YE/X02 - Crew Discussion
==
It is both different AND Familiar and I guess we all get a chance to explore and enjoy

Thanks for all the hard work
Test to see if I got this set right. Maybe.
(Insert something clever and funny here)
(Adds inspirational quote)
This is your crew recall notice! Subplots need to be ended and everyone aboard ASAP.

Mission brief starts in about a week, at most.
Forsooth! I sayeth unto thee that now 'tis verily the time of Parchements!
Thou art requested to reveal they arcane judgements regarding the performances of thy minions and thyself upon this particular parchement.
(08-16-2023, 04:30 PM)Peter Jensen Wrote: Forsooth! I sayeth unto thee that now 'tis verily the time of Parchements!
Thou art requested to reveal they arcane judgements regarding the performances of thy minions and thyself upon this particular parchement.

*thy
I absolutely cannot share the meme I'm thinking of on these boards, so please click at your own risk. 

Me reading Jensen's post: "What... what word was supposed to be "thy"??"
Also my brain reading: [pictures this meme]
I am not sure how we would do the points w/o access to previous posts

This is NOT a complaint simply an observation
(08-17-2023, 11:15 PM)Maggie Murphy Wrote: I absolutely cannot share the meme I'm thinking of on these boards, so please click at your own risk. 

Me reading Jensen's post: "What... what word was supposed to be "thy"??"
Also my brain reading: [pictures this meme]

"They" Big Grin

Also....what the fudge did I just read clicking that link Confused
It can't be that bad sir surly?
*adds edit* Umm that link was umm ?
I warned you!!!  Tongue
A Vorta beams into the chat,  flanked  by two Jem'Hadar, and clears his throat:

"It is the will of the Founders that all Department Heads on this...." he squints around a bit "...ship....shall record the monthly points upon this device. The consequences of non-compliance will be....severe", he says, discreetly looking at the Jem'Hadar before all three of them beam out again.

== Big Grin ==
Looks at the Vorta before they leave.

"You never said the magic word."
Never thought I'd be taking orders from a Vorta, but have your points.
I didn't think we could afford Jeffrey Combs!
That was the Temu Clone Weyoun. It looks just like a normal Clone Weyoun, but instead of controlling a cadre of Jem'hadar. it just emits a few beeps before it, falls over.
Points are in.
Points and RPGer submitted
Email to CO
Unfortunately, LCdr Kurasa has chosen to depart the Philadelphia for personal reasons. Commander Jensen will be taking up the COS role in addition to his FO role until/unless a replacement is found.

If you know anyone interested in a transfer or a DH role, please encourage them to apply!
Friendly reminder about the 2023 Federation Space Awards! We've only had nine players nominate so far! Make sure to get your nominations in so the people you think deserve them can win those awards!

Details here: https://fed-space.com/forums/showthread....16#pid1016

Nomination window closes at 11:59pm, Site Time, on Friday!
Voting for the 2023 Yearly Awards is now live! Voting runs until Midnight, Site Time, this Friday!

More details here.
Greetings Mortals!

We will be time-skipping ahead to arrival at Parhelia on Saturday! Please try to get any side plots/prep worked out by then!
Post for gm in Astrometric Lab. Thank you.
You don't need to tag me in here; I'm subscribed to all the threads anyway Big Grin

For everyone else, TIMESKIP IMMINENT!
(09-30-2023, 08:06 PM)GM-01 Wrote: You don't need to tag me in here; I'm subscribed to all the threads anyway Big Grin

Umm...
[Image: words1.jpg]

Time Skip?
[Image: clock-watching.gif]

(Can I have purple lining in my coffin please? I say coffin. Tuppaware tub if there's enough left.)
I asked this in my GM input, but I want to ask it in Crew Announcement anyway, so I may expand my question:

The Cardassian page on the wiki has not had its content updated since its creation in 2013. Since in-game, we have out-dated information on Cardassia and its people, do you want me to hold off on updating the page? Not sure why I updated the page for Cardassia Prime and didn't update the page for the Cardassian people, but I am absolutely more than happy to update said page if needed/requested.

Edited to add link to the wiki for ease of access
A man creeps out of a Jeffries tube

"Oh, thank goodness! I'm in the right place, yeah?", he says, confused, then checks his chronometer and audibly lets out a cry of relief.

"Oh, thank goodness", he repeats. "I'm in the right place! It's imperative that every department head on the ship fills out the appropriate information on this slate. The entire future of the Federation depends upon it! I'm not going back! The Borg are everywhere!"

== Points time, everyone! Big Grin ==
Okay the image didn't work. But I'm doing my part.

Engineering points in
Maggie quickly filled out the form, anxiously looking up at the mystery man every handful of seconds. "I'll be done in just a minute," she advised him.

Handing the man the slate back, suspiciously eyeing the still-open Jeffries Tube, Maggie asks simply, "The Borg?" Except it wasn't a simple answer at all. The Borg had been annihilated, reborn, wiped out again, and it seemed just when everyone thought they were safe for a while, the crept back, like cybernetic cockroaches.

"Tactical points are done." She spoke, now feeling nervous. What would happen now?
Flash Fan Fiction competition!

Submit a spooky short story for publication in the next edition of the FNN!

Story must be around 500 words long, Star Trek themed, and match the mood of the month: Halloween!

Any questions, please reply to this thread.

(Prize to be determined later, plus of course, the bragging rights!)

EDIT: Please make that a MINIMUM of 500 words. But please don't also send me something 5,000 words long, lol.
Gotta say I'm really enjoying the Bridge drama you guys have going on right now. I'd suggest there's only one to settle this: an '80s dance contest. The fate of the Philadelphia hinges on who has the funkiest, freshest moves.
(11-15-2023, 11:45 PM)Robin Mayfair Wrote: Gotta say I'm really enjoying the Bridge drama you guys have going on right now. I'd suggest there's only one to settle this: an '80s dance contest. The fate of the Philadelphia hinges on who has the funkiest, freshest moves.

Yes. Except the walls are electrified and every dance, they get closer. And the floor is covered in spikes.
Points time
Points sent.
Points! Fresh off the warp core!
(11-16-2023, 02:40 AM)GM-01 Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 11:45 PM)Robin Mayfair Wrote: Gotta say I'm really enjoying the Bridge drama you guys have going on right now. I'd suggest there's only one to settle this: an '80s dance contest. The fate of the Philadelphia hinges on who has the funkiest, freshest moves.

Yes. Except the walls are electrified and every dance, they get closer. And the floor is covered in spikes.

Spikes that explode when someone touches them no doubt
Friends, People, FedSpacers! Lend me your auditory sensors!

The CO, FO, and I have come to an understanding about how this plot is going to move forward!

It's going to necessitate a time-skip, which I will be performing once the CO has posted.
ALL CREW

Please note my post in Shipwide Announcements. The Philadelphia is currently undergoing an unscheduled evacuation drill. Escape Pod posts should be made in the Other Locations thread.

Every character not staying on the Philadelphia, now is your chance for a discrete getaway Angel
You heard the GM!

Anyone who supports Jenny and is still willing to follow her orders should discretely make their way to the Transporter Room.

Everyone else, find an Escape Pod and hope this really is a drill  Tongue
I have a question... How do those loyal supporters, whoever they may be, know this is maybe a ruse? Was there some kind of magic signal sent to their decoder rings on the QT so they know this may not be a real (ish) drill? That it totally is.
Btw, thanks for the RPG'er, guys! <3 Big Grin
You soooooo deserve it!!!
On 12-9-2023, in PH/X01 - CO Announcements, Jennifer Braggins Wrote:New NRCs

Assuming the players agree, T'Lari will be joining the Tactical Department, Kal-Geal the Medical Department, and Ian Elliot the Engineering Department.

This brings our total number of characters to 11, though we currently remain 8 Rated Characters on the roster.

Hi guys! I just wanted to introduce my Engineering NPC guy... think of him as a Golden Retriever in an Engineering uniform. Tongue  I'm not trying to encroach on your guys' awesomeness in any way, I just thought this would be a fun character to play occasionally. That being said, I think we can have an absolute BLAST posting together!
And I will be the resident voice of calm logic, trying to keep the crew on an even footing. Until someone REALLY ticks me off, in which case I'm likely to assault them.

I'm not a very good Vulcan.
And the third member of this merry band is a warwolf from the KDF. All of you will have to deal with the combat medic at some point, so I'd suggest you brush up on your Klingon and don't forget the doggie treats.
It's beginning to look a lot like points time Big Grin
I suppose it would be inkeeping with our current plotline if I snatched all of those points and ran.

But I won't do that to you. Have your Engineering points.
I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and I hope you all get the best gifts and wishes this year.
Hi everyone!

In case you haven’t heard, FedSpace is restarting its “Word of the Month” friendly competition. Each points cycle, an uncommon word is given, and anyone who wants to participate simply tries to work that word into one of their posts. Once you make a post, you can then submit that post via email to FSContinuity@GMail.com.

In the top right-hand corner of your post, you’ll see a little number, and you can use that to send that URL / link address. (If for some reason that’s not working, just let me know the thread and date, and I’ll do the work for you!)

I’m super excited to see everyone’s creative posts, and share the posts with the administrative team.

This month’s word is “brobdingnagian”, which means “gigantic.” Big Grin
(Oh yeah, and the winner gets 100 points! - and you get 50 points just for your submission!)
Hi crew! Butting in again to let you know about something cool happening on the site!

As reported on in the latest edition of the FNN, we have some pretty cool site-wide subplots coming up! In an effort to bring us closer together, the first Departmental Conferences are happening, starting with Medical.

Anyone who has an active, registered medical character is welcome to post, with of course the reminder that mission posts come first, as this is still a subplot, albeit a super-cool one. Big Grin

This medical conference is based upon the idea that in order to keep your Starfleet Medical license, one must attend at least one major conference every four years. This year’s conference is on the subject of tricorders, and will feature an open bar, as well as celebrity chef “Holly Paulwood.”

So please, if your uniform is blue, feel free to join us in San Francisco!
Forsooth! It verily be the time of points! Thou shalt therefore harken unto this, and submit the points of thyself and thy minions, making use of this parchment.
Science department points are in
(01-16-2024, 07:54 PM)Amaterasu Ichika Wrote: Science department points are in

But you're not a Department Head, or even an Acting Department Head...
Hear ye, hear ye! 'Tis verily the time of points! Thou shalt use this parchment to record thy judgement:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ...g/viewform
(Linking doesn't seem to work on mobile )
Engineering points in
Medical points in.
Sorry to confuse people with my Crew Log post! We're fighting the Cardassians, not the Romulans, lol. Clearly my head's still not screwed on straight. Tongue I've edited the post, but I wanted to make myself clear.
We'll defeat those dastardly Cardulans! And their Romassian allies too!
The Cardulan Star Union and their dastardly spy network, the Obsidian Shiar, cannot stand against us!
For anyone that's having trouble finding the Away Team post (like I just did), it's called 

" PH/E01 - CUV Entara "

Someone go ask the Captain what "E01" means, please... if I ask, I'll just get a long, drawn-out explanation.
E : Exterior location?

D : Deck of the ship.
L : Logs.
X : Out of game.
Apologies for my absence - I've had a nasty cold the last two weeks that's left me without the will to write, lol.

I'm on the mend now and will get back to it shortly!
Don't worry about it.

The real world and your health is more important than the game.
To everyone (but especially those involved in the rescue operation)

I'll be moving us to the Cargo Bay to save the hostages on the 17th, so Sunday, to move us along Smile
The last post was not what I'm talking about, obviously ?
Y'all know what time it is

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ...g/viewform
GM, can I please have reply, before the First Officer has to move us? I have an input request from the 10th. Thank you.
Okay guys; my Bridge post is the last post you'll be getting from me this mission! I'll leave any wrap-up posting to your CO!

This was fun! Maybe less mutinies for your next GM, huh?
(04-06-2024, 02:16 AM)GM-01 Wrote: Maybe less mutinies for your next GM, huh?

*fewer Tongue
(04-06-2024, 04:52 AM)Peter Jensen Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 02:16 AM)GM-01 Wrote: Maybe less mutinies for your next GM, huh?

*fewer Tongue

OOC I'm in love with Jensen, lol
Now the proper wrap-up post has been made!

I am totalling the votes for the ship poll, and it's looking like the Yeager edged it by one vote. When I've checked it over, I'll make an announcement.

Anyone who wants to make wrap-up posts of their own, please feel free. If not, feel free to start posting on the DS9 forum. I'll be archiving and clearing the Philly on Sunday.

Thanks to all who made this mission awesome!
Rejoice, mortals! For the great Cthulhu (Iä! Iä!) has decided to grace you with a boon! He hath in his wisdom allowed all Department Heads of this vessel to record their sacred numbers upon this parchment!

Spurn his gift at your own peril.
We have a new subplot to get people ready for our new toy/ship/home. Please start arriving at this thread.

Whether your character is volunteering for a role, being invited to a role, or being assigned by Starfleet is entirely up to you. Once we've all reported in, we'll have a "commissioning ceremony" (we'll throw a bottle of cheap Vodka at an effigy of an Admiral) and get started on our first mission.
I'll be honest, I still have no idea what I'm expected to do with either of these subplot threads.

I will get back to posting tonight or tomorrow, but it would be wonderful if someone could tell me where in Sto-vo-kor Ktan is supposed to be and to whom he is supposed to be reporting. @_@
If you don’t want to post in the subplot threads (which are voluntary), feel free to just post on the ship as per normal. The mission is due to begin once we’re all aboard and I’ve welcomed our new friends.
An angry Klingon suddenly appears out of thin air in the officer's mess. After the first confusion he starts ranting and you're all fairly certain that the universal translator must be malfunctioning, because whatever he's actually saying sounds like something about his hovercraft being full of eels, which doesn't make much sense in the context.

He starts waving a PADD around exitedly/angrily, though, and keeps pointing to it, tossing it on the nearest table into someone's dinner, points at it again and draws his d'k tahg, holding it up menacingly before he gives everyone a glare...then looks back to the PADD, then back to everyone, maintaining the glare..

(Points time, everyone! Big Grin Pretty please have them done by Saturday so I can do the points on Sunday Big Grin )
"Oh, calm down, brother!" Artemis scoffs, rolling her eyes. "I know my paperwork's due, but you don't have to be such a po Ha'DIbaH about it!"

She scribbles some things down on the PADD, passes it to the next person, then moves out a nearby chair. "Everyone, meet my brother Kaden. Kaden, bIjatlh 'e' yImev."

(Sorry, it was too good not to hijack! LOL)