles on the bridge and in engineering flashed red as safety parameters were exceeded and everything started to shake. Inertia dampeners then failed, and everything and everyone not strapped down or holding on to something was tossed about violently (and some officers would at least lose the contents of their stomachs). Fortunately the ship speed was now well below impulse.

Eventually the ship stabilised, though flashing warning lights and alerts sounded on every console.
Amila grabbed her console and hid her face as the shockwave and flash went across the Bridge. She looked up after the flash had passed and tightened her grip on the vibrating console while she waited for the ship to stabilize.

"Captain, before the shockwave hit us, sensors showed that we sealed the rift. It appeared the alien vessels were inside it," Amila called out. "I'm uh... not sure where we are though. Anyone?" Amila tried to get more readings from her science station, specifically trying to track down the source of the warning lights that were being emitted.

== Amila find anything that needs her attention? ==
Powl was busy flying through control after control as the ship moved in the prearranged manner.  After each of the programmed steps had been complete, there seemed to be a resounding and satisfying flash of light sealing away the enemy ships. For all intents and purposes, it appeared that it had been a success.  The victorious moment was somewhat cut short as the ship was hit with a shockwave from the closure of the rift.  Initially, Powl struggled to regain control of the Titania, but eventually the systems were reinitialized to normal function and the ship rectified its trajectory. 

Although the ship, both the physical ship and her crew, were regaining composure, there were several alarms and flashing alarm indicators resounding on the Bridge.  Powl immediately began a survey of the ships systems to investigate the totality of the damage of the Tactical systems. He also checked on the general structure of the ship.  She had taken a big force wave and the maneuver of the ship itself was difficult at best on the ships from and structural integrity. 

"Captain, I confirm the findings with Ensign Ra'an, it appears the procedure was successful and the rift is closed.  I am running a damage report for Tactical now."

Powl was looking through system after system and a thought occurred to him.

That blast was generated by the deflector with assistance from the antigravity kinetic force from the torpedoes.  That's a lot of power for the deflector dish...

Torock turned to Ensign Ra'an and asked, "Ensign Ra'an can you check the functionality of the deflector dish?  There is a possibility that the power shunt may have overloaded the EPS conduits."

He turned back to his console to read over the results.  Inside the ship you could smell the overloaded circuits and the ozone fragrance.  There was also some hint of sick from the others on the ship that suffered from the force of the wave hitting the ship.  Torock was certainly initially nauseous, but that seemed to pass.  His brow was sweating and his heart racing, but still calm.  Inside his mouth was the slight taste of iron.  Powl wiped his lip and there was a small hint of green.  

Apparently I hit my head a little

==Tag Ra'an and Fields==
==GM Input: result of the computer checks?==
The main deflector was burnt out and they would not be able to go to warp until this was fixed. There was a lot of damage across the ship. primarily of concern was diffuse damage to the power grid, with many large sections burned out. Repairs would take some time and they were best to call for help from the nearest starbase.

Sensors were suggesting something very very strange with their location. They were no longer in 99 Hercullis but two systems away in Chi Herculis. The shockwave from closing the rift evidently contained some exotic radiation, but it still wasn’t clear how the ship could have crossed such a distance in such a short time, unless they had passed through some subspace conduit or tear.

Thankfully, their subspace comms were working, and other information confirmed they were still in their own universe and time - nothing was amiss on this front. On contacted, the nearest starbase would, in fact, be able to send a ship to help with repairs within 24 hours.

There was nothing to do now but begin repairs and patching up their wounded while awaiting help.
Jane clipped her chair harness on before the shockwave hit the ship. It was just as well and she hung on to the armrests as the ship was sent tumbling through space. Consoles all around the darkened bridge flashed warnings in the dim red alert lighting.

Shi....!

When things finally slowed down, she got her bearings again without losing the contents of her stomach. Everything was at least the right way up and they hadn't lost life support. Reports came in of damage but they had sealed the rift and the alien visitors seemed to be gone back into it.

She breathed a sigh of relief, unclipped herself and stood up tentatively, still a little dizzy but otherwise unhurt.

"Is everyone okay? Well, we're... we're still here... Excellent work Ra'an and Powl." The two junior officers had worked together as a team under pressure and executed a risky and complex strategy to perfection.

Checking their location, Jane shook her head in disbelief. It was baffling how they found themselves two systems away. This made no sense unless they had travelled through a tear in subspace. But, given it seemed they were still in their proper time and universe, that also seemed unlikely.

For now she just relived, and they could investigate the logs later.

"Send out repair and medical teams to affected areas. Communicate our situation to the nearest starbase and get them to send help... And for pity's sake yellow alert, let's get some lights on."
Torok turned to Ensign Ra'an and asked, "Ensign Ra'an can you check the functionality of the deflector dish? There is a possibility that the power shunt may have overloaded the EPS conduits."

Ra'an's adrenaline must have been on autopilot by the point, flight or fight kicking her into fight mode once the crew had jumped into action. She wasn't processing much of what was going on around her, just what needed to be done. She heard Powl call out for readings on the deflector dish, and her fingers instinctively responded to his request, searching for the answer first by accessing an engineering interface which would have the most information, and when that showed nothing she double checked by way of accessing operations, and then finally through her own familiar science terminal.

"Captain, Lieutenant Powl, our main deflector is about as good as gone from what I can tell," Ra'an announced. "I'm gathering readings from engineering and operations diagnostics right now, there are major power outages throughout the ship. Large sections of the power grid have been burned out. I recommend that we relocate everyone to centralized decks, and begin cutting power to unused sections of the ship once they've been vacated to conserve power for primary functions."

The experience was surreal for Ra'an. She had vague awareness that some of the crew around her were sick and injured. She had no awareness of her own disheveled experience, or how she'd feel in a few hours after the adrenaline had worn off and the affects of holding on for deal life as the ship was pitched and shaking. She had a job to do, and she was hyper-focused on doing what she could to help the ship recover and prevent any more casualties.

==Tag Powl and Fields. Left the yellow alert for tactical. ==
== Just a quick one as I'm on holiday abroad this week ==

Ra'an reported on the damage: "Captain, Lieutenant Powl, our main deflector is about as good as gone from what I can tell, I'm gathering readings from engineering and operations diagnostics right now, there are major power outages throughout the ship. Large sections of the power grid have been burned out. I recommend that we relocate everyone to centralized decks, and begin cutting power to unused sections of the ship once they've been vacated to conserve power for primary functions."

Jane, "Yes, triage with Engineering. Let's get an assessment of casualties. I want all hands on deck."
Jane, "Yes, triage with Engineering. Let's get an assessment of casualties. I want all hands on deck."

"10-4, Captain. I'm on it," Ra'an responded. Amila put in an ear piece so she should set up an open comms with engineering and the evacuation teams, and brought up a holoimage on the empty console next to her that would show when each section had been evacuated. Ra'an cross-referenced every 'all-clear' from security and medical with a life-sign scan to make sure that no one was left behind before sealing off sections and cutting power. With each section she made an announcement both to the Bridge for the Captain's benefit and over comms.

As decks were sealed off, engineering kept Amila updated on where to best redirect power. Due to the power grid having large sections burned out, this required occasionally dispatching operations officers with equipment for manual overrides. With each hour that passed, engineering and operations officers were in a better position to make the needed repairs.

== Casualty Information? I tried to follow directions and move us toward a wrap so we can get our new people onboard. ==
"...And for pity's sake yellow alert..." Captain Fields said.

Powl nodded and acknowledged verbally. "Aye Captain, setting Alert Level Yellow."

On the press of the button the lights came on and the they klaxon of Red Alert silenced. The signs read Yellow Alert and the real work began.

"Captain, a large portion of the navigational array has been completely scrambled and will need to complete recalibration, I should begin work on this immediately along with a maintenance crew to ensure we can begin our journey back to a starbase for more comprehensive and complete repair."

Powl turned to his console and made a note of their location and time. Each of those items at least seemed normal.

"Captain, although we have been displaced quite a distance from where we were, it does seem rather fortunate that we are in the correct time, and universe. Unfortunately, the nearest starbase can only dispatch a ship that will not be here until the next 24 hours. Our first priority of course should be to the crew itself that may be injured or in peril, but we are rather defenseless and unable to move whilst the deflector is down. The damage is extensive, unfortunately, so those repairs must be prioritized. But as of now I do not recommend moving the ship without the deflector."