09-14-2026, 06:36 PM
Carley watched as the Captain was asking questions, this was the first time that Carley seen anything like this. It didn't take too long before he joined her, she wasn't really sure how he would handle the transition. Getting climitized to the first crew was hard, the second crew could be even harder.
"I appreciate your warm welcome, Lieutenant. I don't know that I would classify the journey here as 'pleasant', but, it was necessary. I'm just glad Captain Braggins entrusted me with it, although it's not like she had a lot of young, superfluous officers fresh out of the Academy to choose from." He tried his best to not sound bitter about it. Logically, it completely made sense. A slow inhale helped him re-center his emotional state, even as he murmured a Vulcan meditation mantra under his breath.
"If there's any information that can be of assistance to you or the crew, I'm happy to share it. There's no point in being miserly with information."
There was a lot of things that Carley wanted to talk about, some of them were mission related so she was going to limit her inquires to just that. There could be something that he was working on before leaving, it might be helpful. Then came the what turned out to be a tragic turn of events, the ship was destroyed before anything could even get started. Following orders to follow them in, Carley could see how lucky they were. If they turned their sights on the Aquila they wouldn't stand a chance, the weapon was that powerful. Carley thought there had to be someway to stop them, the question was how to turn their strength to weakness.
Carley seen him go to work coming up with the answer to that question. "Do you have something in mind to turn the tide? Or was there something you were working on that you can continue here?" Carley asked knowing there could be several answers to the same question.
==Tag==
"I appreciate your warm welcome, Lieutenant. I don't know that I would classify the journey here as 'pleasant', but, it was necessary. I'm just glad Captain Braggins entrusted me with it, although it's not like she had a lot of young, superfluous officers fresh out of the Academy to choose from." He tried his best to not sound bitter about it. Logically, it completely made sense. A slow inhale helped him re-center his emotional state, even as he murmured a Vulcan meditation mantra under his breath.
"If there's any information that can be of assistance to you or the crew, I'm happy to share it. There's no point in being miserly with information."
There was a lot of things that Carley wanted to talk about, some of them were mission related so she was going to limit her inquires to just that. There could be something that he was working on before leaving, it might be helpful. Then came the what turned out to be a tragic turn of events, the ship was destroyed before anything could even get started. Following orders to follow them in, Carley could see how lucky they were. If they turned their sights on the Aquila they wouldn't stand a chance, the weapon was that powerful. Carley thought there had to be someway to stop them, the question was how to turn their strength to weakness.
Carley seen him go to work coming up with the answer to that question. "Do you have something in mind to turn the tide? Or was there something you were working on that you can continue here?" Carley asked knowing there could be several answers to the same question.
==Tag==
