09-19-2026, 04:01 AM
Lieutenant Young asked him directly, "Do you have something in mind to turn the tide? Or was there something you were working on that you can continue here?"
"To answer your last question first, no, I hadn't had any time to work on anything fully, just some idea about utilizing probes to interfere with sensors. Given what we've just witnessed and the way things are unfolding-" Ris was actively engaging various icons on his console as he responded, "-we can possibly combine that with throwing out a large barrage of EM noise. It's not sophisticated, and definitely not cutting edge tech, but, sometimes the old stuff fades from knowledge long enough to be effective again."
He finished manipulating the display on his console and directed her attention to it.
"Single source barrage jamming isn't likely to be effective, and even if it is, it wouldn't be for long. I suggest we spew out a bunch of Class I probes, all designed to broadcast random EM junk in a completely random pattern. It will likely, to borrow a bit of slang from a classmate at the Academy, 'banjax' sensors for all in the immediate area, but, I think that helps us more than hinders us."
He sent the plan to Talion's console for approval, knowing they had no time for second-guessing or refinements.
== GM Input: how quickly can this plan be implemented, including the rudimentary programming of the EM broadcasting cycling? ==
== Tag Talion, Young, Bridge Crew ==
"To answer your last question first, no, I hadn't had any time to work on anything fully, just some idea about utilizing probes to interfere with sensors. Given what we've just witnessed and the way things are unfolding-" Ris was actively engaging various icons on his console as he responded, "-we can possibly combine that with throwing out a large barrage of EM noise. It's not sophisticated, and definitely not cutting edge tech, but, sometimes the old stuff fades from knowledge long enough to be effective again."
He finished manipulating the display on his console and directed her attention to it.
"Single source barrage jamming isn't likely to be effective, and even if it is, it wouldn't be for long. I suggest we spew out a bunch of Class I probes, all designed to broadcast random EM junk in a completely random pattern. It will likely, to borrow a bit of slang from a classmate at the Academy, 'banjax' sensors for all in the immediate area, but, I think that helps us more than hinders us."
He sent the plan to Talion's console for approval, knowing they had no time for second-guessing or refinements.
== GM Input: how quickly can this plan be implemented, including the rudimentary programming of the EM broadcasting cycling? ==
== Tag Talion, Young, Bridge Crew ==
