TI/D01 - Bridge
==
In his last days of his Academy Quarters, Torock prepared his morning meal almost ritualistically. Today would be the first of many to be aboard a Federation vessel, once again. Most species would have found today to be day of mixed emotion of trepidation or jubilation, Powl instead had his mind in typical fashion. Using all his training, he felt the absence of such a nuisance as emotion, but found cool, calm, and collected logic to be his fanfare. He had grown accustomed to his living arrangements at the Academy. The smells were a combination of stress induced sweat and bio precipitation, and the recycled air. His breakfast was scientifically formulated for the concept of complete nutrition to improve body function and focus rather than taste. With his luggage in tow, he made his way to the shuttle bay where he would be boarding to set course for his assignment. His new home had just arrived and was in for a refit, and some rumored well-deserved R&R. The trip to the Shuttle Bay was uneventful if you didn’t count the number of other cadets with similar appointments.  There were others that were not as gleeful as some of the graduates.  Star Fleet Academy was known to be rigorous, trying, and challenging. Although, those that could not successfully complete the Academy would be eligible to apply soon after, it was a disappointment to them given the time and effort invested.

Several of these individuals that have made it were quite capable. Some of whom, I am sure will be back to the Academy and will be serving on a ship soon.

The shuttle was piloted by an excitable young Ensign. He was full of enthusiasm and passion born from working in his “dream” vocation.  However, he had previously met with Torock on his initial travel going to the Academy, and impressively had remembered him. The ride was quiet, as the young pilot remembered that then Cadet, and now Midshipman Powl was a man of few words.  While the trip was uneventful, the pilot clearly was a social type and seemed to be practically buzzing within his skin because he wanted to have that congratulatory discussion. In order to alleviate the unease, Powl busied himself with a PADD.  Although, Powl did not need to complete any tasks at that time, it was a better solution than trying to force a conversation that would have been awkward at best.  Awkward silence was preferable. Surprisingly, the young pilot was more observant than previously granted. 
“I know you don’t need to work on anything right now, sir.  But I do appreciate you trying to make the trip more comfortable,” the pilot said.  “But I thought Vulcan’s couldn’t lie.  Faking work is kind of like lying, isn’t it?” Obviously, the pilot was making a joke that jabbed at the situation. If Torock had a sense of humor, this may have been considered qualified as humorous. Nevertheless, his sense of humor was somewhat stunted.

Given that the pilot had made discovery on Powl’s attempt, he put the PADD back into his backpack, “You are correct, Vulcan’s never lie,” Powl said.

“A lie?” the pilot asked.

“A therapeutic excuse to avoid ‘small talk’,” Powl said. “Consider it a charitable consideration for your well-being.”

Thereafter, silence was the mode of transportation. This would not be broken until it was time for the systematic hale and request for docking in the Shuttle Bay of Torock’s new home. Upon his leaving the Shuttle Bay, he bid farewell to the pilot. Upon being granted permission to board, he proceeded to look at his PADD for his new quarters and duty start time. Fortunately, his quarters were easy enough to find, but he needed to be brisk as his shift start time was fast approaching. Whereas the Shuttle Bay was noisy, smelled of shuttle emissions, and echoing overhead speaker announcements, the corridor was busy with mild conversations between crewman discussing everything from dinner plans, to groans for less the desired shift assignments.  Torock found his quarters quickly enough for him to be able to place his belongings in a logical location in his quarters. Fortunately, he was already wearing his uniform. All that was needed was to put it in order so head could make the jaunt to the bridge. The turbolift was empty except for him. At least it was until the very last minute as a young human woman bearing a Lieutenant Junior Grade insignia and medical uniform was able to gracefully make her way onto the turbolift at the last second. 

“Are you one of our new officers?” she asked.

“Yes, I am Midshipman Torock Powl,” he said.

“That’s interesting, that name sounds familiar, but I cannot place it. Maybe I am confusing it with someone else,” she said.

“I am certain we have not met,” Torock responded. 

“WAIT I KNOW!” she exclaimed. “Aren’t you the one that was presumed KIA in a battle with the Krynar?”

I was hoping that this would be avoided, but I wasn’t aware of being reported.

“Yes, I was MIA and presumed dead for 12 years. I have returned to Star Fleet, and this is my first assignment upon returning.”

The door to the turbolift opened at her stop and she exited with a smile, “well congratulations! I am glad you escaped. You can always find me in Sick Bay, I know you will need to do your checkup so I will see you then!”

Before Powl could inquire about her name, she was gone and out of earshot. 

Intriguing young woman.

The bridge of the large ship was suddenly open to him as the turbolift finished its journey and presented its quarry. Upon exit of the turbolift, and entry to the bridge, the scene changed suddenly, and quite dramatically.  Whereas the last leg of this venture had been silent and calm, the Bridge left all of that behind. The Bridge was full of technicians and officers alike. The technicians were fervently working toward completion of the refit, whereas the officers were performing their own duties as well as discussing the new technologies that were being installed.  The ambient noise was tolerable, but it was very mumbled with the quantity of voices. The computers, chirped responses to the LCARS buttons being actuated, the air was both fresh filled with ozone from the plasma torches, and the environmental controls were being calibrated as it was warmer that Star Fleet standard. The ship was large, and the bridge carried the same likeness. In the sea of people, one could describe it as a rainbow lake with the variety of uniform, skin, and furniture colors present. However, the Chief Tactical Officer was easy to spot. Powl made his way quickly to them. Uniform perfectly his he snapped to attention with a look of experience having made that motion for many years before.
In his usual calm and mellow demeanor, but with the customary stern vocal idiosyncrasies consistent with protocol, he spoke to his new direct report, “Midshipman Torock Powl, reporting for duty as ordered, sir.”

Keval was checking the tactical systems when he felt someone approaching him, turning to look he noted the officer was a Vulcan in a tactical department color along with a hole pip signaling to him that this must be the new Midshipman that they had sent the file over for.

The officer profile made peaked the Andorian's interest with regards to where the officer had been in the last 12 years, it was a long time to be out of Star Fleet. 

“Midshipman Torock Powl, reporting for duty as ordered, sir.” came the officers voice which gave Keval the confirmation this was indeed the person he thought it was. 

"Welcome to the Titania Mr Powl, your background has some interest to me but I am sure we will be able to talk about it at some point in the future. Our First Officer is Commander Ameen and our Commanding Officer is Captain Fields, who I believe from your file sent over you served with many years ago." ch'Alev said indicating to the officer he had done some research. 

The Andorian looked back at the Tactical Console as he said, 

"I am running a couple of tests on our systems and our back up systems to make sure there isn't anything we might need to report to engineering. Out of interest Mr Powl. How was your time back at the Academy, did you notice many changes?"

==Tag Powl==
(08-15-2023, 08:02 AM)Keval ch'Alev Wrote: "Welcome to the Titania Mr Powl, your background has some interest to me but I am sure we will be able to talk about it at some point in the future. Our First Officer is Commander Ameen and our Commanding Officer is Captain Fields, who I believe from your file sent over you served with many years ago." ch'Alev said indicating to the officer he had done some research. 

"Correct, prior to my abduction, I had served with Captain Fields.  She was was quite respectable and capable.  I am certain, from her files that I have read, I will find her equal to the task again."

Powl stood and remained at attention but gave Captain Fields a glance and nod.

The Andorian looked back at the Tactical Console as he said, 
(08-15-2023, 08:02 AM)Keval ch'Alev Wrote: "I am running a couple of tests on our systems and our back up systems to make sure there isn't anything we might need to report to engineering. Out of interest Mr Powl. How was your time back at the Academy, did you notice many changes?"

I did notice changes that appeared to be made to allow the facility to function more efficiently.  Further, it would appear that technological advances continued whilst I was away for 12 years.  There was a learning curve for that, naturally, but I was able to adapt quickly..."

There was one particular memory that had been in the back of Torock's mind since he first saw it.  Not very often will find your own name mentioned in a plaque on a wall.  While most plaques would something complimentary, positive, or for a recognition of an accomplishment.  Powl found another plaque that seemed to remind him of how much time had passed.  Sometimes during his time with the Krynar he could find his mind wandering.  Maintaining the same level of mental discipline while a captive was challenging at best.  It taken Torock almost an entire year to be able to meditate peacefully.  The rest of the recovery would still be ongoing.  Fortunately, it appeared he was fit for duty again. 

"Another interesting anecdote involves something I saw at the Academy. There was a wall that was commemorating the loss of life of those done in service to the Federation.  I had seen many such items in the past.  Typically, however, the names of those written on such places is not seen by the one inscribed on the plaque.  My name had been on one of them.  I think I would describe that situation, if I were human, as curious and perhaps eerie."

==Tag Keval and Fields (if you were looking for a shoe-in)==
The turbolift doors swished open and the Captain entered with her head down reading a PADD. Her brow was creased in concentration and she barely glanced away as she moved down the bridge towards the centre chairs. When she did look up to see who was on duty she saw a familiar figure in conversation with the CTO. She stopped abruptly and the hand holding the PADD fell to her side.

Jane had to do a double take. Was this really that Torock Powl? Powl had served as CTO with Jane for years on the Copernicus, what was he doing here wearing a midshipman pip?

"Powl?!" The Captain's voice seemed incredulous. "Torock Powl..." She approached the two officers. "Wait... What the...?!" She slapped her hand on his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Just how are you here?!" She asked.

Powl had served with Jane in her earliest years in Starfleet, when she was just a junior Security officer. She had very fond memories of the slightly eccentric Vulcan.

== Tag ==
I did notice changes that appeared to be made to allow the facility to function more efficiently.  Further, it would appear that technological advances continued whilst I was away for 12 years.  There was a learning curve for that, naturally, but I was able to adapt quickly..." said the Vulcan,

Typical why wouldn't they still advance technological advances.

"Another interesting anecdote involves something I saw at the Academy. There was a wall that was commemorating the loss of life of those done in service to the Federation.  I had seen many such items in the past.  Typically, however, the names of those written on such places is not seen by the one inscribed on the plaque.  My name had been on one of them.  I think I would describe that situation, if I were human, as curious and perhaps eerie." said Midshipman Powl,

ch'Alev nodded, "It must seem you had an outer body experience reading your name on such a plaque...hopefully...one you won't experience again. I am sure StarFleet are pleased to have you back at long last."

"Powl?!" The Captain's voice seemed incredulous. "Torock Powl..." the Andorian turned to see the Captain approaching them "Wait... What the...?!" She slapped her hand on his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Just how are you here?!" She asked.

Keval guessed by the Captain's reaction that Powl was indeed a good officer and would be an asset to his department.

==Tag==
(08-22-2023, 12:29 PM)Jane Fields Wrote: "Powl?!" The Captain's voice seemed incredulous. "Torock Powl..." She approached the two officers. "Wait... What the...?!" She slapped her hand on his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Just how are you here?!" She asked.

Powl looked at Captain Fields with what must have seen like no response.  However, there was a sense of tension in the air to anybody that may have been sensitive enough to notice.  Although he was very much in control and limiting his emotions, he was afforded a small amount of relief to know that he was, at the very least, among friends. 

"Captain Fields, I have been assigned to this vessel.  I am gratified to know that you are the Captain here.  I have been missing in action since last we saw each other.  I have returned to Star Fleet, and in doing so I will endeavor to exhibit gratitude for being able to return."

Powl reflected for just a moment. Although he had returned, there was to ongoing therapy.  Powl was in every sense of the word, "fine", and fit for duty.  However, a part of being amongst friends and familiar faces he had not calculated, was that they were aware of his abilities prior to the events that lead him to a twelve year absence.  "Fine," was good, but he was still not where he was when he was CTO of the Copernicus.

"How have you been?"
Ameen walked into the bridge in his engineering coveralls, his tool kit in hand. He was flanked by two other engineering crewmen, also in engineering coveralls. One of them was struggling with carrying a large box. The sound of their heavy boots and tools caused quite the ruckus on the otherwise neat calm bridge. 

"Err... set it there crewman..." Ameen said as the other man dropped the box next to the Captain's chair as gently as he could. Yet it mad a loud thud...

"Sorry to interrupt Cap'n." The First Officer/Chief Engineer said with a big smile. "We have a new optional upgrade to the Luna Class Captain's chair. It is sent to us by a friend in the Engineering corps. We get to be the first to try it!..." He paused for a second as if to curb his enthusiasm, then added a little more calmly. "If you agree of course..."

The man sounded very excited about the idea. 

== Tag everyone. Nothing too serious, just a bit of shore leave fun here. Smile ==
Powl's expression didn't change much which was typical for a Vulcan, "Captain Fields, I have been assigned to this vessel.  I am gratified to know that you are the Captain here.  I have been missing in action since last we saw each other.  I have returned to Star Fleet, and in doing so I will endeavor to exhibit gratitude for being able to return."

She really needed to read his file. She had not kept track of his career after he left Copernicus and was unaware that he had been MIA. There must be be quite a story there and especially as he had returned at the lowest rank.

"How have you been?" He asked.

Jane puffed out her cheeks.

"Well, it's been a long time. I was First Officer and then CO of the Cop, and now there's this new ship as they retired the Cop to diplomatic service..."

It still pained her.

Ameen had appeared on the bridge now and with his toolkit in hand. He always looked happiest in Engineer mode. She could understand that. During the last mission she had really got to play at Security again for the first time in a long time and it had felt good. Too many of her COS' had tried to wrap her in cotton wool and stop her from going on dangerous missions, jumpy even about allowing her off the ship. She was all too capable of handling herself and spent most of her spare time training and keeping her skills and physique in prime condition.

The FO/CE interrupted them enthusiastically about a new chair upgrade.

Jane looked at him suspiciously and folded her arms. Experimental upgrade sounded bad.

"Chair upgrade huh? Exploding arm rests? Whoopee cushion?"

== Tag all and anyone who wants to join in on the Bridge ==
Amila Ra'an stepped off the turbolift and onto the Bridge. She was feeling more comfortable around some of the senior staff since serving with them on their last - her very first away team mission.

She stopped to stand at attention as she acknowledge the Captain and First officer. "Captain Fields," she nodded curtly, "Commander Ameen," she said doing the same.

She walked briskly to her science station, and logged in with her credentials. Once she was settled, she tried to steal a glance at the first officer without him seeing, which brought a small smile to her face. She'd had fun on the away mission with him. At least up until the point where things got a little dangerous and really gruesome pretty quickly.
Keval turned as he heard the noise what was being made coming from the turbolift, it was the First Officer and two engineers in overalls looking ready to do some work as they headed towards the Captains chair in a very excitable manner.

The Andorian shook his head at all the excitement and the Captain mentioned something about a whoopee cushion,

Whatever the hell one of those things are

Then the Orion Science Officer entered from the Turbolift and greeted the Captain and FO before heading over to her station.

So much getting this diagnostic check done while it's quiet, like a space port here.

"Anyway, Mr Powl, it is been good to meet you. I will leave you and the Captain to have your chat about old times. I will get on with the diagnostic check then head off on shore leave." ch'Alev said with a small smile to the Vulcan and looked at the Captain and FO.

"If you would excuse me." giving both the Command Officers a nod before he moved back over to the tactical station to his relief it wasn't going to be much longer before his tests were completed.

==Tag all==
"Chair upgrade huh? Exploding arm rests? Whoopee cushion?" The Captain replied...

Ameen chuckled, and the other engineers joined him a breath later.

"No... no... I'm afraid it is nothing that fancy Ma'am." He replied. "Its an automated seatbelt system. It only deploys if triggered by a pre-programmed set of events. It will make sure that the most important officer on the ship is safer. But don't worry, I am told it has an on and off button, so you can chose to deactivate it if you don't like it later... Oh and we can even throw in a seat heater upgrade for added comfort too while we are at it... you know... to sweeten the deal... right boys?"

The other two engineers nodded with certainty...

I do enjoy surrounding myself with yes people, don't I? hmm... 

Having just noticed Ra'an arriving on the bridge and smiling at him, Ameen's face lit up. He returned her smile with equal measure. In Fact, he was lately starting to realize that having her in the same room as him had an immediate positive effect on his mood.

Happy... she makes me happier... I like that... simple, but true... we should try to hang out more...

At this point the CTO seemed to have seen enough and decided to leave the bridge.

"If you would excuse me." he said, before nodded at Ameen and leaving.

Was it something I said...

== Tag everyone ==
(09-03-2023, 12:13 PM)Jane Fields Wrote: "Well, it's been a long time. I was First Officer and then CO of the Cop, and now there's this new ship as they retired the Cop to diplomatic service..."

== Tag all and anyone who wants to join in on the Bridge ==

Powl took notice of Captain Fields' seeming to be disappointed with the retirement of the Copernicus.  A visible tilt of his head and raise of his eyebrows would indicate a slight misunderstanding and a dash of curiosity.  Powl had read regarding the various missions and accomplishments and it seemed that the time of the Copernicus was well used.

Curious, why would the retirement of an old model give her pause?  The Copernicus was beyond being able to update and renovate to accommodate modern technological advancements.  The decision to retire the Copernicus in light of this information is highly logical...

"I have reviewed the service record of the Copernicus and they indicate that the crew utilized the full function of the Copernicus to the best performance possible.  Further, the ship is still functional although in diplomatic service.  This would indicate a very efficient model.  The Copernicus seems to be retired from use simply due to technological upgrades.  Arguably, the most important aspect of a science vessel are the sensors. Given my recent update to Star Fleet technology as it has advanced over the last 12 years, I would say it was an appropriate time to retire the vessel.  Yet you seem to disagree with the timing of the Copernicus' retirement, despite being in a much more capable ship scientifically speaking.  Why is that?"

During their conversation Powl immediately recognized the First Officer of the Titania come in...but in an engineer's outfit and definitely working as an engineer.

The Titania seems to have a very unique arrangement for the officers.

Seeing Ameen moving a new chair and boasting of new improvements Fields asked:

"Chair upgrade huh? Exploding arm rests? Whoopee cushion?"

(09-04-2023, 02:42 AM)Morad Ameen Wrote: "No... no... I'm afraid it is nothing that fancy Ma'am." He replied. "Its an automated seatbelt system. It only deploys if triggered by a pre-programmed set of events. It will make sure that the most important officer on the ship is safer. But don't worry, I am told it has an on and off button, so you can chose to deactivate it if you don't like it later... Oh and we can even throw in a seat heater upgrade for added comfort too while we are at it... you know... to sweeten the deal... right boys?"

== Tag everyone ==

Powl had not been introduced to the first officer and had not been ordered down from being at attention so he remained staring straight ahead towards Keval.

Chair upgrades?  What is a whoopee cushion?  There didn't seem to be any reference to that in the Star Fleet technological database.

Just after the new conversation began, ch'Alev excused himself from the topic, Powl still at attention...

Perhaps he would require my assistance with the new calibrations.  

"Captain, what is a whoopee cushion?  I am curious as to what function this upgrade might have?  I don't recall anything in the learning material regarding this device."
Having just noticed Ra'an arriving on the bridge and smiling at him, Ameen's face lit up. He returned her smile with equal measure. In Fact, he was lately starting to realize that having her in the same room as him had an immediate positive effect on his mood.

When Ameen smiled back, Amila had to contain the butterflies. She hadn't meant to be seen, but of course he would notice. He's the first officer, part of his job is to notice everything. This was really just a silly crush anyway, she would have to figure out how to get him out of her head. Maybe a meaningless fing on shore leave or something.

She had not noticed the Vulcan midshipman standing at attention, but as she was trying to clear her head, she heard him speak in a typical stoic Vulcan manner, "Captain, what is a whoopee cushion?  I am curious as to what function this upgrade might have?  I don't recall anything in the learning material regarding this device."

Amila tried to hold back a laugh, which turned into a quiet snort, she quickly covered her mouth with her hand, slight tears welling up in her eyes from holding back her laughter. She fought the urge to ask what she had missed, hoping it would come out soon enough from the senior officers.
Jane opened her mouth to respond to Powl’s ‘logic’ on the Copernicus retirement but decided against it. Ameen had thankfully distracted them.

Ch’Alev excused himself from the conversation at the mention of the chair upgrades. Ra’an reported in for duty and took her station but not without exchanging looks with Ameen.

Interesting…

Ameen laughed at Jane’s quip, while the other Engineers took their cue after a few seconds…. She asked herself if she was really that intimidating?

Well, not such a bad thing necessarily…

Jane had made a career, probably a life out of being intimidating. It had served her well in many ways, less so in others. It was quite a filtering device. Lieutenant Taylor’s visage crossed her mind briefly and she almost smiled… almost.

"No... no... I'm afraid it is nothing that fancy Ma'am." Ameen replied about the upgrade.  "Its an automated seatbelt system. It only deploys if triggered by a pre-programmed set of events. It will make sure that the most important officer on the ship is safer. But don't worry, I am told it has an on and off button, so you can chose to deactivate it if you don't like it later... Oh and we can even throw in a seat heater upgrade for added comfort too while we are at it... you know... to sweeten the deal... right boys?"

She unfolded her arms but her eyes were still narrowed suspiciously. “Well, you can test it on your seat first.”

"Captain, what is a whoopee cushion?  I am curious as to what function this upgrade might have?  I don't recall anything in the learning material regarding this device." the confused Vulcan asked.

For the second time, Jane hesitated to respond. “I can’t begin to explain the logic of a whoopee cushion to you Mister Powl…. because quite frankly there isn’t any, it’s a human thing. Let it go!”

…if you’ll pardon the pun.

She extricated herself from the situation.

“I’ll be in my ready room if needed.*
"Captain, what is a whoopee cushion?" The Vulcan asked. "I am curious as to what function this upgrade might have?  I don't recall anything in the learning material regarding this device."

“I can’t begin to explain the logic of a whoopee cushion to you Mister Powl…" Jane replied. "Because quite frankly there isn’t any, it’s a human thing. Let it go!"

Ameen looked at the ground and ran his fingers through his hair doing his best not to laugh at the Captain's cheeky choice of words...

I'd explain it to him later I guess.... maybe it is time to replicate one...

"I'll be happy to show you one later if you like..." Morad said to Powl. "It is just an interesting human practical joke really..."

Then the Captain turned her attention back to the Engineers. She unfolded her arms but her eyes were still narrowed suspiciously. 

“Well, you can test it on your seat first.” She said then departed the bridge heading to the ready room.

Morad nodded and addressed his comrades.

"You heard the Cap'n gents. Let's get the FO seat set up..."

The two seats were practically identical so the upgrade would work on both the same way, some minor adjustments to the setup were needed by the engineers had no issues with the new set up. Ameen was very hands-on while doing the work. He tool the lead with other two assisting by handing him the tools he would ask for from the tool kit and holding the new equipment in place while he installed it himself. The three worked with great efficiency that was impressive to see. One would safely assume that they have worked together for a long time and knew each other's habits and styles. 

Taking full advantage of being docked at the Sol station, other Engineering crews started arriving on the bridge to run various maintenance and other upgrades. The ship was new enough that not much hardware needed upgraded, but software and testing on the bridge was in the final stages of being run. 

"Ah excuse me ma'am." An engineering crewman approached Ra'an while holding a small box in his hands. "The chief wanted me to install this at the science station... if you don't mind..."

He opened the box to reveal a standard issue cup holder that would attach to the station and hold a coffee cup securely. It was one of those optional add-ons... 

== Tag all ==
"Ah excuse me ma'am." An engineering crewman approached Ra'an while holding a small box in his hands. "The chief wanted me to install this at the science station... if you don't mind..."

He opened the box to reveal a standard issue cup holder that would attach to the station and hold a coffee cup securely. It was one of those optional add-ons...

Ra'an stepped aside, but looked confused as the engineers approached the science station. "Really? Lt. Samik asked for a cup holder?" Ra'an would not have expected that Samik would want them to have beverages while they were working, but perhaps her Vulcan boss would continue to surprise her. And there was the fact that she had obviously missed a previous conversations about whoopee cushions. Amila looked around her trying to figure out if all of this was really happening on a Starfleet Bridge. Was it always like this on shore leave?

She stepped down to where Ameen was working on a chair of all things. "Commander?" she said waiting to get his attention. "I feel a little in the way up here. cup holder installs and all. Is there anything I could be doing to make myself useful?" she asked. 

== tag engineers and Morad ==
Keval watched from the Tactical Console the scene unfolding between them all when he saw a blip come up on the console to let him know that his diagnostic had finished. It was then he noticed Mr Powl was still standing at attention while the others were busy talking around him.

"Mr Powl, would you like to come over here and help double check this diagnostic report." he said giving a smile and hoped the Vulcan would take him up on his offer.

To the Andorian all the report looked good to him, there was nothing to concern the two Tactical Officers it was just so Powl could indeed escape and at least drop out of standing to attention. Keval, even through species wise they weren't meant to get on, he took it on a case by case basis. This Vulcan seemed to be agreeable to ch'Alev at least and may even prove to be a real asset in his department.

==Tag Powl, and Ameen I only moved to Tactical Console not off Bridge yet.... might do if someone does a whoopie through hahaha==
Delta straighten her uniform and stiffly walked onto the Bridge, hugging the back panels to do a check of the security equipment on the Bridge. She kept a low key as to not disturb any of the other officers or enlisted personal busy with their tasks.

Delta’s demeanor had changed from the giggling school girl in the Turbo Lift, into the hardened battle-ready person most of the crew mates identified her as. She noticed a fellow Andorian at the tactical console, and gave him a nod. The chief tactical officer was a little older than her, but his insignia showed a wealth of experience.

At another glance Delta noticed the First Officer had the Bridge. She wondered if the Captain was getting briefed on a mission, or if she was just off doing Captain things. Delta leant very early that keeping a low key was the best way to survive as a junior security officer, and slowly work the ranks through positive actions.

== Tag anyone with a job for me :p ==
"Commander?" Ra'an said waiting to get his attention. "I feel a little in the way up here. cup holder installs and all. Is there anything I could be doing to make myself useful?" she asked.

Ameen's face was buried in the installation manual when she spoke.

Oh she is talking to me... ah yes, time to put the first officer hat on...

"Ahem..." He cleared his throat. "Yes, the cup holder. My idea. Everyone needs to enjoy a good cup of coffee, or their favorite beverage, in the morning. It is good for crew productivity too, yes?" He grinned.

Before she could answer however a loud bang shook the bridge, and Ameen stumbled right into her awkwardly, almost toppling her over. But she was sturdier than he thought.

Oh she is quite fit for science officer... Focus Morad! 

"Report!" He called out after recomposing himself.

"Data still coming in Sir." Reported OPS. "But it looks like a small explosion in science lab -13..."

Another experiment gone wrong, eh?

"Ok, we'll go check it out." Ameen replied. "Put the seat upgrade on hold lads." He said to his engineers then looked around the bridge.

I'll need a science officer and a security officer for this.

"Ra'an, Delta. You two are with me... Commander Keval you have the bridge, continue to monitor the situation from here."

With a quick, almost supernatural, move, Ameen unzipped his dirty engineering coveralls revealing a pristine first officer uniform underneath, he tossed them aside and made his way to the turbo lift to join the other two officers. 

"Ameen to Sickbay, send a medic to meet me at Science lab-13."  He said before the doors of the lift closed.

"Commander Keval." The  communication officer said. "We have a incoming message from Space Dock Sir. They have detected an onboard detitanation and asking we require assistance..."

== Subplot activated: Tag everyone. Smile ==
“I can’t begin to explain the logic of a whoopee cushion to you Mister Powl…" Jane replied. "Because quite frankly there isn’t any, it’s a human thing. Let it go!" Powl found himself even more intrigued. Why would Star Fleet have a totally illogical upgrade to a Senior Bridge Officer chair? I must research this!

"I'll be happy to show you one later if you like..." Morad said to Powl. "It is just an interesting human practical joke really..."

Torock raised an eyebrow and turned towards the First Officer.  “Thank you, sir, that would be most helpful.  But since it is a practical joke, perhaps we should wait until we are off duty.”

Before any response could be made, the Engineering team caught Morad’s attention again and ch’Alev inquired for Powl:

"Mr Powl, would you like to come over here and help double check this diagnostic report."

Torock dropped standing attention and turned to his new Department Head.  Gratified to be mobile again, and getting to hit the ground running, took off quickly in the direction indicated.     “Certainly, Commander.  What type of diagnostic were you…”  Before he could finish the question, a large explosion sounded from the ship.  With a deft speed of years of training and drilling, the entire bridge suddenly turned from a jovial social exchange into a much more serious mode. 

Ops reported an explosion in one of the Science labs.  Nothing specific as to how or what type of explosion.  Likely since there was no data.  Without missing a step, Morad, Ra’an, and Delta accompanied each other to investigate.

Torock suddenly found himself without an assignment.
“Commander, would you like me to move ahead with the diagnostic, or assume a station, sir?”
Before Amila could answer however a loud bang shook the bridge, she braced herself as the Bridge shook, and Ameen stumbled right into her awkwardly, almost toppling her over, but she was able to hang on to him and keep him from falling as well. Her heart skipped a beat for the split second he was in her arms. Oh this not good, she thought. Sure the explosion was bad, but she also had to figure out how to end this crush she had on the first officer. She wondered if getting out Bridge duty for a few weeks would look bad...

"Report!" Morad called out, snapping Ra'an back to attention. She ran up to the science station, the engineers already clearing the way.

"Data still coming in Sir." Reported OPS. "But it looks like a small explosion in science lab -13..."

Another experiment gone wrong, eh?

"Ok, we'll go check it out." Ameen replied. "Put the seat upgrade on hold lads." He said to his engineers then looked around the bridge.

"Ra'an, Delta. You two are with me... Commander Keval you have the bridge, continue to monitor the situation from here."

Amila didn't even have time to log in to her station, she nodded at Commander Ameen's order and made her way down the ramp to the turbolift. She made an awkward point of averting her eyes as the commander took off his coveralls revealing a pristine duty uniform.

"Ameen to Sickbay, send a medic to meet me at Science lab-13."  He said before the doors of the lift closed.

"Commander Keval." The  communication officer said. "We have a incoming message from Space Dock Sir. They have detected an onboard detitanation and asking we require assistance..."

"Commander, I know I'm not privy to all the experiments being run in the labs, but I'm definitely not aware of any so volatile that an explosion would rattle the entire ship," Ra'an offered.
“Certainly, Commander.  What type of diagnostic were you…” responded Powl before he could finish the question,

Out of no where came a loud bang that shook the Bridge, Keval gripped onto his console to steady himself.

"Report!" called out the FO.

"Ok, we'll go check it out." Ameen replied. "Put the seat upgrade on hold lads." He said to his engineers then looked around the bridge before handing out more orders,

The Andorian replied, "Yes Commander." as the FO changed out of his overalls and headed towards the turbolift and was on his way to the Science lab.

“Commander, would you like me to move ahead with the diagnostic, or assume a station, sir?” asked Powl, "Yes. Take over this station for me." which was the Tactical Console. It was ready to carry out anything that was required.

Keval headed around to the Command section of the Bridge when the Communication Officer said,

"Commander Keval. We have a incoming message from Space Dock Sir. They have detected an onboard detitanation and asking we require assistance..."

Keval turned in the direction of the Comms Officer, "Reply to them, thank you for their offer. We are currently investigating and will be in touch if we require any further assistance."

ch'Alev then said, "Someone check on the Captain and make sure she is alright. We took quite a shake just then."

==Tag Powl and anyone else along with our Pseudo GM==
“Certainly, Commander.  What type of diagnostic were you…” responded Powl before he could finish the question,

Out of no where came a loud bang that shook the Bridge, Keval gripped onto his console to steady himself.

"Report!" called out the FO.

"Ok, we'll go check it out." Ameen replied. "Put the seat upgrade on hold lads." He said to his engineers then looked around the bridge before handing out more orders,

The Andorian replied, "Yes Commander." as the FO changed out of his overalls and headed towards the turbolift and was on his way to the Science lab.

“Commander, would you like me to move ahead with the diagnostic, or assume a station, sir?” asked Powl, "Yes. Take over this station for me." which was the Tactical Console. It was ready to carry out anything that was required.

Keval headed around to the Command section of the Bridge when the Communication Officer said,

"Commander Keval. We have a incoming message from Space Dock Sir. They have detected an onboard detitanation and asking we require assistance..."

Keval turned in the direction of the Comms Officer, "Reply to them, thank you for their offer. We are currently investigating and will be in touch if we require any further assistance."

ch'Alev then said, "Someone check on the Captain and make sure she is alright. We took quite a shake just then."

==Tag Powl and anyone else along with our Pseudo GM==
"Yes. Take over this station for me."

"Aye, sir," Powl said while sitting simultaneously.  The chair needed to be adjusted as it was currently set to the prior occupant.  Using his access code, Powl signed into the console. 

I wonder if my old presets are still programmed on the Copernicus?

The console came to life with the iconic look of the LCARS system.  Powl had a look at the readouts and searched for any anomalous information that may reveal what was happening in Lab 13.  So many memories of hitting control after control on the bridge of the Copernicus flooded Powl's mind with the closest thing he could feel to nostalgia. He was prepared to prove he was once again whole no that he is returning. There was a certain comfort and familiarity with working this console, and making his way through the ships programming seemed to coming back to him fluidly. The Bridge smelled of recycled air, the keys felt cold and familiar, the lights on the ship may have been a slightly different colors, but the sounds were certainly unchanged.

He did a quick check on the tactical systems to see if any had been affected.

"Checking tactical systems now, sir."

==Tag all, and our GM==
== Pseudo GM... I like that title! lol Smile ==

The comm officer replied that Space Dock has support crews standing by in case we need them. As for the Captain, her yeoman indicated that she is currently in an important conference call with the Admiralty. Until the meeting is done, all ship business is to be handled by the First Officer.

All ship systems were showing green across the board. The only blip was that ship's structural integrity was down to 99.7%.

More data coming in showed that the small explosion was local, and limited to the inside of the Science Lab 13.

== Ameen and the officers that joined him will continue in the Science labs at this point. ==
The LCARS screen read back the information in response to Torock's inquiry regarding the explosion in Science Lab 13.  Fortunately, it was localized and did have any collateral damage to any of the surrounding areas. 

"Sir, information regarding the incident: it appears the problem was isolated in Science Lab-13.  It appears the problem is small enough that it did no damage outside of the lab.  Other systems do not appear to have been affected, sir."

He looked at the PADD to see what kind of work Commander ch'Alev was doing prior to the explosion.  For a moment, there was a short time of nostalgia that hit Torock.  He was thinking about his service aboard the Copernicus.  The emergency had presented him with a wave of familiarity that had the effect of mentally settling into the role on the Titania.  He was home now. 

"Commander, with your permission, I will resume the diagnostic you were working on."
<<Senior Officer's quarters<<

The officers present would hear the swish of the turbolift doors opening and if they looked would see a tall attractive dark haired Vulcan Security Lieutenant Commander stride through them and on to the bridge.

Without speaking her eyes took in the bridge and those on duty, before closing the distance between her and the senior officer present. Her smile was warm and genuine and the CTO would note that the woman's ebony pupils marked the Vulcan as a Hybrid, sharing Betazoid DNA as well.

Her voice was as warm as her smile. "Unless i am mistaken you would be Lieutenant Commander Keval ch'Alev; I believe you served with my sister S'hiarra Sothrick. I am Shione Kurasa and it is a pleasure to meet you."

Keval would have no doubt of her claim to be S'hiarra's sister as she looked identical to the officer he likely remembered.

==Tag any on Bridge==
Kurasa's combadge erupted with the Captain's voice:

[Fields to Kurasa, please report to my ready room.]

== Tag ==
==I will assume I have been here for a while and so I will watch this thread and post with those on the bridge if they wish to interact==

[Fields to Kurasa, please report to my ready room.]

>>Ready Room>>
"Sir, information regarding the incident: it appears the problem was isolated in Science Lab-13. It appears the problem is small enough that it did no damage outside of the lab. Other systems do not appear to have been affected, sir." reported in Powl.

The Andorian nodded, "Good job it was contained." he commented wondering if the Captain was going to pop out of her Ready Room anytime soon.

"Commander, with your permission, I will resume the diagnostic you were working on." asked Powl, Keval looked in the Vulcans direction,

"Yes, it should of finished by now, please double check the output to the phaser bank, it was showing a very small intermittent fault, if it is still there, contact engineering and let them take a look."

The door to the Bridge opened from the turbolift and Keval was drawn to the noise, the young woman that walked onto the Bridge was a familer looking face and in Security Uniform, as she got closer he noticed the two solid pips on her collar with a hollow one making her the same rank as himself.

Her voice was as warm as her smile. "Unless i am mistaken you would be Lieutenant Commander Keval ch'Alev; I believe you served with my sister S'hiarra Sothrick. I am Shione Kurasa and it is a pleasure to meet you."

Keval returned a small smile, "Ah yes. Of course, yes I did have the pleasure of serving with her. I thought it was her for a moment. It is a pleasure to meet you to."

The Andorian turned to Powl.

"It seems many a ghostly face from the past is appearing, yourself and this young lady looking the spit of the officer I served with before. I wonder if there will be a third."

[Fields to Kurasa, please report to my ready room.] came the Captains voice over the security officers commbadge.

"I wouldn't want you to be delayed chatting to us and I believe your attention might be called later to check out an incident that our First Officer is currently attending to."

==Tag Powl and Kurasa, sorry for the delay peeps==
"Yes, it should of finished by now, please double check the output to the phaser bank, it was showing a very small intermittent fault, if it is still there, contact engineering and let them take a look."

Powl did notate the small variance. While small variances occur quite frequently, each is treated immediately. While most turn out to be practically a slightly askew plasma conduit, some can end up being an indication that a larger problem is about to rear its ugly head and be a serious issue. Those are the ones you want to catch while in spacedock, not in the middle of a battle.

In the middle of a thought, Powl heard the turbolift door opened to another unfamiliar face. The Security officer carried the rank of Lieutenant Commander. The uniform also indicated a Chief of Security. However, that was not the picture of the individual that was originally on the crew manifest for that position. With a confident stride with a sense of familiarity, she stopped in front of Commander ch'Alev.

"Unless i am mistaken you would be Lieutenant Commander Keval ch'Alev; I believe you served with my sister S'hiarra Sothrick. I am Shione Kurasa and it is a pleasure to meet you."

To Torock's surprise, his CTO turned to look in Powl's direction.

"It seems many a ghostly face from the past is appearing, yourself and this young lady looking the spit of the officer I served with before. I wonder if there will be a third."

Torock stood for a moment simply to introduce himself. Apparently this was the NEW Chief of Security. Unaware that the previous had been reassigned, Powl was caught off guard slightly.

"Commander Kurasa, I am Midshipman Torock Powl. Please to meet you." Powl sat back down as the comm chirped with Captain Fields voice summoning Kurasa to the ready room.

Powl return to his assignment focused on the variance. However, in the process of doing so, he found a few errors in the targeting array. It appeared there were a few program miscalculations that were small. It would have had limited impact on any short range calculation, but the long range would be drastically off target. Both issues were notated and a service request sent to Engineering.
An communication from the science lab could be heard throughout the Bridge.

[Ensign Ra'an to Bridge. Is someone there able to run this signal through our comms and see if our UT can make anything of it. We have an artifact in the science lab that appears to be sending a signal.]

==Tag Bridge Crew, Also Psuedo GM (as he's known here) - does it work? do they figure out what it's saying? ==
In the process of reviewing the plethora of data incoming from various diagnostics performed by Powl, the internal ship communication chimed to life:

[Ensign Ra'an to Bridge. Is someone there able to run this signal through our comms and see if our UT can make anything of it. We have an artifact in the science lab that appears to be sending a signal.]

"Ensign Ra'an, this is Midshipman Powl. I am attempting to run the signal through the Universal Translator now."

Isolating the signal from the Science labs, he put it through the computer to try and ascertain any valuable information regarding the object in question.

==Tag==
She was correct in her assumption as the Tactical officer rose to greet her; "Ah yes. Of course, yes I did have the pleasure of serving with her. I thought it was her for a moment. It is a pleasure to meet you to."

The Andorian turned to Powl.

The officer that Keval mentioned stood and spoke: "Commander Kurasa, I am Midshipman Torock Powl. Please to meet you." Powl sat back down as the comm chirped with Captain Fields voice summoning Kurasa to the ready room.

As she turned, she nodded in respect for the two officers, "I look forward to meeting, and working with you both, but the Captain is waiting. Have a great shift."

>>Ready Room>>
Powl introduced himself to the security chief and then a call came up from the Science Labs as Kurasa made her excuses and headed off into the Ready Room.

"Ensign Ra'an, this is Midshipman Powl. I am attempting to run the signal through the Universal Translator now."

Keval knew that Powl would have isolated the signal to carry out running it through the universal translator, "Is there anyway of knowing where it is trying to signal to?" ch'Alev asked Powl.

Anything that was sending a signal out to an unknown area could make an enemy aware of them but a disadvantage to them, he hoped it was just some old signal that was redundant.

==Tag Powl==
== Psuedo GM for Powel ==

The ship detected a subspace signal coming out of the object. Further analysis showed that the signal was a highly complex mathematical formula being transmitted over and over. Destination of the signal was out of our galaxy.
Powl read the report that came from the computer regarding the signal from the Science Lab.

"Fascinating. Commander, I have analyzed the signal. It is a subspace signal to an unknown destination, that is directed outside of our known space. Indeed, if my calculations are correct, it is headed for an unknown destination outside of our own galaxy. Further, the signal is of a highly complex nature. It appears to be mathematical; some type of formula.

The message is on a repeat cycle loop. I will attempt to ascertain what formula is being transmitted."

Powl's fingers flew across his LCARS station and almost created a melody of sounds in his movements.

==tag Psuedo GM, is Powl able to identify a pattern enough to identify and decipher the signal?==
== Psuedo GM ==

Success. Further analysis showed that the signal was, in fact, musical in nature. The computer can play it, it would sound like a pleasant, somewhat sad, lullaby.

The signal itself was traveling at incredible speed. Whatever tech was being used it was far superior to anything the federation had ever encountered.

"Commander!" The officer at the comm station replied. "We are receiving a message... it is another musical number Sir. Origin; unknown... it is only 3 notes." They said.

A deeper analysis of the incoming message will show that it was in fact a set of coordinates it leads to a neutron star know as RX J1856.
== Since the mission is starting, we should continue this subplot in the subplot thread. We will consider it running in its own timeline prior to the crew recall the Captain just posted. ==
== Launch time! ==

The Captain arrived on the bridge and seemed to be absorbed in reading a PADD. She took her seat in the centre chair distractedly. After a minute, she looked up and clocked who was at each of the bridge stations.

Focussing on the officer at the conn, she asked:

"Are all crew aboard and do we have readiness reports from all departments?"

== Tag - prolly Ch'Alev and Ameen ==
"Captain on the bridge." Declared one of the junior officers closer to the turbo lift.

Ameen to turned his head to see Fields walking toward, her focus on the PADD she was carrying.

She is fully taken by whatever the content she is reading... she didn't even notice the junior announcing her arrival this time...

For his part, Morad quickly vacated the Captain's chair and moved to the first officer's station.

"Cap'n." He greeted her with the usual nod as he settled into the new seat.

OK... now she is clearly distracted.

The bridge went quiet for a minute some were looking for him to act or say something.

Easy there boys... she just needs a minute...

Finally, she looked up and looked around as if checking who was present, her eyes finally settled on him.

"Are all crew aboard and do we have readiness reports from all departments?" Asked the Captain.

"All departments reporting full compliments and readiness Captain." replied the first officer. "The Titania is ready when you are."

== Tag Captain. ==
==Science Station 1==

The Chief Science Officer had been sat at the science station for 2.1 hours carefully preparing the science department for departure, for her part it meant ensuring all scientific updates had been downloaded to the ships main and backup computers. She had handed out assignments to her staff, each given a task to do according to their skill level and in some cases to learn aspects of the role as a member of a Science Team. 

Of her subordinates Lt Samik had taken a professional interest in Ensign Ra'an, since the latter's arrival the Vulcan had found her to be an exceptional officer and in her opinion Amila would excel and no doubt reach achieve whatever role she desired in the future. The Ensign's task was to ensure all regulation equipment had been stowed for the mission ahead, ensuring anything that required replenishing or replacing had been done. It was not the most thrilling job Samik knew, but it was a vital task if the upcoming mission was to have any chance of success. If anything was missing the Ensign was under the instruction to replicate a replacement or contact the Starbase for whatever was needed. Should the mission fail for whatever reason, the Lieutenant did not want a lack of equipment to be the cause in the Science Department.

There was several comings and goings on the bridge, Commander Ameen was sat in the center seat. Samik had nodded to the Commander when he'd arrived on the bridge and carried on with her duties. However when a Junior Officer announced, "Captain on the bridge." The CSO stood up and adopted a thoughtful posture and nodded in the Captain's direction, whether that had been noticed was unknown as the Captain appeared to be engrossed in her reading material. Like most the Vulcan's curiousity was piqued, she wondered where the ship was to go. She was not excited, that would have been emotion, but the thought of learning something new was quite agreeable.

"Captain, the Science Department is ready for departure."

==Tags (Tag to Amila) ==
The FO replied that all departments were reporting green. Samik looked like she had already been busy for hours making sure everything was perfect in Science.

Gotta love Vulcans...

"Good. Thank you." She then gave instructions to the helm. "Once we have clearance from Starbase, take her out beyond the no warp zone. Lay in a course for 99 Herculis System and engage at warp 9.2."

She turned to the FO.

"A spatial anomaly has appeared in a star system that was previously unremarkable. Fleet Command is sending us to survey it and report back." She frowned. "We don't know much at this stage, but it seems unnatural."

This could of course be anything. 'Spatial anomaly' covered a lot. 

"The readings that had been observed from the nearest listening post show a high concentration of gravitons and tachyons from a previously empty area of the system." She handed over her PADD to Ameen. "It sounds troubling, but could be anything. We'll see."

Jane had encountered subspace rifts and temporal distortions before on the Copernicus and the unusual concentration of these exotic particles made her uneasy and brought back bad memories.
"Captain on the bridge." Declared one of the junior officers closer to the turbo lift.

To which Powl stood at his seat.  Captain Fields appeared to be ALL business and no play. 

"Good. Thank you." She then gave instructions to the helm. "Once we have clearance from Starbase, take her out beyond the no warp zone. Lay in a course for 99 Herculis System and engage at warp 9.2."

"Aye, Captain.  Beginning work on departure and clearance."

Torock took initiative to man the helm and begin departure preparations.  The controls had evolved since the Copernicus, but all in a positive direction.  Powl began clearing the checklist for departure.  Moorings, control arms, buoys, worker bees, scaffolding, and all the peripheral materials had to be removed so to avoid ripping them apart when Titania would start forward momentum.

"Captain, pathway is clear, requesting clearance from Starbase control now," he said flatly.  He had done this procedure hundreds of times.  Although, it did seem like it was almost a separate life. The engines, although they had not been engaged, hummed to life as they prepared to answer for power from the helm control.  Titania was coming alive.  It was almost as if the ship had been in a slumber to rest and recharge, and now she was full of life and ready to go into the galaxy with vigor and vitality, ready and rearing to be put to work.  Controls and readouts across the entire bridge began to illuminate as Titania began finalize preparations.  

Sounds from every control panel and officer communicating with the rest of the ship created a background buzz and white noise that would have been unsettling to an untrained ear.  In this case, to any Star Fleet personnel, this was a joyous melody of sounds and vibrations.  Similar to that of internal combustion engine of Ancient Earth.  Although the Titania was indisputably faster and more capable, it was an apt analogy of how the perception of a well constructed and oiled machine was functioning to satisfactory parameters. Such was the efficiency of the Star Fleet crew in control of the Titania. With the hum of the engines, the slightest rumble could be felt beneath the floor boards.

Yet, despite what other sentient life could experience on that emotional level, Torock remained as neutral as always in his expression.

"Starbase Control Actual, USS Titania request clearance for departure."
Samik was just in the process of reading a report from a member of her Science Team, it was nothing of deep interest just something that required her attention as CSO. An adjacent panel chimed on the console, it indicated the receipt of a data packet. The logical assumption the Vulcan made was it was sent by the Captain.

[Report on: 99 Herculis System anomalous readings. Stardate 202311.03
Relayed signals from Herschel Array show sudden appearance of a spatial anomaly in empty space in 99 Herculis. No previous activity noted in system. High concentrations of tachyons and gravitons. Affected area approximately 300-600km in diameter.
Recommend recon and survey as matter of urgency given likely unnatural cause.]

Samik's eyebrow raised as she looked over the information, she found it odd that something should just appear without warning and if she was reading into the report correctly the people who'd sent the report were of the same opinion. The Lieutenant's hands wandered towards a free console and a second later she turned to the screen. The CSO's intent was to access the the neighbouring sectors of space and to run a check on the library computer files to see if there was any information of happenings in the 99 Herculis System, not necessarily of scientific interest.

For something to suddenly appear like it had was troubling for the CSO and as such she felt a search of the neighbouring area information and information of any kind regarding the system was a logical start.

==Tag GM - Does Samik find out about the neighbouring systems and does she find out any information on the system (Not necessarily sciencey stuff) ==
Keval entered the Bridge a little bit late for duty, he didn't look his usual self as he took over on the Tactical Console. He noted that Powl was on the Conn and Ameen and the Captain was already there.

"Sorry for my lateness Captain... I have been rather distracted...." he said looking a little bit of concern on his face as Keval then added,

"Tactical is green and ready." not knowing if all the departments had reported in or even where they were heading, as a result his antenna were showing the evidence of his confusion by wiggling uncontrollably on his head.

==Tag all, sorry for the late reply, busy couple of weeks in RL more than expected.==
Noxi wasn't on the Bridge, but she did tag in from her Comms badge.
=/\= Medical is ready. =/\=
Short, sweet, succinct. She was a busy lady with a lot to do and had little time or tolerance for command stuff.
== For Powl ==

Titania received clearance to depart:

[This is Starbase Control, Titania you are cleared for departure. May a fair wind be at your back]

Once clear of the no warp zone, Powl could lay in a course and engage. At warp 9.2, the 99 Herculis system was around 10 days away.

==For Samik ==

99 Herculis is a binary star system, 51ly from Sol. It gets its name from the Terran constellation of Hercules that is named after an ancient mythical hero. 99 Herculis A is a main sequence F-type star and 99 Herculis B is a K-type main sequence star. There is a disk of icy debris in the barycenter of the orbit between the two stars which is slightly misaligned, likely caused by an intersection with another star system in its distant past. There is one planet in the system, a circumbinary gas giant. Other than this, it seems to be unremarkable and has no life. The Ferengis once carried out atmospheric mining on the gas giant but not for a long time. The system is relatively close to the border with Ferengi space and close to the Argus Sector, on the outer reaches of Federation space.
[This is Starbase Control, Titania you are cleared for departure. May a fair wind be at your back]

Powl listened to the control tower for the Starbase. Emotion may be suppressed, but Torock was greatly looking for to resuming the exploration. The scientific discoveries and advances found in space exploration alone had made the most gratifying experience. Being able to contribute, carry out experiments, research new technologies and advance current ones, all while seeing new parts of the galaxy previously unexplored by the Federation was the entire goal and life's work for Powl.

"Captain, I have received clearance. Navigating to end of No Warp, and ready to engage at Warp 9.2, destined for the 99 Herculis system."

A few moments pass by as the ship sails slowly through the Starbase to the doors. As the open to the vast open space of a display full of stars waiting to greet the Titania as she left the cocoon of the Starbase, the Titania almost seemed to skip a heartbeat as she was an eager horse ready to run.

With a break in the silence while Titania slowly progressed out of space dock, Commander ch'Alev entered the bridge.

"Sorry for my lateness Captain... I have been rather distracted...." he said looking a little bit of concern on his face.

In the computer, Powl sent a message to his Chief, text only. "Commander, let me know if I can be of any assistance to you."

Torock left it at that. No need to pressure or inquire further. Commander ch'Alev had a stellar reputation and an even better service record. Torock would most likely need HIS help before he needed help from a brand new Midshipman.

"Captain Fields, we are clear of the no warp zone. Course and speed programmed, and all systems are green across the board. Ready to go to warp on your command."

It had been a great deal of time since he had uttered those words. A sense of accomplishment and realization of freedom flooded Powl's mind. The old chapter had been closed and the new had opened simultaneously as he said those words.
The CSO sat in her usual upright, efficient posture and examined the information that she was receiving regarding the system in question. It was a binary system. The first star was F-Type star and the second was a K-Type neither was of real interest.

"Captain, I have accessed what information there is available regarding the Ninety-Nine Herculis system," The Vulcan saw no need to hold back the information and continued, "It is a binary star system Ninety-Nine Herculis A is an F-type star, B is a K-type. I can provide further information on those classifications if you wish?" Samik said eyeing both the Captain and First Officer?"

The CSO would continue, "There is an ice debris belt in the barycenter of the stars, however, it appears to be misaligned, I can only theorize as to why that is at this point. Perhaps upon closer examination, we can determine why, should time and our mission parameters permit. The system has one planet, a gas giant that the Ferengi have previously attempted to mine the atmosphere. It may be worthy of note that we are close to Ferengi territory and the Argus Sector."

==Tag CO and FO==
"A spatial anomaly has appeared in a star system that was previously unremarkable. Fleet Command is sending us to survey it and report back." Jane frowned. "We don't know much at this stage, but it seems unnatural. The readings that had been observed from the nearest listening post show a high concentration of gravitons and tachyons from a previously empty area of the system." She handed over her PADD to Ameen. "It sounds troubling, but could be anything. We'll see."

Trouble is our business... or so it seems lately... hmm...

The first officer studied the PADD for a second and then replied.

"Gravitons and Tachyons. It is too early to tell, but the word temporal anomaly keeps popping up in my head. I advise that we proceed with the utmost caution Captain..." he said.

I have a very bad feeling about this...

"Sorry for my lateness Captain... I have been rather distracted...."  Commander ch'Alev joined them on the bridge.

Ameen gave the CTO a friendly nod, the two have been working closely together of late and their friendship was growing.

"Captain Fields, we are clear of the no warp zone. Course and speed programmed, and all systems are green across the board. Ready to go to warp on your command." The helm declared.

It was then that the CSO offered some more information about their destination.

"Captain, I have accessed what information there is available regarding the Ninety-Nine Herculis system, It is a binary star system Ninety-Nine Herculis A is an F-type star, B is a K-type. I can provide further information on those classifications if you wish? There is an ice debris belt in the barycenter of the stars, however, it appears to be misaligned, I can only theorize as to why that is at this point. Perhaps upon closer examination, we can determine why, should time and our mission parameters permit. The system has one planet, a gas giant that the Ferengi have previously attempted to mine the atmosphere. It may be worthy of note that we are close to Ferengi territory and the Argus Sector." Said Samik.

Oh good... I have some personal connections on Ferenginar myself... 

"Whatever it is, chances are that if we saw it, the Ferengi saw it too. They are very inquisitive people, particularly if they sense an opportunity for profit. I'll bet you 5 strips of gold-pressed latinum that, like us, they are sending a ship to take a closer look." 

Morad was only half joking.
Keval listened to the conversation about what was going on when his console beeped with a message in text from Powl asking if he could provide any assistance which was very kind of the officer. At this moment in time Keval replied with a short message, saying [Thank you Mr Powl I will keep that in mind.]

The Andorian didn't want to dwell on it right now he was trying to focus and get in the game plan for the mission, as the FO said,

"Whatever it is, chances are that if we saw it, the Ferengi saw it too. They are very inquisitive people, particularly if they sense an opportunity for profit. I'll bet you 5 strips of gold-pressed latinum that, like us, they are sending a ship to take a closer look."

Keval added, "Knowing the Ferengi if they get there first they will try to sell what ever it is to us by claiming its theirs to sell."

==Tag all==

The fact that Cdr Ameen was only half joking was completely missed by the Vulcan Science Officer, the concept of humour was not a strong suit of hers at all. But there was something else the Lieutenant thought needed to be addressed.

Samik's jaw dropped as she was about to speak, however, her friend Keval beat her to the so-called chase. "Knowing the Ferengi if they get there first they will try to sell what ever it is to us by claiming its theirs to sell."

"Commander," Samik said addressing Cdr Ameen, "Is it not unethical to encourage crewmembers to gamble?" She looked across towards the CTO, "We cannot assume the Ferengi will get involved, though there is a probability that they will. I believe it is crucial to keep an open mind."

==Tags==
There was speculation on the bridge that the Ferengis might be involved. The sector was close to their space, but it may well be coincidence.

Jane shrugged. "Be prepared for everything, I guess!"

The Ferengis could certainly complicate things.

"Engage, Mister Powl." She instructed helm.

== Let's time warp to arrival ==
== Time warp just over 10 days to arrival ==

Titania made an uneventful journey to 99 Herculis and dropped out of warp on the edge of the system.

Sensors were picking up an area about 550 km in diameter emitting large concentrations of gravitons and tachyons. There were no immediate signs of other vessels present. Probes and specialist scans might yield more information, however....
"Knowing the Ferengi if they get there first they will try to sell what ever it is to us by claiming its theirs to sell." Keval said.

I may actually make use of my small fortune then after all... strange... I feel sad about the thought of parting with it... I think it gives me some sort of... comfort?... hmm...

"Indeed." Ameen replied with agreement. 

"Commander," Samik said addressing him in her usual even tone of voice, "Is it not unethical to encourage crewmembers to gamble?" She looked across towards Keval, "We cannot assume the Ferengi will get involved, though there is a probability that they will. I believe it is crucial to keep an open mind."

"I was not being serious Lieutenant." Morad chuckled. "But you are right, we are all speculating here... crews tend to do that while heading into a new mission..."

"Be prepared for everything, I guess!" Said the Captain. "Engage, Mister Powl."

With the magic word spoken. The Titania made a smooth jump into warp speed and they were well on their way. The trip to their destination was largely uneventful. Which it always a good thing in the chief Engineer slash first officer's book.

"Arriving at 99 Herculis." Declared Ameen. "Drop us out of warp Mr. Powl nice and easy... Samik, proceed with your scans as soon as you are able if you please." 

Once the ship settled into normal space, Morad turned to ch'Alev,

"Are we alone here Commander?"

== Tags ==
As the Titania dropped out of warp, Keval checked the sensors as the First Officer asked,

"Are we alone here Commander?"

ch'Alev looked at the information coming in, "Looks like we are at the moment Sir.  Sensors are picking up an area about 550 km in diameter emitting large concentrations of gravitons and tachyons but no vessels."

The Andorian paused then said,

"Captain, I would suggest we send a probe and resequencing our sensors to see if we can see anything before getting too close to the area in question."

==Tag FO and Cap, along with anyone else==
Amila was in the turbolift on her way to report for Bridge duty when she felt felt the subtle shift as the Titania dropped out of warp. They were finally here. As scientist she was excited to be scheduled on the Bridge during the arrival in the Hercules 99 system. Binary star systems were always a treat even without a spacial anomaly to investigate.

The turbolift doors opened as Commander ch'Alev was recommending that they send a probe. Amila did a quick scan of the Bridge as she took her position next to Lieutenant Samik. Amila gave a nod of recognition. "Ready for duty, Lieutenant. I'm pretty excited about this one," she admitted. Amila had been pretty nervous around the Vulcan Chief Science Officer when she had first arrived, but quickly found her to be quite personable.

==Tag Samik ==
"Engage, Mister Powl." She instructed helm.

Powl, with hand on button, depressed the control to launch the ship into Warp speeds.  "Aye, Captain, warp engaged and we will finish our acceleration at Warp 9.2." 

Over the course of the travel, Titania hummed away streaming through space without so much as a hiccup.  She was indeed a fine flying machine.  Time flew by as Powl continued his system evaluation of the ship's systems and tactical array.  Although a science vessel, the Titania could afford herself as a bit scrappy if the duty called for it.  There were other ships in the fleet naturally equipped more for combat, but none of them could compare to the impressive array of sensors and instruments for gathering data. 

Finally, the ship arrived at the prescribed coordinates.

"Drop us out of warp Mr. Powl nice and easy... Samik, proceed with your scans as soon as you are able if you please."

Powl nodded and began the deceleration out of warp.  "Aye, sir.  Exiting warp now." 

The Titania cruised in and came to impulse speeds with precision. While pleased with the response the Titania was giving Powl for any program adjustments, he did want to work on some programming that would take some of the guess work out of navigation.  Some of the processes could be more automated so that focus on other items would be possible.
Knowing the time of arrival Shione made it a point to find herself on the bridge manning the security post.  Her experience with the CO of the Philly and her rule regarding Security officers on the bridge made her quite glad to be back with Fields.

It was Shione's opinion that all departments would have unique perspectives on any person, place or thing they encountered and having that wider field of experience on the bridge had always seemed to be a wise choice.

She kept silent, nodding in respect to any officer who greeted her. The bridge was growing crowded and with the arrival at their destination everyone was busy.

There appeared to be no apprehension as all of those present kept their focus where it was needed.

Alright let's see how this crew functions
The trip to the system had been thankfully smooth and uneventful. The ship and systems were all in good working order, which was just as well given what they might be up against should this anomaly turn out to be caused by someone, Ferengis or otherwise.

The CTO suggested a probe, which was the logical way forward.

"Make it so, Commander Ch'Alev." She replied and rose up from her seat.

"Mister Powl, hold her steady for now. Let's run some scans before approaching closer."

Jane expected the Science team would have ideas...

The Captain looked over to the science station.

"Are there any warp traces in the system? Run scans for possible cloaked ships."

Something had caused this. Such anomalies didn't simply appear out of nowhere.

== Tag all ==
"Indeed." Ameen replied agreeing to the CTO, he then addressed the Lieutenant's concern about gambling, "I was not being serious Lieutenant." Morad chuckled. "But you are right, we are all speculating here... crews tend to do that while heading into a new mission..."

"Be prepared for everything, I guess!" The Captain added gaining a silent nod from the CSO. "Engage, Mister Powl." Was the command that saw the ship departing into the vastness of space.

==Post Time Jump==

The CSO was sat compiling some of the sensor readings taken during the journey, nothing had presented itself as being relevant. Her concentration was broken away when the First Officer reported. "Arriving at 99 Herculis." Followed by. "Drop us out of warp Mr. Powl nice and easy... Samik, proceed with your scans as soon as you are able if you please."

"Aye, sir.  Exiting warp now." The Helmsman replied.

"Yes, Commander," Samik replied initiating the command immediately.

The next command in the form of a question was directed to Commander ch'Alev, "Are we alone here Commander?"

ch'Alev responded, "Looks like we are at the moment Sir.  Sensors are picking up an area about 550 km in diameter emitting large concentrations of gravitons and tachyons but no vessels." He paused and added, "Captain, I would suggest we send a probe and resequencing our sensors to see if we can see anything before getting too close to the area in question."

"Ready for duty, Lieutenant. I'm pretty excited about this one," Samik had turned to face the Ensign as she approached. Since their first meeting, the Vulcan had noticed that Amila's confidence and skills had improved greatly, her recent promotion to Ensign was well deserved and there was no doubt in Samik's mind that Ra'an would rise through the ranks and have a fulfilling career.

"You have arrived just in time Ensign," The CSO gestured to the console next to hers, "Please sit," She then turned back to her science station.

"Make it so, Commander Ch'Alev." Samik heard the Captain respond, quickly followed by a command to the Helmsman, "Mister Powl, hold her steady for now. Let's run some scans before approaching closer."

"Are there any warp traces in the system? Run scans for possible cloaked ships." Fields ordered to Samik and Ra'an.

"Aye, Captain," Samik replied turning towards Amila, "Ensign I believe it would be efficient to separate the workload. I would like you to concentrate on the anomalies, and see if you can discover the source and location. I will search for the warp signatures."

As the scans began Samik thought about what Amila had said regarding her excitement for the mission and not for the first time her curiosity was piqued. "May I ask Ensign, why is your excitement level greater for this mission?" She turned to face her younger colleague, "Is your excitement not the same for all missions? or does it depend on the type of mission?"

==Tag Amila - GM Input please - Does Samik find any evidence of warp signatures?==
As the scans began Samik thought about what Amila had said regarding her excitement for the mission and not for the first time her curiosity was piqued. "May I ask Ensign, why is your excitement level greater for this mission?" She turned to face her younger colleague, "Is your excitement not the same for all missions? or does it depend on the type of mission?

Amila turned to Samik and smiled. "Spacial anomalies are my specialty," she responded. "Of course I am happy to help the team out in any way I can, and will jump at every opportunity given to me. When I was choosing my specialty I honed in space-time anomalies, quantum theory, temporal mechanics. Any opportunity to study something like this either brings us one step closer to understanding the universe, or shows us just how little we really know." The sense of wonder and excitement were evident in Amila's voice to anyone who happened to overhear her answer Samik's question.

"I'll get right on those scans," she added seriously as she turned back to her station, and got to work.

==Tag Samik ==

==Tag GM - what do Amila's scans for anomalies pick up? - thanks! ==
Keval was pleased that the Captain had taken his idea of sending a probe towards the strange occurrence.

"Make it so, Commander Ch'Alev." Captain Fields replied and rose up from her seat.

"Understood Captain." replied Keval as he started putting commands into tactical to ready a probe.

It was a couple of minutes before the probe was ready.

"Probe ready to launch." he said followed by "Firing."

The probe launched and could be seen briefly on the main view screen heading towards whatever it was they were trying to investigate.

==GM request: Do we get any good information back from the probe?==
There were no recent warp signatures being picked up.

Normal active sensor sweeps showed that there suggested a rift in subspace, with adjustment to the sensors sensitivity, there were not only tachyon and graviton concentrations, but also traces of chroniton radiation present.

== Ch'Alev, I will assume you are firing a class 2 probe ==

The probe on entering the anomaly returned much the same information as the sensors and confirmation of chroniton radiation, but with much more detailed telemetry. The build up of chronitons was increasing at an alarming rate, doubling every 30 seconds.
Samik turned, as not to appear rude when Amile replied to her inquiry regarding excitement. The smile on the Orion Officer's face confirmed Amila's expression of feeling. "Spacial anomalies are my specialty," The Ensign began. "Of course I am happy to help the team out in any way I can, and will jump at every opportunity given to me. When I was choosing my specialty I honed in space-time anomalies, quantum theory, temporal mechanics. Any opportunity to study something like this either brings us one step closer to understanding the universe, or shows us just how little we really know."

Samik held her head back and turned back towards her console, "Ah, I believe I understand. So it is fair to say that you find your work exciting, but more so when the type of mission aligns with your field of training?"

The Vulcan was not an expert in people and their thoughts and behaviours, so the conversation with the Ensign was enlightening. As a Scientist the CSO thought she was obligated to learn and embrace the beliefs of others, learning was always fulfilling to Samik.

"I'll get right on those scans," Amila said.

"Make it so, Commander Ch'Alev." Captain Fields ordered.

"Understood Captain." Keval replied as he tapped at his console, soon after he added, "Probe ready to launch." And then. "Firing."

Once the probe was launched Samik connected the science consoles, that way they too could observe the readings that would be taken. Her eyes drifted over to her sensor read-out screen. "There are currently no recent warp signatures present, Captain!" The Lieutenant reported.

The probe began to send information back to the ship, as did the ship sensors but those were not seen by Samik. "Ensign, are you seeing this?"

==Tag Amila and Captain==
"Looks like we are at the moment Sir.  Sensors are picking up an area about 550 km in diameter emitting large concentrations of gravitons and tachyons but no vessels." Replied the CTO. "Captain, I would suggest we send a probe and resequencing our sensors to see if we can see anything before getting too close to the area in question." He added.

That would be prudent yes...

"Make it so, Commander Ch'Alev." Replied the Captain. 

"Understood Captain." Keval replied. "Probe ready to launch." And then. "Firing."

"Mister Powl, hold her steady for now." Fields said. "Let's run some scans before approaching closer." Then she turned to science. "Are there any warp traces in the system? Run scans for possible cloaked ships."

It was then that Ameen made a mental note of Amelia's presence on the bridge and she seemed very excited about this mission too. He did not want to take any chances of things getting awkward again... He turned his head facing forward and again and took a deep breath.

She is an Ensign you are Commander... this will never work... the Captain will not approve... 

"There are currently no recent warp signatures present, Captain!" The Lieutenant Samik.

This is too quiet... I don't like it... at least Kurasa is here so that's a huge plus in case things do go south...

"I advise we go to Yellow Alert Captain." Ameen spoke softly to Jane. "We are approaching an unknow phenomena, and maybe this is the engineer in me speaking, but I have an uneasy feeling about this..."

== Tag Cap'n ==
Midshipman Dr. Nairut appeared on the Bridge. She appeared out of breath, as if she'd been rushing. She had been.

"Apologies for my tardiness. I got lost," she said, quietly taking out her tricorder to scan for injuries as they appeared.

"Captain is ok," she reported, "As far as I know. I was sent to see if anyone was reporting any injuries from the initial impact?"

A couple of people looked shaken, but otherwise OK.

She took a seat to wait-yellow alerts meant that there would likely be more injuries, if not worse.
The probe began to send information back to the ship, as did the ship sensors but those were not seen by Samik. "Ensign, are you seeing this?"

"I advise we go to Yellow Alert Captain." Ameen spoke softly to Jane. "We are approaching an unknow phenomena, and maybe this is the engineer in me speaking, but I have an uneasy feeling about this..."

"Captain!" Amila blurted out. "Sensors are picking up chroniton radiation. Particles are increasing rapidly, we might want to think about getting out of here -- slowly. Going to warp could be dangerous." Amila's eyes darted across the holographic screen being projected out in front of her as she ran the calculations again. "The chroniton particles are doubling every thirty seconds. This could be building towards a temporal event." Amila delivered the news with urgency, her eyes still focusing on the data in front of her, as she continued to scan for new information.

== Tag Everyone ==
The anomaly seemed to have gotten bigger from their original data reports.

Samik reported no warp trails, she was going to ask if they had started the sweep for cloaked ships but Ameen spoke.

"I advise we go to Yellow Alert Captain. We are approaching an unknow phenomena, and maybe this is the engineer in me speaking, but I have an uneasy feeling about this..."

"Agreed." She was about to announce yellow alert when the probe data caught her attention...

"Captain!" Ra'an blurted out. "Sensors are picking up chroniton radiation. Particles are increasing rapidly, we might want to think about getting out of here -- slowly. Going to warp could be dangerous."

Oh sh**!

Jane knew very well what these readings meant and the science station confirmed it...

"The chroniton particles are doubling every thirty seconds. This could be building towards a temporal event." Ra'an added.

"RED ALERT!" The captain shouted.
After the Captain called red alert the bridge lighting dimmed and it was bathed in emergency red light; the klaxons sounded ominously and each console flashed red. Shields and weapons were brought fully online. Security would automatically go into General Quarters 2. The ship was ready for battle.

There was a pause of a few seconds as the officers continued to watch the data coming in from sensors and the probe, though it might have seemed like minutes. Then the probe stopped transmitting information because it appeared to simply no longer exist in this universe.

Shortly afterwards there was a particularly intense burst of energy on sensors from the anomaly and it increased in diameter. Out of it a strange vessel appeared. It was of unknown configuration, but had an almost animal like shape with two forward facing and two aft facing arms or paws attached to a curved body. It seemed to be made of gold or was at least golden covered.
"Agreed." The Captain replied and was about to initiate the yellow alert.

"Apologies for my tardiness. I got lost," Nairut said quietly taking out her tricorder "Captain is ok," she reported, "As far as I know. I was sent to see if anyone was reporting any injuries from the initial impact?"

"Hey Doc." Ameen noticed the Midshipman on the bridge. "We are doing ok for now... but I'm curious to see what effect, if any, this anomaly is having on the crew. Use that station over there," He pointed to one of the empty auxiliary stations at the back of the bridge. "... to access the ship's internal sensors, and monitor the crew's life signs from there."

Turning his attention back to the Captain as she was about to respond to his earlier suggestion but Amalia spoke up first.

"Captain!" Ra'an said. "Sensors are picking up chroniton radiation. Particles are increasing rapidly, we might want to think about getting out of here -- slowly. Going to warp could be dangerous."

What the what?!?! I knew something was up...

"The chroniton particles are doubling every thirty seconds. This could be building towards a temporal event." Ra'an added.

It took only a second for the Captain to make up her mind.

"RED ALERT!" She shouted.

The bridge was bathed with the red hue of the highest alert level and the familiar sound that accompanied it.

Taking a step back from his first officer duties, and putting on his Chief Engineer's hat, Ameen brought up the engineering display on his screen to check the ship's status. However, a quick glance was all he was able to afford at this point. His attention, and that of everyone else on the crew, was centered on the view screen as a vessel hatched out of the anomaly...

OK... this just got a lot more interesting... dangerous possibly, but interesting...

"Strange... but from a certain angle, the shape of this ship remind of a pet cat I had as kid... you can see the paws... the arms and legs... the body... no?" Morad said, in an attempt to defuse the tension a bit. 

== GM-Input: How the Titania doing from an engineering point of view? Anything that catches the CE's eyes? Thanks! Smile  ==
ch'Alev was watching the probe data as his finger tips flexed towards the ships defenses as Ra'an said "Captain!" Amila blurted out. "Sensors are picking up chroniton radiation. Particles are increasing rapidly, we might want to think about getting out of here -- slowly. Going to warp could be dangerous."

The CTO would of agreed with the science officer was it that suddenly there was a rapid change in what was going on.

Then the Captain quickly shouted. "RED ALERT!" to which the lighting on the Bridge darkened as the Red Alert klaxon went off.

Shortly afterwards there was a particularly intense burst of energy on sensors from the anomaly and it increased in diameter.
Out of it a strange vessel appeared. It was of unknown configuration, but had an almost animal like shape with two forward facing and two aft facing arms or paws attached to a curved body. It seemed to be made of gold or was at least golden covered.

Keval looked a little bit puzzled at what this actually could be, as the FO seemed to cut the tension.

"Strange... but from a certain angle, the shape of this ship remind of a pet cat I had as kid... you can see the paws... the arms and legs... the body... no?"

Whatever this thing is... I do not like it.

Keval said, "Maybe we should try to send a communication to the vessel or what ever that thing is suppose to be?" his tone gave away a bit of confusion.

"Weapons are also ready Captain if we require them." said the Andorian as they all watched the strange ship.

==Tag all==
Having been on the bridge for some time Shione preferred to keep silent and allow the current team to work. The area they were investigating appeared to have many interesting qualities and the crew proved that they were up to the task.

There appeared to be certain dynamics and the Betazoid in her took note of certain furtive glances and apparent attractions, but that was none of her business, it only served to remind her of how much she missed her wife and daughter.

As the anomaly was reached the tension ramped up and sensing a possible threat Shione sent word to Security to go to yellow and right on schedule two additional Security arrived on the bridge, handed her a phaser and then took their stations.

Also being trained as an Engineer gave Shione some knowledge of ship's systems. The shields and other defensive systems were operating at high efficiency.

The reports from her teams came in and choosing a moment when no one else was speaking she addressed Fields.

"Captain, additional security in all vital areas reports ready."

When the ship went to Red Alert, she sent her #2 a message to arm and ready three heavily armed strike teams  who were then put on alert near transporter rooms such that they could then be transported either outside or within the ship to any area that reported a breach.

No need to speak I'll just send notices to the CO's and FO's station. They don't need another person unnecessarily calling out status reports.

Both Fields and Ameen would see that Security was a red alert and prepared.

==Tags on Bridge and GM Any report of breaches or intruders within the ship?==
Amila was in awe of the ship that had appeared before them. She wondered where it might be from... or when. After the Chief of Security announced that security was ready, Amila spoke up. "Captain, we should consider the possibility that this vessel may not know where or when they are. If they unknowingly jumped through time and space, as far as they are concerned we could be in their territory," she opined.

Of course, there was also the possibility that they did know exactly what they were doing. Amila's mind ran through the possibilities of why they might have come here intentionally.

== TAG Bridge Crew = =
== TAG GM - Are the science stations picking up anything that would be helpful?"
The probe stopped sending information and then the inevitable happened, a widening of the breach. Jane steeled herself for what was about to happen and what did happen was the emergence of a vessel...

She called for the ship to be put on screen.

The appearance was like nothing she had ever seen from any time period now or in the past.

Ameen remarked on how it reminded him of his pet cat.

"It is certainly cat like..." She replied. "...maybe more big cat."

The golden plating was highly unusual and worrying. This ship might have defences they had never encountered before.

Tactical and Security reported in readiness.

"Captain, we should consider the possibility that this vessel may not know where or when they are. If they unknowingly jumped through time and space, as far as they are concerned we could be in their territory," Ra'an offered.

"Let's hope they're friendly... Open communications to the ship..."

Jane spoke a greeting.

"Greetings unknown vessel, this is Captain Jane Fields of the Federation starship Titania. You have appeared suddenly in our space from what appears to be a temporal anomaly. We extend the hand of friendship and state our peaceful intentions towards you. Please identify yourself."

She instructed to the bridge: "Repeat my message on all frequencies and in all known languages."

Now on tenterhooks they had to wait...
== For Ameen ==

All was optimal in Engineering terms, Titania was shipshape and Bristol fashion, which is just as well..."

== Kurasa ==

No intruders or Security issues apparent yet.

== Ra'an ==

The hull plating of the vessel was made of some unknown metallic alloy, there was very little the sensors could penetrate for now. Once the Captain sent our her hail there vessel began to emit a power signature from the central body. This could have been from shields, weapons or even active sensors. Because the vessel was so unusual it was impossible to tell which. After a moment it was clear Titania was being scanned though.

The Captain's hail was not responded to in anything like words but there was a very strangulated ROAR picked up on comms. The vessel then began to move on an intercept course for the ship...
While they were waiting on a response, Amila spoke up, "Initial scans are showing that the hull plating is made of an unknown metal alloy. We haven't been able to get much of anything on our sensors, but shortly after you had your message delivered the began emitting a power signature." Amila shook her head in frustration.

"I'm sending my readings to the others stations, I can't make heads or tails of where it's coming from, Captain. I'm sorry." Amila had a look of defeat on her face, irritated that she couldn't provide more information.

"Wait, we're being scanned." Amila looked up, wide-eyed now, wondering what was next. It seemed to her that the vessel was more technologically advanced than their own. She wondered if they were at their mercy.
All that came back from their hails was something like a roaring sound.

"Can we run an analysis on that?" She asked. "Perhaps there is a message in there that we just don't understand."

When the vessel headed for them on an intercept course it looked very bad indeed.

"Prepare for possible attack! Can we get any tactical information on that ship at all?"

== Tag all ==
While the captain was waiting for tactical input, the alien vessel fired on the Titania with a directed energy weapon. The ship shuddered. Forward shields were penetrated like a knife through butter, causing damage across decks 3, 4 and 5. Forcefields were activated to cover the breaches.

The shields recovered but overall strength went down to 62%.
While the captain was waiting for tactical input, the alien vessel fired on the Titania with a directed energy weapon. The ship shuddered, and damage reports began to stream in to Ameen's station.

This is not good...

"Shields down to 62% Cap'n." Ameen reported. "We have reports of damage across decks 3, 4 and 5. Forefields were activated to cover the breaches and damage control teams are being deployed as we speak... I rerouted auxiliary power to boost our shields, but I don't think we can take more than a couple of hits like this. Judging from the gap in technology level, I doubt our weapons will be very effective against their defences either..."

They are clearly more advanced... possibly from the future... judging how close we are to Ferengi space, maybe a Ferengi ship from the future... certainly the shape and color of it falls in line with their cultural preferences.

"The way I see it, we can either run and try to get a message to Star fleet about this, or we stand and fight."  The first officer paused for a second, then added. "I have a hunch as to who we are dealing with here. If I am right, whoever this is, they wouldn't want to damage this ship too much. In fact, they'd want to keep it as pristine as possible and we maybe able to use that against them. That said, they will keep going until they think they broke our will, and that we fully understand that they have the upper hand in the upcoming negotiations... We can try to hail them again, use your best poker face, and show them that we understand their superiority and stroke their ego... let's see if they will respond with demands instead of firing more at us..."

If nothing else, it may buy us some time if it works...

== GM Input: The ship's status from an engineering point of view. Damage to the ship and the work of the damage control teams that the CE had sent. What will the shields be at after the boost?

Also, as the Titania scans the attacking ship, does anything catches the Engineer's eye? He would be looking for weakness in the design to try and exploit in battle in case the Titania choses to shoot back. Thanks! Smile ==
Shione was at a loss as to what she could do at the present to aid in the tactical standoff with the Alien vessel, however she could better prepare the crew for possible boarding actions.

Rather than send a verbal message, which might act as a distraction; she tapped out a text to her senior staff instructing them to arm all of the crew who were designated to act as Security auxiliary in the event of a boarding, completing her orders with an admonition against any assumption that they had all that much time.

'Act with all speed and disperse the auxiliary crew among our own teams, I will remain on the bridge for now, Kurasa Out'

I guess if I believed in a deity this would be a good time for a prayer, she mused silently, waiting to see how the encounter played out.
Ensign Ra'an listened to the First Officer's assessment of their predicament. She admired his attempt at humor in these tense... perhaps life threatening circumstances, and he'd offered some hope that there wouldn't be immediate destruction. 

While command was assessing the tactical situation Amila could not stop thinking about tachyon particles, but she was frozen in indecision about whether or not to speak up. For an ensign in the science department she felt as if she had likely already spoken out too much on the Bridge today. They were under attack, and she was no tactician, but what if they could send the ship back to where it came from?

Amila took a deep and nervous breath in and before she could change her mind her voice filled the Bridge yet again. "What if we could send them back to where they came from? We'd have to work fast to collect enough tachyon particles before they dissipate, but the readings were off the charts. We just might be able to do it." Amila typed in her console to get a quick read on what sort of time table they might be working with.

==Tag GM, what do Amila's scans show? Enough particles to give it a go? ==

== Also tag to the CO's and CScO to tell her she's on to something or not Smile ==
Powl had been waiting patiently at the helm as the chaos ensued around him. What appeared to be a cyclone of disruption and disorder, was met with an unwavering Vulcan voice. The instance began with a strange ship appearing to produce from nothingness. It did not appear at all familiar. Powl began running an analysis on the alien ship. He had barely engage the program when reports began flooding in from the other stations.

"Can we run an analysis on that?" Captain Fields asked.

"Certainly Captain, I will begin running that signal through the Universal Translator now." Powl input the signal that had been received, but certainly not understood, from the strangely pet shaped alien vessel.

"Captain I am also attempting to do a thorough analysis of this vessel both from an explorer's curiosity perspective and a more tactical one."

On another note, the strange vessel came through what seemed to be a possible temporal event. Not only was the vessel a strange shape, but also color. Gold was not the most chromatically common representation seen in space. Torock had the inclination that there may be a similarity to the style of the Ancient Egyptians from Earth. Powl wondered if there was perhaps a stargate from which the vessel came and could return. Surely, such a device would require massive power, crew, and computer abilities used to map their destinations.

Powl left the mental tangent go. As he did the alien vessel began speeding toward the Titania and the fire a sort of weapon the ripped straight through the shields and causing hull damage in sections 3-5. Given the sudden attack Torock began simultaneously charting an evasion pattern and also an algorithmically quick warp departure.

"Captain, my recommendation is to drop shields. The opposing ship may see that as an act of hostility. But, also they seem to have no effect on any damage prevention against their weapon. Therefore at this time, they are just using energy that may be best spent on other systems.

Standing by on evasive maneuvers and I have a course plotted out for a quick warp speed escape, if necessary. I am waiting on results from the UT analysis and tactical of the alien ship."

==GM: Results of the UT and tactical scans?==
==Also kudos to whomever got the easter egg joke in the post.==
== Since people are struggling a bit and likely suffering from the effects of festive cheer, overeating and/or stressful forced contact with close relatives, I'll offer some tips before further destruction Angel ==

== Ameen, unless I have missed it (let me know), I don't see any posting of actions for Engineering from your character. I recommend posting the arrival of Engineers on the damaged decks or to have someone (your PC or an NRC) access the Engineering systems display on the bridge or in Main Engineering to investigate the extent of the damage and the nature of it (e.g. what type of damage, does that give an indication of the weapon type?) in addition to fixing stuff. It is much more fun if you post from characters taking actions rather than just asking for input on the results of actions Smile  ==

== Kurasa, Security is of course responsible for the safety of personnel on the ship (not merely dealing with hostile boarding) and we have three decks damaged. You have a Security console that can access internal sensors and a large team of personnel with some on all decks. Use them to find out what is happening and what help is needed to save lives. ==

== Ra'an, I like it! If can you provide a little more detail on your plan it might just work. There are tacyhons still there. ==
== Powl ==

The universal translator did not produce anything, it seemed there was nothing in the message it could recognise as a language with rules of grammar.

Tactical scans showed that the ship had fired two directed energy beams which came from what looked like the vessel's 'paws'. The energy type was currently unknown and likely consisted of some exotic particles.

The vessel was now turning and may be readying another attack.
What came back from the vessel was nothing like a comprehensible reply and more like an angry animal sound. This thing seemed incredibly alien. She asked herself was it even a manned ship or instead a life-form itself? It looked animal-like yet inorganic. Titania shuddered and it was clear to her from the jolt that shields had been penetrated.

“Evasive manoeuvres!” The Captain shouted to Tactical. “Prepare to return phaser fire but on my command.”

Jane did not want to return fire immediately, this may still be a miscommunication and they could solve it, but they couldn’t just sit there indefinitely while it took potshots at them. 

She steadied herself. "What the hell did it fire at us?"

Powl had suggested dropping shields, which was out of the question now.

The FO reported damage in three decks, forcefields holding but with shield strength down to 62%.

“Get me internal damage and casualty reports now.” She shouted out.

It seemed the enemy had superior technology and they were outmatched unless they were able to find a weakness.

Running was an option but someone had to deal with this situation and Titania was currently all that stood between this vessel and Federation space. There was still an open rift and more of these things might come through.

The FO had a hunch about the ship, but the fact was they had no intelligence on this enemy or indeed if it was first contact with a new species or a temporal event sending through a highly advanced ship from the future.

“Keep sending the hails.” She responded.

Jane did not want to fight this ship. She also did not think running was an option. There had to be a third way...

The Science officer piped up after a pause: "What if we could send them back to where they came from? We'd have to work fast to collect enough tachyon particles before they dissipate, but the readings were off the charts. We just might be able to do it."

Jane wheeled around to face Ra’an. “How can we do that and close the rift?” She asked, looking between the young officer and the CSO for suggestions.

== Tag all ==
“Evasive maneuvers!” The Captain shouted to Tactical. “Prepare to return phaser fire but on my command. What the hell did it fire at us?”

Ameen, who had been looking at a split screen showing both FO and Engineering systems display took a moment to study the damage.

"Preliminary reports shows that the damage is consistent with energy weapons signature." He replied it was all the information he had so far. "I will analyze the type of damage further... but that's all the information we have so far."

If we live long enough to see the result of that analysis...

Ameen began running a full analysis on the nature incoming damage from the engineering systems display to try and confirm the type of damage and the type of weapon being used. By now, the damage control teams that he had dispatched earlier had arrived on the sites that required their attention. He sent out a request for detailed damage reports and estimation of the repair time to be sent back to his station as well to as to his two very capable ACEs that are currently running Main Engineering.

The helm, Powl, seemed to somewhat agree with Morad's hunch he also suggested that we stand down and lower our shields. However, the Captain seemed more interested in the option presented by the Ra'an to attempt to send them back and close the rift.

That will be very interesting if we can pull it off...

== GM-Input: 
1) The detailed reports Ameen had asked for from the damage control teams. 
2)The result of the damage analysis he had initiated when/if it was completed. 
3) The shield's levels after the Auxiliary power was rerouted to them (repeated from my previous post.) ==
The Captain wheeled around to face Ra'an. "How can we do that and close the rift?" She asked looking at the young science officer and the CSO for answers. 

Ra'an found herself staring at the Captain. She heard Ameen's voice, but it sounded like background noise. Amila brought to attention by the Captain looking to her to solve this immediate problem.

"The quickest way has always been to modulate the deflector array. It can collect a lot of particles, fairly quickly." Ra'an's eyes darted to the tactical station before looking back toward the Captain. "But in a defensive situation like this it may not be worth the risk," she acknowledged nervously. "We've been, Starfleet's been working on using the modulated frequency from the deflector arrays that have worked to collect the particles in the past - sorry not trying to make a joke there - working to find ways to emit the correct frequency from a small enough energy source to attract the particles and then trap them."

"It's just a prototype, but we have one in the lab. We've only been running simulations, but it's meant to operate inside a Class 4 probe." Ra'an looked quickly from Ameen to Fields. "Unless you think we can use the Deflector. Then I just need to do some minor coding. Less than five minutes," Amila said hurriedly. "To make sure the rift is closed we have to send them back to exactly when and where they came from within a .156 margin of error. We need as much information as possible while we collect the tachyon particles." 

Amila thought through the process in her mind. She nodded more confidently, "It's a complex algorithm, but that's all it is. If we get them back to where they belong, and if that's the only time anomaly at play, then the rift should close." 

== Tag Bridge ==
“Evasive manoeuvres!” The Captain shouted to Tactical. “Prepare to return phaser fire but on my command.”

Powls hands and arms leaped into action on the order of the Captain.

"Aye, engaging pattern Delta Captain, standby for phaser lock in 3 seconds," he said.

Powl quickly input the new movement pattern. He intended to cycle through multiple patterns in order to vary the approach. At the very least he could set that and begin attempting to gather information that would allow somewhat of a defense against the alien ship should this encounter prove to be a diplomatically impassable. He set the pattern to alternate between Delta, Omega, and Omicron and random intervals.

"What the hell did it fire at us?"

Powl looked down at his readout and shook his head. The computer might as well have shrugged its shoulders. All that came through was that it was consistent with an energy patter, but none like any in the Star Fleet database.

"Unknown weapon, ma'am. Attempting to identify modulation and weapon type. If I get that information we may be able to modulate and polarize the shields so we can effectively use them against the weapon to mitigate the damage. As it stands, shields are useless. Phaser's are locked on target. I have targeted what appeared to be their weapon system based on the trajectory of the beam that hit us."

==GM Input: Is Powl able to identify any features of the weapon used?==
== Ameen ==

Sections of the damaged decks had lost life support but crew were responding and the affected sectors being evacuated and sealed.  Forcefields were now covering hull breaches and holding. There was damage to plasma conduits and fires were being suppressed. There was much cosmetic destruction. There was some damage to the computer core on deck 4, reducing processing power slightly, and the backup power supply to the computer core was compromised, but no other critical systems had been hit.

Two personnel were missing (presumably vented), four were deceased. There were multiple reports of injuries mainly concentrated on deck 3.

Boosting the shields using auxiliary power led to an increase in shield strength from 62% to 80%. However, using it had exhausted much of the auxiliary power supply, with little left in the event it was needed to compensate for main power failure.

The damaged areas of the ship were radiating muon particles.

== This last point also answers your question Powl ==

The unknown leonine vessel turned and was charging weapons to fire again...
Ra'an's plan involved collecting tacyhons using the deflector or a probe, but it wasn't clear to her how the science officer was proposing to use tacyhons to seal the rift. Jane was aware that borg transwarp conduits could be triggered by tachyon pulses.  She she was sure that it might be possible to seal a rift by emitting antitachyons...

"Are you suggesting we can emit a pulse to close the rift? But do we need to get them back into the rift or are you proposing to reverse time to before they entered our space-time?" She asked, then issuing a response to helm before waiting for the answer from Ra'an...

"Powl, take us on a fly by the rift but be careful to avoid any event horizon."

== Tag all ==
Shione felt truly helpless. If her role aboard involved employing her Engineering training then she could at least be responding to the damage control requests.

She just finished tapping out orders for additional security to report to the damaged areas and assist with crew evacuation, and searches for any further missing crew. She did not order them to report back to her, leaving that to the Officers present.

The bridge crew were working the problem quite well; Powl and Ra'an were quick to respond, while Ameen was his usual calm collected self.

Wanting to at least appear busy, Shione began a search in the ship's data base about any possible encounters with any ship or race that could to any degree match what they were facing.

==GM Any results to her search and apologies for absence==
As requested, the ACE sent Ameen a more detailed reports from the damage control teams, and Ameen found himself busy reading them.

[Sections of the damaged decks had lost life support but crew were responding and the affected sectors being evacuated and sealed.  Forcefields were now covering hull breaches and holding. There was damage to plasma conduits and fires were being suppressed. There was much cosmetic destruction. There was some damage to the computer core on deck 4, reducing processing power slightly, and the backup power supply to the computer core was compromised, but no other critical systems had been hit.]

That's not good...

"Send additional engineers to get that computer system back on line, make it a priority over the hull breaches for now. and seal the bulkheads leading to the breaches. If we lose power I don't want us venting air. Only Engineers working on repairs may have access in and out of these areas, so request security assistance in enforcing that order." Ameen replied via text. 

Then came the casualty report. That was always difficult to read...

[Two personnel were missing (presumably vented), four were deceased. There were multiple reports of injuries mainly concentrated on deck 3.]

"Have the injured report to sickbay. Notify Security about the two MIAs. We will deal deal with the four losses later." Ameen replied.

I'm not looking forward to writing those letters to the next of kin...

After that, Ameen looked at the raw data coming from the scans conducted by the Damage Repair teams.

It seems that the damaged areas of the ship were radiating muon particles... That's very interesting...

"Once the dust has settled, and before warping out of here, make sure to run a level 3 diagnostic of the Dilithium Chamber and look for any Muon particle buildup. I see some traces of it from left by the weapon they used." Morad ordered via text.

Once a confirmation was received, he turned his attention to his second screen. 

Shields are now back up to 80%... good... time to report to the Captain.

"We lost 4 crewmembers ma'am." Ameen declared. "2 more are MIA... security will be notified to begin the standard search. Also a number of injured crew are reporting sickbay mostly from deck 3. Hull breaches are under control, the computer core on deck 4 sustained some damage reduced our processing power slightly and causing the backup power supply to the computer core to be compromised. It's repair is being prioritized. No reports of any damage to the other critical systems... Shields are now up to 80%, we juiced them up with some of our auxiliary power... that should buy us some precious time to see if Ra'an's plan will work. I suggest that we draw power from the other shield arcs to strengthen the arc facing that ship..." He paused for a second before adding. "One more thing worth mentioning; the damage control teams found that the damaged areas of the ship were radiating Muon Particles..."

That's an odd thing in itself... but could help us know the type of weapon they are using...

== Tag ==
"Powl, take us on a fly by the rift but be careful to avoid any event horizon."

"Aye."  Powl began canceling his previous route that had been entered in anticipation of a more drawn out encounter.  This was an encounter in which it would be rather quick.  Either the Titania could adapt to the changes necessary to defend against the now attacking ship, or it would be quickly dispatched.  Given that the shields were completely useless in this endeavor, it was vitally important to be able to at least try to avoid any further weapons damage. 

"Captain I have us programmed on a fly by, I will avoid the event horizon.  However, I am attempting to align the ship our rotation will give me one good opportunity to return fire if necessary."

Powl was executing his flight plan to engage in a flyby to the rift, but also trying to maneuver as much as possible on the way. 

"One more thing worth mentioning; the damage control teams found that the damaged areas of the ship were radiating Muon Particles..."

Torock recognized that particle.  Muon was a subatomic particle that was highly volatile; in the sense that it did not last long as a particle.  Indeed, ionizing material was ultimately what would cause the particle to fade.  Muon particles have a very short lifespan, about 2.2 microseconds, and there might be a way to address that...

I have never seen or heard of a muon weapon, but they were well known particles can be countered.  

"Confirmed on my scanners as well Captain.  We may be able to leverage our defensive ability against the alien vessel if we reconfigure our shields to emit a different energy pattern.  If we change the shields to emit radiative energy instead of gravitons, it may just be able to mitigate their offensive ability.  We can also vent a noble gas to surround the ship to allow the muon particle beam to hit the gas. I recommend Helium, as that is the element that requires the most energy to ionize.  The hull can also be polarized to counter the effects of a muon particle.  One last thing, we may be able to use the deflector dish to create a positive or negative energy field that would absorb the the muon particles.  We would need to know if it is a positive or negative weapon, and then we counter it with the opposite.  Ensign Ra'an, can you confirm?"

Powl returned to look at his readouts.  This flyby will be risky and very close, but the horizon also may interfere with the alien ship's ability to lock weapons.

"Phasers are locked and ready.  We will likely only have the ability to fire once before passing into the flyby of the rift.  I do have one maneuver that is...risky.  This would allow us one more attempt at phasers. But it will likely but a very heavy strain on the ships hull and frame.  I only recommend it as a VERY last resort."

Torock's visage remained unchanged and emotionally flat.  Although there was a large amount of external stimuli, it would appear that the intense therapy and training following the events the precedes his arrival on the Titania had been, for the moment, mitigated.  The hustle of the bridge, and the fast pace necessary to complete missions like this, and the added pressure of scientific discovery amongst great peril were all things he had missed greatly.  It was gratifying to know he was where he belonged again.
Ameen reported that the damage had resulted in casualties on the affected decks. Teams had been dispatched to deal with damage and injuries.

Her stomach turned over. She blinked.

Powl responded on the tactical siutation: “Captain I have us programmed on a fly by, I will avoid the event horizon.  However, I am attempting to align the ship our rotation will give me one good opportunity to return fire if necessary."

“Fire phasers to disable their weapons when you have a lock.” She replied.

The presence of muon particles was unusual and pointed to the energy type being used by the alien vessel. She didn’t know any faction whose ships used such weapons.

Powl had a theory on how they could defend against it: "Confirmed on my scanners as well Captain.  We may be able to leverage our defensive ability against the alien vessel if we reconfigure our shields to emit a different energy pattern.  If we change the shields to emit radiative energy instead of gravitons, it may just be able to mitigate their offensive ability.  We can also vent a noble gas to surround the ship to allow the muon particle beam to hit the gas. I recommend Helium, as that is the element that requires the most energy to ionize.  The hull can also be polarized to counter the effects of a muon particle.  One last thing, we may be able to use the deflector dish to create a positive or negative energy field that would absorb the the muon particles.  We would need to know if it is a positive or negative weapon, and then we counter it with the opposite.  Ensign Ra'an, can you confirm?"

At least they had options, but did they have time was the question.

“How long before we can poilarise the shields? We need to do something and fast.” She asked.

Powl had another suggestion: "Phasers are locked and ready.  We will likely only have the ability to fire once before passing into the flyby of the rift.  I do have one maneuver that is...risky.  This would allow us one more attempt at phasers. But it will likely but a very heavy strain on the ships hull and frame.  I only recommend it as a VERY last resort."

“Noted, Mister Powl.

== Tag all ==
Torock finished giving the Captain his report regarding all of the various options of trying to defend against the new ship.  While Powl remained calm, his forehead began to precipitate.  Physically speaking, his work at his station became more physical since his input required much more activity than before.  

“Fire phasers to disable their weapons when you have a lock.” She replied.

Powl nodded his head, "Aye, Captain.  Executing maneuver now!"

With a few more inputs and holding his hand above the activation button, he thought for just one moment longer.

This maneuver will cause a significant amount of centrifugal force...perhaps the inertial dampeners will need more power to compensate?

Powl turned his head to look at the First Officer Ameen.  "Commander I believe you may wish to increase power to inertial dampeners.  This maneuver and forces of that event horizon may require additional energy to combat the significant strain."

I believe there is a human expression in a situation like this that fits quite adequately.

"Here goes nothing."

Torock didn't look back to see if there was a reaction to his rather out of character moment.  With the end of it, he activated the turning maneuver that would execute the flyby and sneak close to the event horizon.  The should would rotate on its z-axis to allow each phaser arc their own opportunity to hit the source(s) of the weapons used against the Titania.  Upon completion of the firing pattern and flyby, the Titania would sharply turn back toward the enemy ship.  There wouldn't be enough of a turning radius unless the order was given to fly into the only next pattern that would be quite straining on hull, integrity, and frame.  It would work, but the amount of damage it may or may not do was an unknown factor, but it may be necessary to allow the Titania to survive whatever had attacked.  Powl was still scanning to try and identify the hull composition of the enemy ship.  

If I knew what it was made of, maybe I can find a weakness.

“How long before we can polarize the shields? We need to do something and fast.” She asked.

As the ship jolted from the beginning of the flyby, Torock heard her question.

"Polarization of the shields should not take more than a few seconds.  I am estimating about 10 seconds of time in which the shields will be down."

==GM Input: Result of the flyby, phaser fire, and possibly hull composition.==
Noxi arrived on the Bridge just in time to hear the reports. She wasted no time in rushing forward.

"I am here to help the fallen. Anyone else have injuries I need to attend to?" She asked.

She knelt, removing her tricorder from her pocket, and scanned the first person.

==GM input: injuries or casualties?==
Titania returned fire on the weapons of the alien vessel. Phasers did not appear to do any damage whatsoever. It was as if they were firing blanks, so to speak.

Polarisation of the shields was activated just before the enemy ship fired its second barrage and this time shields were holding.

The large vessel began an arc and looked to be readying for another attack.

If they wished to do anything at the rift, now was the time, because out of it began to emerge more vessels. This time multiple small S-shaped craft appeared and flew out in all directions. Within about 5 seconds, six attack craft were circling Titania. Each trained a single energy pulse at Titania, and where they hit it penetrated the shields and damaged the hull before shields could recover again. Shield power dropped to 75%. These small vessels did not appear to be made of the same material as the other ship and looked without shields.