08-31-2026, 04:23 PM
After giving Qab'ataar his 'best guess', Flint turned back to his thoughts of surfing the ship, but the Andorian officer spoke again. Seemingly spouting some form of poetry.
This had the instant effect of making Flint stop mid thought. It looked from the outside like his internal GPU had frozen while he processed the words. After a second, he just replied; “Yes, Sir.”
Neither poetry or praise were mediums he was used to.
The thing was, he wasn't sure but, it was that mental reset that made him suddenly rethink his initial ideas in attempting to navigate away from the on coming convoy.
Why had he assumed they were travelling at warp speed?
Impulse drives still produced a physical wave front, but not in the same way a warp drive would. Nowhere near as strong, and not spreading outward in a way which Flint had initially hoped he could utilize.
How the hell do I fly a ship if I can't use any form of propulsion? He wanted to shout.
He genuinely, given all the restrictions put on them, could not for the life of him think how to do it.
He turned back to face the Captain. “Ma'am. Unless they for some damn reason suddenly decide to empty their waste tanks right here and now enabling us to float away with their garbage. I have no way I can manoeuvrer this ship this close to them without being detected.”
He wasn't being intentionally insubordinate. He'd finally run out of plausible sounding ideas to pull out of his ass.
== Tag all ==
This had the instant effect of making Flint stop mid thought. It looked from the outside like his internal GPU had frozen while he processed the words. After a second, he just replied; “Yes, Sir.”
Neither poetry or praise were mediums he was used to.
The thing was, he wasn't sure but, it was that mental reset that made him suddenly rethink his initial ideas in attempting to navigate away from the on coming convoy.
Why had he assumed they were travelling at warp speed?
Impulse drives still produced a physical wave front, but not in the same way a warp drive would. Nowhere near as strong, and not spreading outward in a way which Flint had initially hoped he could utilize.
How the hell do I fly a ship if I can't use any form of propulsion? He wanted to shout.
He genuinely, given all the restrictions put on them, could not for the life of him think how to do it.
He turned back to face the Captain. “Ma'am. Unless they for some damn reason suddenly decide to empty their waste tanks right here and now enabling us to float away with their garbage. I have no way I can manoeuvrer this ship this close to them without being detected.”
He wasn't being intentionally insubordinate. He'd finally run out of plausible sounding ideas to pull out of his ass.
== Tag all ==
