09-23-2026, 10:35 PM
Ris' antennae curled in slightly, accompanying a slight furrowing of his brows as the results of a quick analysis of his plan popped up on his screen.
"Well, I can see a slight downside to the EM barrage mucking with everyone's sensors, including friendlies," he observed. "There's an age-old maxim that 'Friendly fire isn't.' Still, at this point, the Cardassians not being able to target clearly may work in our favor more than against it."
He canted his neck to speak over his shoulder to Captain Brooks.
"Captain, I can reconfigure a swarm of Class I probes that we can release to begin a broad-spectrum barrage sensor jamming. They would be on random, rotating frequencies to make it highly improbable they would be free of any jamming for more than a second or two. The downside is that it would impact all vessels in the area, including friendlies, though that may be more boon than bane to us." A brief, thoughtful pause. "In fact, given the advantage the Cardassians have in both firepower and defenses, such a loss of IFF capabilities would hamper them far more than us."
Turning to look at Lieutenant JG Coppola, he continued, "Perhaps we could follow up the Yeager's ploy of dumping some mines in the path of the Cardassians ships, which could seriously damage the Hidekis, if nothing else. I'm going to see if I can get a better read on what portions of the EM spectrum would be most effective, and what frequencies, as well."
With that, his fingers moved swiftly, and with slightly more confidence, directing the Aquila's sensors to get a detailed look at their foes' sensors. He hoped to gather information that would give the plan higher effectivity.
== Tag Brooks, Coppola, Bridge ==
== Request GM input: looking for anoy information on the Cardassians' sensors that might aid this ploy in any way ==
"Well, I can see a slight downside to the EM barrage mucking with everyone's sensors, including friendlies," he observed. "There's an age-old maxim that 'Friendly fire isn't.' Still, at this point, the Cardassians not being able to target clearly may work in our favor more than against it."
He canted his neck to speak over his shoulder to Captain Brooks.
"Captain, I can reconfigure a swarm of Class I probes that we can release to begin a broad-spectrum barrage sensor jamming. They would be on random, rotating frequencies to make it highly improbable they would be free of any jamming for more than a second or two. The downside is that it would impact all vessels in the area, including friendlies, though that may be more boon than bane to us." A brief, thoughtful pause. "In fact, given the advantage the Cardassians have in both firepower and defenses, such a loss of IFF capabilities would hamper them far more than us."
Turning to look at Lieutenant JG Coppola, he continued, "Perhaps we could follow up the Yeager's ploy of dumping some mines in the path of the Cardassians ships, which could seriously damage the Hidekis, if nothing else. I'm going to see if I can get a better read on what portions of the EM spectrum would be most effective, and what frequencies, as well."
With that, his fingers moved swiftly, and with slightly more confidence, directing the Aquila's sensors to get a detailed look at their foes' sensors. He hoped to gather information that would give the plan higher effectivity.
== Tag Brooks, Coppola, Bridge ==
== Request GM input: looking for anoy information on the Cardassians' sensors that might aid this ploy in any way ==
