08-26-2026, 02:44 AM
=
|
ZE/D03 - Sickbay
|
|
08-26-2026, 02:44 AM
=
09-01-2026, 06:20 PM
<<<< Bridge<<<
Entering Sickbay Evie didn't waste any time, the Yellow alert was flashing in some areas but not all on mute. There were certain sounds that didn't belong in a safe place like this, and that was one of them. As she walked in a nurse handed her the Lab coat, on the collar there was a pair of Caduceus at the bottom of them was a four leaf clover. When it hits the fan people would prefer to see a Doctor than Officer, there was a long list of cause and effect. One of her standing orders was when Yellow Alert was called, all staff were to report to Sickbay right away. Taking the center of the room Evie gave the signal to pay attention. "Alright Staff this is the situation that we are looking at, right now we have nothing but time. Soon we are going to look back at this with fond nostalgia, soon we are going to be so busy we are all going to be dead on our feet." That sure beats them being dead off theirs. "We are going into combat witch means wounded, and lots of them. Ten Forward is going to be our Secondary treatment area, only the most severe of cases get to be here." Evie stopped for a second. "Now I know this should go without saying, it doesn't matter what the person is just what kind of treatment they require. We will worry about the rest after the patient is out of danger, Security can handle it if required." Evie let it sink in a little. "Now a list of everything we need Plasma is number one, followed by Saline Solution. I want enough bandages and gauze to almost wrap this ship in it, I know what equipment that we have but we can't always depend on it in a situation like this. We can use the Holodecks in a pinch but not for anything serious, we might not have the power to sustain such a drain in power. When I am in the operating room I want the equipment set up for the next patient, I just want to grab and go." Evie knew at one point her clothes were going to be more red than her hair. "Nurse Dawes will place you in groups for rest periods, it won't be much time but it will help in the long run. I have no idea how long this is going to be, just that at the end all of us are going to need rest. We will set my office up for it, cots will be available sleep while you can they depend on us. Unless there are any questions I am going to be in my office, Nurse Dawes you are with me for further instructions." Again Evie didn't waste too much time heading directly into her office. ==Tag==
09-11-2026, 05:18 PM
Even with most of the crew having time off, there were a few that stuck around to give a hand. For people coming into Sickbay there wasn't that much, a few minor procedures sending them on their way. Other than that the work in her office wasn't that big either, the furniture there was replaced by cots, for the mandatory resting periods. The other items that Evie wanted were more for just in case, they had no idea really what they were getting into.
By the time everything was done in Sickbay everything was going to run as smooth as possible, the Doctors wouldn't need much time to swap out their scrubs for another in only a few seconds. Before they even started the current operation the new scrubs would be made available. Nonmatter how nervous Evie would be at this minute, getting everything ready kept her busy enough not to think of it. She was going to rely on her staff, hopefully they could stay sharp through the whole thing. ==Tag anyone?==
09-15-2026, 01:17 AM
== Security Midshipman Jack Riscoe ==
Jack, running all the way from the Security Armory to Sickbay, burst through the doorway seconds after the door began to open, wearing his standard phasar sidearm, and stop abruptly in front of the red haired female, assuming that she was the CMO of whom he had only heard about, but no seen nor met as yet. "Midshipman Riscoe reporting Ma'am! I have been assigned to sickbay for the duration of the Yellow Alert." announced Jack. "Where would you like me to take up station, Lieutenant?" said the newly commissioned, straight out of the academy (green) Security Officer, who was just too eager to please. "I could stand by the main entrance and check everyone who comes in?" Suddenly, his eager expression change to a warey, I'm not sure look, realising he hadn't check the person he was talking too. He changed course quickly and seamlessly and with an attempt at a security officer's authoritarian voice, stating, "You ARE Lt O'Fee, Chief Medical Officer, are you not? ==Tag the Lt in sickbay whom Jack is speaking too.==
09-15-2026, 09:56 PM
With Yellow alert sounding Evie was assigning tasks for her staff, triage was set up to determine what area the wounded would go to. She knew it was only a matter of time before it went from Yellow to Red, then people would be loosing their minds. Green was for people that had wounds the nursing staff could handle, Yellow was something doctors were needed, they needed a little more attention but could wait. Red was the most important, it meant they had the express lane to the O.R.
Everything they would need for an emergency was set up before hand making the transition easier, in every area the supplies needed were always close by to avoid a loss of time in any way. Then about to go over plans in her head about the O.R. there was a young Midshipman standing in front of her, it gave her a bit of a startle. "Midshipman Riscoe reporting Ma'am! I have been assigned to sickbay for the duration of the Yellow Alert." announced Jack. "Where would you like me to take up station, Lieutenant?" said the newly commissioned, straight out of the academy (green) Security Officer, who was just too eager to please. "I could stand by the main entrance and check everyone who comes in?" Suddenly, his eager expression change to a warey, I'm not sure look, realising he hadn't check the person he was talking too. He changed course quickly and seamlessly and with an attempt at a security officer's authoritarian voice, stating, "You ARE Lt O'Fee, Chief Medical Officer, are you not? Evie knew that he was new to the ship and didn't know any better. "For the future Mr. Riscoe in here its Doctor O'Fee." Evie kept a pleasant voice. "The Nurses station located not to far from the door will be the perfect space for you." Evie turned her attention to a Nurse. "Please get this man a lab coat." Facing him while the lab coat got to him. "If you are going to wear a firearm in here I would prefer it be concealed until you need to use it, I try to keep everyone calm as possible while in here an open firearm would render those efforts moot." Evie knew the standards Gath had for his department, and didn't want to make things harder than needed. He needed to wear that firearm at all times while in Condition Yellow, the urgency got higher during Red Alert. "Mr. Riscoe I appreciate the situation you are currently in, I hope there is a station in Ten forward our secondary location. That is our Green and Yellow area, both of those are quick treatments that don't require an Operation. Here is Yellow and Red, both of them do. Now at all times I need your head on a swivel, anyone coming in should have a yellow or red tag. Anyone who doesn't have one should be triaged in the fastest time possible. One more thing. If you don't have a really strong stomach, I need you to be replaced. If it takes a lot to make you Squeamish, Welcome by the time this is done your Lab Coat is going to be red as my hair by the time we are done, do you have any questions for me now is the time to ask." She wasn't sure if there was anything more for him to know. ==Tag==
09-17-2026, 12:17 AM
"For the future Mr. Riscoe in here its Doctor O'Fee." Evie kept a pleasant voice. "The Nurses station located not to far from the door will be the perfect space for you."
Midshipman Riscoe turn to look at the location Dr O'Fee had recommended. Dr O'Fee then spoke to a Nurse. "Please get this man a lab coat." Facing him while the lab coat got to him. "If you are going to wear a firearm in here I would prefer it be concealed until you need to use it, I try to keep everyone calm as possible while in here an open firearm would render those efforts moot." "Mr. Riscoe I appreciate the situation you are currently in, I hope there is a station in Ten forward our secondary location. That is our Green and Yellow area, both of those are quick treatments that don't require an Operation. Here is Yellow and Red, both of them do. Now at all times I need your head on a swivel, anyone coming in should have a yellow or red tag. Anyone who doesn't have one should be triaged in the fastest time possible. One more thing. If you don't have a really strong stomach, I need you to be replaced. If it takes a lot to make you Squeamish, Welcome by the time this is done your Lab Coat is going to be red as my hair by the time we are done, do you have any questions for me now is the time to ask." A lab coat? You've gota be joking? "In a lab coat, people may think I'm medical and that could cause problems too. Anyone with any sort of nose, will see the bulge in the coat and know I'm carry a weapon, But, as you please, Doctor O'Fee!" Jack paused for a moment. "My dad was a butch, so I've see my fair share of blood. I should be right on that score, Doc. I'll check with 'security central', (a name Jack had give to the security department on deck four), and make sure someone is assigned to Ten Forward. Thanks for the run down Doc." Midshipman Riscoe slowly turned, putting the white lab coat on over his uniform and the holstered phaser, which made a buldge in the coat, began to move toward the nurse's station near the main entrance of Sickbay. Jack tap his comms badge "Riscoe to Ens Baldwin, Sickbay has a secondary location for minor injuries in Ten Forward. Security should be placed there as well." [Understood. Will do!] came the immediate reply. ==Tag the Doc==
09-17-2026, 07:57 AM
==Sorry previous post should have had a title==
==Security Midshipman Jack Riscoe==
09-17-2026, 11:29 AM
Charlotte handed the coat to the over excitable midshipman from security. She had also dragged over a bar height anti-gravity stool.
"You should quickly learn that no Sickbay staff ever wants security around hear bearing arms unless someone is activity trying to break our doors down," she offered with some sympathy. "I know you have a job to do, but the ship isn't on fire, and if there are intruder's we'll get a special alert down here, and the examination areas in the back go on lock-down, and we'll have you help keep triage secure," Charlotte explained coolly. "The nurses in trial are all emergency trained, we need to be able to move fast, so your job is going to be able to stay out of our way." "Do you have any first aid or field medicine training," Charlotte asked the security officer. ==Tag Riscoe==
09-17-2026, 04:35 PM
Evie was happy with his answer being a Butcher there is a lot of blood, being the son of one you would see a lot as well. She was even happy with the concession he gave her, putting on the lab coat.
"In a lab coat, people may think I'm medical and that could cause problems too. Anyone with any sort of nose, will see the bulge in the coat and know I'm carry a weapon, But, as you please, Doctor O'Fee!" Jack paused for a moment. "My dad was a butch, so I've see my fair share of blood. I should be right on that score, Doc. I'll check with 'security central', (a name Jack had give to the security department on deck four), and make sure someone is assigned to Ten Forward. Thanks for the run down Doc." There was one fact that he didn't take into account. "No problem I believe people should know what they are getting into beforehand, this place is going to be a mess. Most people in here are going to be unconscious or in so much pain they wish they were too, they wont really notice the bulge." Evie had a thought about his part in this. "Believe it or not staying calm in a place like this does carry some healing power, it gives them reassurance that goes a long way in healing." She could go on for a long time about how a calming force goes a long way into healing, it really gives people something different to focus in on other then the pain. "One other thing you should be aware of, I turned my office into a rest area. My staff is on rotating rest periods if you need to go in there for a little while please feel free, it is also the place for eating and drinking if you should feel the need." This could eliminate a lot of problems, a well intentioned sharing of food and or drink could lead to bigger problems. Food Bacteria leaking into the stomach could lead to a life threatening condition called peritonitis, a fate that's worse than just being shot. "As you can imagine that when this hits the fan I will be running a pretty tight station, I wont have much more than a few seconds before the next operation. Every now and again you might need to assist my staff, they will let you know what might be needed." A lot of times freeing their hands to tend to a wound makes the process faster, the faster it is dealt with the higher the success rate would be. ==Tag==
09-18-2026, 04:08 AM
== NRC - Security Mid Jack Riscoe ==
Dr O'Fee continue, "No problem I believe people should know what they are getting into beforehand, this place is going to be a mess. Most people in here are going to be unconscious or in so much pain they wish they were too; they won’t really notice the bulge." Evie had a thought about his part in this. "Believe it or not staying calm in a place like this does carry some healing power, it gives them reassurance that goes a long way in healing." She could go on for a long time about how a calming force goes a long way into healing, it really gives people something different to focus in on other than the pain. "One other thing you should be aware of, I turned my office into a rest area. My staff is on rotating rest periods if you need to go in there for a little while please feel free, it is also the place for eating and drinking if you should feel the need." This could eliminate a lot of problems, a well-intentioned sharing of food and or drink could lead to bigger problems. Food Bacteria leaking into the stomach could lead to a life-threatening condition called peritonitis, a fate that's worse than just being shot. It's cool Doc, I understand. Security are train to be cool under pressure. "As you can imagine that when this hits the fan I will be running a pretty tight station, I won’t have much more than a few seconds before the next operation. Every now and again you might need to assist my staff, they will let you know what might be needed." A lot of times freeing their hands to tend to a wound makes the process faster, the faster it is dealt with the higher the success rate would be. Jack had the lab coat from Nurse Dawes. She began to explain how Sickbay staff don't like people baring weapons in Sickbay, unless it is... Jack interpreted Absolutely ...needed! "I know you have a job to do, but the ship isn't on fire, and if there are intruder's we'll get a special alert down here..." Jack's mind drifted for a fraction of a second, Nurse Dawes is somewhat attractive for a middle aged woman, and immediately he shook himself internally to reconcentrate on the one way conversation. "... examination areas in the back go on lock-down, and we'll have you help keep triage secure. The nurses in trial are all emergency trained, we need to be able to move fast, so your job is ... stay out of our way." She's a bit cold "I understand Nurse Dawes," Jack said, "I stay out of the way! And only help when it is absolutely necessary or when asked. Is that correct, honey... er I mean Nurse Dawes? Sometimes Jack could be very, very annoying and on occasions condescending. == Ens. Baldwin enters Sickbay on her rounds .== Unnoticed by Jack, Ens. Ava Baldwin had entered Sickbay on her rounds checking on security staff. Hearing Mid Riscoe speaking to the nurse she was perturbed. Ava immediately address the Midshipman. Midshipman Riscoe, you do not use 'Honey' to address any officer! You will immediately apologies to Nurse Dawes. You will speak respectfully to all personnel aboard this ship. If I hear of one more incident like this you will be on a charge of insubordination. Do I make myself clear!" asked Ens. Baldwin. Humans rarely if ever hear a Vulcan raise their tone or voice, but, then, Ens. Baldwin was not the normal Vulcan. Jack turn with sullen face to Nurse Dawes, "Nurse Dawes, I apologies for addressing you as 'Honey'. I will not do it again. I sincerely did not mean to disrespect you and I apologies for any hurt I have caused you." "Good! Don't let it happen again, Midshipman," Ava replied, satisfied by the apology Jack gave and left it to Nurse Dawes to respond if she wished. " Dr O'Fee, Nurse Dawes, I'll be on the bridge if there are any further incidents you would like to report." Ava said and turn to leave the suitably chastised Midshipman to the care of his new masters. A wry smile moved across Ava's lips as she left Sickbay for the Bridge. >> Bridge >>
09-18-2026, 07:03 PM
" Dr O'Fee, Nurse Dawes, I'll be on the bridge if there are any further incidents you would like to report." Ava said and turn to leave the suitably chastised Midshipman to the care of his new masters. A wry smile moved across Ava's lips as she left Sickbay for the Bridge. Being in the pub for so long Evie heard that word a lot, usually with a swat to the bottom. With that action there was no doubting intent, he didn't do that but still objectified her staff. This wasn't the first time it happened, and overthought she meant well Evie handled it wrong.
There was something that Evie wanted to say about the Honey remark, Ensign Baldwin Baldwin covered it pretty good. There wasn't much need for anything more, it would just be overkill. "That about covers that." Evie had a calm tone. "If Nurse Dawes here wants further action I will have no other choice." At this time Evie felt like a simple correction was all that was needed, it was far from the worst she seen there but it didn't matter. If anything was to come of it Evie knew would happen after the dust settles, moving on there was one more item on the agenda. "Now I have given you everything needed to be known about Sickbay, my Right hand Nurse has given you hers." Evie had a lot of respect for Charlotte Sickbay ran so smoothly because of her efforts. "Now as Security is there anything you need to cover with us?" This was a two way street when it came to a partnership, both were there to keep the crew safe he should have some requests as well. ==Tag==
09-18-2026, 10:18 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2026, 10:21 PM by Ava Baldwin.)
== NRC - Security Midshipman Jack Riscoe ==
Mid Jack Riscoe was looking very sheepish after the dressing down by Ens Baldwin. "That about covers that." Dr O'Fee said in a calm tone. "If Nurse Dawes here wants further action I will have no other choice." Dr O'Fee continued almost immediately, "Now I have given you everything needed to be known about Sickbay, my Right Hand Nurse has given you hers." Evie had a lot of respect for Charlotte. Sickbay ran so smoothly because of her efforts. "Now as Security is there anything you need to cover with us?" "Doc O'Fee, Nurse Dawes, thankyou for your briefing it was very helpful. I don't have any question as yet. I will go to my station now and try to be helpful, with you permission, of course?" I always seem to be putting my big foot in my mouth. Especially when Ens. Baldwin turns up. These medical officers have been very kind to let me off so easy. I thought for a moment I'd be scrubbing down the medical bay with a nail brush? Jack waited for permission to be given and then made his way to his recommended station.
09-19-2026, 06:28 PM
There wasn't anything that Evie wanted to go over with him, he already had all the information needed. Evie knew it was about time to get ready. "Granted." Evie said before she went to get ready. "Just don't beat yourself up about this, we are going to be too busy for that."
Evie blieved actions were better than words, he can be a great asset in Sickbay. By having him there Evie could fully focus on the wounded, as they should be her top priority. "Charlotte unless there is something you want to add?" Evie asked before getting ready. "Lets light up the open sign." Evie knew there was no sign, it was a joke meant for at most a chuckel. ==Tag==
09-26-2026, 01:17 PM
Charlotte never got too worked over people like Riscoe. One wouldn't make it very long as a trauma nurse if they did. She simply shrugged the attention the comment was getting with a laugh and went back to setting up Sickbay for a potential influx of injuries.
It was not long at all before the deck beneath her feet rumbled and power in Sickbay flickered briefly. "Computer, Casualty report," Charlotte ordered, as she braced herself against a wall in case the ship were to take another hit. As the numbers rolled in, Charlotted pulled up the details on the nearest LCARS screen. There wasn't anything that could be done about those that were instantly killed. Engineering was the hardest hit, but also a dangerous area to approach. She'd go herself. "Officer Jayne, grab a medical kit, we are going to Engineering for casualties," she ordered. "Ensign Reynolds, hold the fort down here until Dr. O'Fee gets back." Charlotte grabbed two different types of medical kits herseld, tapping her commbadge as she slung one over her back. [Dawes to Dr. O'Fee, I'm taking Petty Officer Jayne to Engineering. Reynolds has Sickbay for now.] ==Optional tag Riscoe== >>> Engineering >>>
09-30-2026, 05:44 AM
It was known that Red Alert had sounded but the alarm but limited to the lights in Sickbay, the sound was muted for the purposes of keeping things calm. Or at least the closest thing to it as possible, there were only two kinds of people that were going to walk through those doors. In the yellow zone were people who could wait, and in the Red people who couldn't wait for surgery.
Evie enjoyed how her staff was handling Triage, Charlotte was making sure that patients got here safely. It just went to show how dedicated she was, now it was up to Evie to give it her best. The O.R. was filled with people who needed a little more than bone reset, there was a lot of tissue damage due to the break. They were mostly quick jobs, sometimes there were also burns to take care of. Going between patients all she could see was the next one, while Evie was getting ready to treat the next patient she was assessing their needs. This was only round one the minor injuries, round two was going to be a little more severe. This was going to be a long night, Evie wouldn't have much time to rest. Before long Sickbay was going to be filled with people who can't wait, she just needed to stay on her feet long enough. ==Tag - and its Ava on the Bridge.==
09-30-2026, 08:56 PM
Gath walked into Sickbay and stopped. He was carrying a person across his shoulders, in a fireman's carrying. His uniform was relatively unpleasant looking from his efforts, but by the color of it, it wasn't his. The person he was carrying had gone into shock as he arrived and was barely conscious.
When approached, he mentioned the fractured leg, with exposed bone protruding, but that there was no arterial bleeding. The person also had a head wound that appeared superficial, but would require attention and a full scan. He stood still until they instructed him where to carefully put down the injured person. They had been close to the area that had lost inertial dampeners and there was risk of internal injuries. When his eyes met Evie's she could see the worry in them. He carried the person as if they weighed nothing, but was very careful not to make their injuries worse. == Tag Dr. O'Fee...the Medical one...teehee... ==
10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Being in between patients Evie took notice of Gath bringing in a patient, it was not exactly how they traditionally brought in. However there were times when it was needed, if there wasn't enough room. They were not marked with a red nor yellow tag, at this time that didn't matter everyone could get assessed there. Still in her surgical scrubs ready to go into the next surgery, the man going in had a yellow tag.
As Evie approached she could see the worry in Gaths eye. "Who do we have here?" Evie was looking Gath in the eye, she was giving him a reassuring look. "We should have this handsome man up and running shortly." She noticed her staff getting ready to treat him, one gave him a yellow tag with a red stripe. Evie gave him something for the pain, but not enough to put him to sleep. "Just relax you are in good hands here." Evie knew he couldn't really see her smile, but the tone would suggest it. Evie was well aware of the dangers that lurked out there, she was doing her best to maintain her own calm. "Nurse prep O.R. one we are going to need a curtain for this procedure." The man was in shock with a head injury those two reasons Evie didn't want to put the man out, the possible concussion would make it unwise to put him to sleep. Evie was keeping a pleasant tone. "Young man I know you can hear me, the nurses will get you ready for Surgery in a minute." There were a couple of things they needed to do first, his head needed a scan as for his leg Evie knew already. While the O.R. was being prepped Evie needed answers still. "Lieutenant." There was a few things she needed clearing up, it also gave her the opportunity to make sure he was ok. "I need to know if this man lost conscienceless at any point during the trip here, or even before hand." On the surface it would seem like a waste of time, until it was realized she was testing his cognitive abilities. The entire time Evie had her eyes on the patient while she was talking to Gath, if he could see her at all Evie had the calming look. On the surface it looked like his head injury wasn't that severe, however head injuries could be deceptive. Just like shaking a soda, on the surface it looks ok until it explodes after opening. Evie didn't want to make the man talk while the test was going on, and placed her hand in his. Her hand was on the opposite side of where the bleeding of the head was on. "I want you to squeeze my hand if you understand what I am saying, the hardest you can muster. It wasn't going to be long before he was in surgery, she just needed a couple of things cleared up. "Gath." Evie finally said. "I need to know everything if he spoke at all, how clear it was or at all." Every detail Evie could work out would be able to make his treatments easier. Also before he left Gath would need to be checked out by a Nurse, it was procedure for everyone that came in that were not Medical staff to be checked out. ==Tag Gath - also is there anything more to this head injury?==
Gath spoke as they directed him to where they wanted to place the victim. Fortunately, Gath was strong enough to do most of the lifting and the medical staff guided the limbs as needed while he placed them gently onto the surface. When he spoke, it was calm and direct, just another day at the office.
"I didn't see the event and I've not gotten a word from them. All they've done thus far was moan a little, though there was a small amount of blood that came from the mouth that resembled coffee grounds, so that's why I suspected internal bleeding. I had to move them, because the area they were in has been restricted now and those inside were...well, the inertial dampeners failed in the jump maneuver, so you can imagine. This person was in the adjacent accessway, so I presume that there was some dampening, which is what saved them. You should be able to get their name and records from the badge. From memory, I believe her last name is Collins. Pulse was rapid and shallow, eyes unfocused. The head wound bled a little, but not as much as it should, so I think I got to her quickly, because shock was still setting in. I tried to be as gentle as I could, but I couldn't wait for a stretcher. My carry likely didn't do any favors for the suspected broken ribs, but it was carry her or leave her, and I wasn't going to walk away from her. It seemed foolish to try and do any field work on her since I could bring her to you in less time and get her your professional help. From my discovery of her until I walked in took far less time than I've been talking." He finally changed tone a bit and asked, "Is everyone here okay?" Although he sounded like a concerned Security Chief, his shift in tone told Evie he was really asking if she was okay. == Tag Evie... Gath just delivered the pizza, I'll let you decide beyond the general assessment how you want to play it. After all, it is a space soap opera... ==
10-02-2026, 07:53 PM
Listening to the description of what happened, Evie knew he made the right choice. Normally the person would be better off if they were able to do the procedures there, in times like this that would be more than likely to kill her. The recall of what happened with that level of clarity also meant he was in full control mentally, so there was no question he knew exactly what he was doing. Now Evie took a closer look at Collins and there was some familiarization, she was one of those people seen and exchanged pleasantries with but never really knew.
One of the Nurse staff came and was about to take Collins to the O.R. "We are getting her into position, you will be able to operate shortly." Under the circumstances Evie kept her nice smile for everyone around her, Gath knew in general there was something that bothered her. In times like this the one card Evie really hated was solid red, she had a simple system so Evie knew who was the highest priority to lowest. The highest was solid red, if it had a yellow stripe it would mean they needed attention quick but not as fast as a solid. Solid yellow was her favorite that meant they needed attention but can wait, the red stripe gave it a sense of urgency but had time to wait. Before the Nurse took off with her Evie had one last thing to say. "Don't worry Emily you will be able to make fun of how I say biscuits again in a few days." The Nurse took her into O.R. one where everything was waiting for her. "Gath Emily might have a few cracked ribs from this, her weight and your shoulders are not enough for them to break. Even if they were if left there she would be dead before we could safely extract her." There were times that even in any kind of uniform there were times it had to come off, and handle something personal. "Gath my love everyone here is fine, I have enough strength to get through this no matter how long." The longest she gone was thirty six hours on her feet, she was dead off of hers for a little while. That really beat them being dead off theirs permanently, after that Evie really needed to be decontaminated for over an hour. Evie gave him a quick kiss getting on her tiptoes. "I am going to be dead on my feet later, but I will not stop until the last one is safe." Evie turned her head to see the nurse with updated information, it gave Evie cause for concern. "Is this right?" Evie asked with some level of concern. "I am afraid it is Doctor." Gath could see her expression go into a serious mode. "Condition Red authorized, I am not to be disturbed until this procedure is done." Returning her attention to Gath. "I have to run." Getting herself re-sterilized before going into the O.R. "First thing first we need to stabilize her heart beat, we will start by taking care of the smaller fractures and breaks. This will stop the marrow from getting into the blood stream." By taking care of the smaller items, it would stabilize her long enough to take care of the bigger issue. As Evie said earlier her ribs had a few cracks from how she was handled, a few were close to being broken but held together. If the travel was a few minutes more, they would have broken for sure. The marrow in her blood was causing, it would explain a lot of her symptoms, one of them would resemble a big concussion. Evie knew that when this was the case of limited oxygen flow, her red blood cells were not carrying enough to keep her sustained. "Next on our list is taking care of the internal bleeding, protecting the uterus is our secondary concern." Her being pregnant gave Evie cause to make Emily her primary focus, it wasn't going to take more than an hour or two but those were the most important of all. ==Tag - to be continued.==
5 hours ago
Charlotte brought of the rear of those she had enlisted to help in bringing the worst of the wounded - those too badly beaten up to be patched and put back to work, back with her to sickbay where there were more resources. The hair framing her face was drenched in sweat and she smudges of engineering grease and soot on her uniform and hands, not to mention the blood. Though thankfully for now, none of it was hers.
When she walked through the door she handed her medical kit to Riscoe. "We're a little short-handed. Can you get pressure dressings on the worse of the wounds, try to keep people comfortable, and just do your best." ==Tag Jack Riscoe== She barely heard his response as she jogged over to a sterilization station and stripped off her uniform jacket and sonic waves removed any leftover blood and grease from her body as she reached out and grabbed a scrub shirt and hair cap from the panel that had opened up for her. It had taken her less than a second to clock that Evie was prepping for a major procedure, and if she wasn't needed there, then there were plenty of other patients in the triage line. Charlotte quickly pulled on her scrub top and tucked her hair under her cap and rushed up to Evie. "You need me here or somewhere else, Doc?" She asked. Her voice was steady and her breath even, Charlotte was fit and trained for this. However, sweat was already collecting under cap thanks to the fact that the air about the ship wasn't moving as much, minimal resources to non-essential environmental controls. But that also meant that the stagnant hair that felt muggy now would quickly drop a few degrees. Space tended to do that, it wanted to suck the heat and light out of everything that dared enter its depths. ==Tag Evie== |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|