AT/D08 - Medical Complex
#26
Tes reported promptly and without complaint, something that pleased the CMO. Especially since he had clearly been woken up. More than a few doctors weren't as prompt, and she'd have to have words with them. Later. He did look a bit nervous.

And I was no different just a couple years ago. Eager to impress Dr. Tyrol, nervous around any of the veterans, and afraid that they were judging me because of my freaky genes. He'll build confidence, the same as I did. Though sometimes I feel like a fraud.

"I’m ready to help," the Andorian Doctor said, obviously still trying to get himself truly awake. 

"Good deal. OK, I don't know what's going on yet and we're still waiting for word from the Bridge, but we've got a world that sent out a distress call. Starvation and drought, it looks like." The purple-eyed Augment motioned him over to a monitor station.

"I'm going to need you to be my gopher." She laughed musically. "Sorry, it's an old Earth term. It means 'go for.' Go for this, go for that. Handle a team, or direct supplies, whatever needs to be done. I'll make sure the teams understand that you're acting on my orders so they don't give you any lip. I'll also probably have you on the first away team that beams down so we can assess the situation."

"We can pull up information here." She pointed to one of several wall-mounted screens above. "I had those installed so we could keep track of ship course and speed and get real-time information from the Bridge." Another laugh. "Got sick of only finding out about the latest crisis when the ship started shaking and we went to Red Alert. Nobody tells Sickbay anything." 

The information from Commander Miller's Science station popped up on the monitor station. A Class-M world, mostly dry, with 55% water coverage. One settlement, colony sized. Robin looked a bit relieved. 

"That gives us an idea of what to expect. I was worried it was going to be a job bigger than we could handle. Federation starships do disaster relief, but we're one ship. If there are millions of people there's only so much we can do to help." She shrugged. "So now we wait. Grab yourself a cup of coffee if you want. We should be in orbit soon."

== Tag Tes ==
Reply


Messages In This Thread
AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Tyra Crawford - 05-22-2026, 02:11 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 05-26-2026, 10:14 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 05-30-2026, 10:28 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 06-06-2026, 02:00 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 06-10-2026, 12:46 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 06-17-2026, 01:31 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 06-24-2026, 01:15 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-05-2026, 12:55 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-17-2026, 02:49 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 08-04-2026, 09:59 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Mara Calleja - 09-19-2026, 12:34 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 09-23-2026, 12:31 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 09-23-2026, 01:09 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by GM-02 - 09-25-2026, 10:43 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 09-25-2026, 11:54 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 10-01-2026, 12:28 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 10-01-2026, 12:53 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Mara Calleja - 10-02-2026, 09:58 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)