AQ/D10 - Ten Forward
== Point of order, the people in Sickbay are in a "tomorrow morning" time frame... ==

Talion had hesitated a heartbeat of two, but recovered well, "Hmmm...wild stories. I'm not sure how good of an idea that might be. I don't want to be responsible for anyone losing their grasp on their sanity. No, some things might be best left unknown. Unfortunately, I'm not responsible how some people interpret some briefings or if I might get talkative over drinks. In that case, I doubt that even your resident Counselor and her pets will help much. However, I make a habit of never telling a Captain no in advance, so we'll take this up another time."

As he turned to depart, Shione caught his attention. He gave Xardeen a look over and a sympathetic smile slid onto his face, "Lieutenant Xenara Xardeen, I'm pleased to meet you. An Elaysian? It's been a while since I met one. So, a consultation?" He glanced to Shione and then back to Xenara, "Very well then, I'm intrigued. Just how is it that I might be of service, Miss Xardeen?"

== Tag all around, but especially to Xenara ==
Xenara blinked as she wasn't exactly ready for such a discussion, which she had hoped to perform in a more professional setting, but then remembered that Shione was half Betazoid, the CoS probably either read her thoughts, - which was unlikely given the rules she had to follow - used Vulcan logic, or simply had really good instincts; which is probably how she got to be Chief of Security. 

All in all, a great way to break the ice. 

A first impression made Xenara think Commander Talion was a bit annoyed at the intrusion, but he was professional and kind in his demeanor, so she quickly fired the thought from her mind. 

"Likewise as pleased, Commander," she said. "Although I have to admit, I feel a touch intimidated not having earned my next rank yet." She shrugged as she looked around at the ones with more pips. "I was hoping you had experience with nanotechnology and might want a challenge. I've been considering possible upgrades to my exoskeleton. My frame helps with mobility, but can't fully combat the effects of gravity. At the very least you could get a paper out of me." She teased the last part, but was serious with her request.

She paused, and let the Science Chief take in her request. She was ready for him to look her up and down and notice her frame snaking around the exposed parts of her legs above her boots and below her skirt. Also on the back of her hands. So she stood at a relaxed attention, as well as an Elaysian could anyway.

==Tag Talion==
As Xenara began about rank, Alex's smile widened and he shook his head, "Let's get something out of the way. Unless we're standing in front of the Captain and you feel the need to the formality, my rank shouldn't enter the conversation. If it does, it typically means someone is in trouble. So please, whenever the situation will allow it, call me Alex. If you want to annoy the CMO, Doctor Talion is technically accurate, but Medical hates it when you do that. No, I value competence above labels."

He considered the idea and held out a hand to her, palm up, Gently inviting her to place her hand in his, "If I may?"

== Presuming she lets him examine her wrist and such... ==

Alex looked closely, his big hands gentle as if her were examining an infant. He mumbled, "High resolution, narrow beam, all vectors, full spectrum..." A second later there was a beep from his wrist, but there didn't appear to be anything there.

He released her hand and with a tap of his finger to his forearm, a device materialized there and his expression appeared impressed, "Well, that certainly isn't Star Fleet issue, but someone knew what they were doing." He was looking at the screen of a PADD that was worn on his arm. "I would need to take this up in the lab and we could discuss details in private, but I can work with this. I can certainly give you some field upgrade, but I want to be clear up front, I am not in the business of super soldiers and weapons of great violence. You don't strike me as the soldier type though. The closest I come to that is in training assistance for military actions that are fitting of Security Teams, like Shione might make use of. In your case, I anticipate that you're interested in more mobility and enough power augmentation to at least be able to pass a normal physical training course without injuring yourself, am I right? A tiny bit of reinforcement, a little software upgrade and a little bit of anti-grav assistance might go a long way."

His smile was warm and friendly as he asked, "How am I doing so far?"

He glanced to his device again and said in a low tone, "Give full workup with preliminary simulations for my review." He then tapped it again and it vanished once more. Alex waited for Xenara to respond.

== Tag Xenara and Shione ==
Xenara allowed Alex to examine her and he was very direct, yet personable, taking care not to offend or insult her. He reminded her of Arwen Qi, though Arwen had been a little shy around her, but still confident enough to assert himself when needed. 

She held her PADD down at her other side as she would a book in her other hand, loose, but ready to utilize it if called for. Alex had his own PADD it seemed, able to summon it when needed much like a hologram, but it looked real.

Science gets all the cool toys. But I get to play with guns and torpedos. And fly of course... 

When he gave his preliminary assessment, she smiled. "Thought you might kiss my hand for a minute there," she teased. "I'm no soldier, for sure, nor do I have the aptitude for science like my twin sister or my father, who by the way, was the one who invented my frame. He's an astrophysicist and somewhat of an engineer. Unfortunately he's too far away to effect any kind of change, though he did give me all the specs. I don't wish to become a target for some clandestine operation, simply to be more...independent."

She thought back to the first few missions she had, where being able to run would have come in handy. She hated having to rely on others, especially during emergencies, though Petty Officer Davis, whom she had caught out of the corner of her eye, would always be willing to help. 

"On a side note, it's never wise to annoy someone that knows how drugs work. Unless it's for a good cause." She smiled, and got the feeling that Alex Talion was a bit like her, but it was way too soon to find out to what extent. 

==Tag Talion and Shione(?)==
Alex chuckled at the mention of kissing her hand, "Although quite tempting, I always felt that for a gentleman to do so when they have only just been introduced...well, it never seemed appropriate to me. I pride myself on my bedside manner and professional approach, but if you wish anyone else to be present for the process, I welcome it. You're going to need to feel comfortable, but I will say up front that part of this will involve both with and without clothing. Obviously they can adapt to either situation, but for it to fit correctly, calibrations will need to be made for the software. The upside is that I can almost promise you that running and jumping will be available. You might not want to run a marathon, and it won't count as light tactical armor, but it will serve the function it was designed for."

Trying to put her mind a bit at ease, he continued, "I assure you that I have spent many years researching a vast variety of prosthetic augmentations. They were almost all intended to replace limbs and organs, but I have dealt with a few of them that were required as an external augmentation, like yours. Your father did very nice work. All I really intend to do is to give it some upgrades. For instance, it will be able to handle more stress, will increase power output and will be able to use a holographic feature that will allow it to appear invisible or blend in with your clothing. The idea is often that to really feel like themselves, people don't want to be reminded that they're wearing something at all. I focus on making people comfortable in their equipment, to the point where they sometimes forget that they have it. The touch can also be as soft as your skin. In theory, you would be able to enjoy a bikini day at the beach, play some volleyball and nobody ever even know you were wearing your augmentation."

He brought his hand up to his chin and gave his goatee a stroke or two in concentrated thought, "Since you won't need to be weightless most of the time, we can go with a fashionable variant or a zero gravity training belt. You would be able to have a variable setting. The higher the setting, the more energy it would use and the sooner it would run out of power, but I think we can find a nice compromise that will give you options for compensating for most Away Team situations. Anything beyond that the entire group would be using specialized suits in any case. The only caution is that you won't be able to use it too close to active warp cores. By default, the fields generated in those areas will negate your anti-gravity devices. Beyond that, your equipment should be able to handle anything that wouldn't harm any other average person. If this appeals to you, I would be glad to lend a hand."

The entire time, Alex made a point to be gentle and honest in his tone. He also liked looking people in the eye when talking to them. He didn't like talking down to people, but was aware that he could get too into the details, so he tried his best not to bore people. In his experience, people with any kind of disability tended to be very self conscious about it and any behavior that treated them as inherently weaker or less than anyone else might be considered offensive. People were people to him and all deserved respect. He was in the business of helping people and it came across in how he tried to treat people. He didn't always succeed, but he did try.

He had mentioned the ability to hide her augmentation because of how she presented herself. She was still young, active and attractive, so it would be natural to consider her appearance from time to time. Like anyone else, having options was almost always prefered. He didn't want to ruin the surprises he had in mind for her, but he wanted to be sure that he was listening to what she wanted first. The patient's desires and concerns were always of extreme importance for a pleasurable outcome.
Shione paused for a moment before replying; remembering a similar request from the First Officer "Of course Captain; perhaps it might prove convenient for you both if the Commander Velaul attended as she also requested a meeting with her for a similar timeline?"

Brooks raised an eyebrow as he was indeed going to have Commander Velaul at the meeting as well.

Noticing that Xenara was ready she smiled for the CO's benefit; "If you could excuse me for the moment I promised to introduce Lieutenant Xardeen to Commander Talion; I believe she is looking to consult with him on a project."

Brooks replied, "I'm sure it will be very interesting project. I will leave you to it and catch you in a couple of hours."

Dan moved off and took one last look around Ten Forward. It seemed as if this crew will get on just fine, he headed to the exit to take a brief tour of the ship before heading to the Bridge.

>>>Bridge>>>
Xenara smiled as she listened to Alex...nerd out for a bit. She didn't mind when people did that in front of her; that usually meant they were comfortable enough around her to do so. Her sister used to do it just to annoy her, but Xenara learned to appreciate when others did. At least he didn't bombard her with unusually long and meaningless - at least to her - words and explanations that flew over her head. He used simple language without being condescending and made Xenara even more relaxed. 

She shrugged. "Not planning on visiting engineering anytime soon, but I like where you're heading. I actually don't mind the nanoexoskeleton to be visible, but the less physically intrusive the better. My father doesn't have any fashion sense, so that would be interesting to incorporate. Starfleet does allow for personal taste with uniforms. Now I'm intrigued. But I didn't meant to monopolize your time." 

Even though it was a social gathering, she understood he had other obligations, but she really was enjoying herself and excited at the prospect of becoming a more useful officer. 

At least I might finally be able to exercise and go on Away Missions.

==Tag Alex==
Talion waved a hand at Xenara's comment about his time, "Not at all. The process itself won't take long at all, maybe 30 minutes total. The most time consuming part will involve you making choices. You'll get to decide what variants you're most fond of. Think of it as going to try an a number of outfits to decide which one you like best. It's really going to be that simple."

Alex could see that she was interested in what he was saying, so he became even more casual about it, "Listen, at your convenience, we can do this anywhere you want. If we do it in one of the labs, there is a complete record of it, it is recorded on sensors and if you even have any issue with the system, or fear I might not be delivering on what I promise, I will never fault a lady for being too cautious. On the other hand, if you're looking for privacy I would at least require an environment that has holographics and replicator access or...no, I need to stay inside the lines for this one...um...well, I'm betazoid, so I don't think much about the privacy issues, but I do understand that you might want to keep as many people out of your...uh...fitting room moments...as possible. Most other cultures can be quite immature about such matters. Naturally, you'll be able to preview the appearances ahead of time, using holographics. Most of it is quite routine these days, at least from my perspective."

== Tag Xenara ==
Xenara chuckled at the Commander's privacy comment. She wasn't exactly prudish, but she didn't feel comfortable undressing in front of anyone that wasn't her sister or doctor. Of course, Sothrick would be an exception since he practiclly knew everything about her, but it would still feel weird. Of course, Betazoids didn't have the issues with nudity that other races had, but it was still an uncomfortable thought even though it was something she could overcome with time if she needed to.

"I prefer to have a record I can send to my father," she said. "His birthday is coming up and it would be the perfect gift. But from my perspective, nothing about my condition screams routine. I can suffer some...mental discomfort if it helps me become more proficient. As long as it doesn't turn into a show." She said.

Although...nah, wouldn't want to tarnish my reputation that way.

==Tag Alex==
Alex nodded understanding, "No matter what environment you select, we can send a recording to your father. I also give you my word that I will keep it professional and conduct myself in a manner that will be appropriate for a recording to your father. I will also not need to touch you at all, unless you feel any sort of discomfort that you request that I inspect for adjustment, but that tends to be vary rare, as the sensors are able to prevent most of that. I only tend to encounter it when someone has a very sensitive area that the sensors did not compensate for. You haven't had any surgeries or trauma that might have injured or altered any of your neural pathways, have you? If so, we can do a neural mapping as well, just to be sure." His grin widened, "I can also promise you that there will be no 'show' involved. For that sake of a lady's modesty, I can engage a holographic setting that will make it appear to an observer that there is something that appears as a fashionable bathing garment, but will have no actual material or field that will interfere with the process. I have no desire to cause a lady to feel compromised." He held up a finger and added, "In fact, if there is any doubt in your mind, I offer the option that my own daughter can attend as a chapperone, as I most certainly would not allow her to see me doing anything I would not wish her to witness."

Alex realized that some people were more shy than others and she was an attractive young woman, so he was glad to see that there was at least an appropriate degree of hesitation to be disrobed in front of someone she had never met before. It was a simple fact though, that this was something akin to a visit to the doctor combined with a fitting with a tailor that was going to see you naked while adjusting some form of intimate garment. He could admit that if life had been different, he might appreciate her youthful femanine attributes on a less professional level, but he took care to keep such thoughts well guarded. A gentleman did not allow himself to fall down such rabbit holes in life...well, at least not anymore. To help him remain focused, he thought about his daughter, Reyna, and how she would enjoy the technical aspects of the project.

==Tag Xardeen ==
Alex had been completely professional during their entire conversation, and had made Xenara almost forget they were in a public setting. When he mentioned using his daughter as a sort of chaparone, the Elaysian chuckled. Something made her trust Alex, but she wasn't sure why. Perhaps living with a wife and daughter and possibly other women made him more chivlarous?

Or cautious?

"I would like to meet her," Xenara said. "But I doubt a chaperone would be necessary. The holographic curtain should suffice. We're both professionals and besides, I'll have a record," she teased. "Any ideas for defensive layers? In case the frame becomes damaged or rendered unusable?"

==Tag Alex==
His brow furrowed in concentration before he responded, "Well, if it isn't already established, I would have a failure state default to the main framework becoming rigid and the power assist features would become completely inert. That would provide a shell of protection while leaving the joints and such completely mobile. Fortunately, it weighs almost nothing. I minor mass reduction belt will make you lighter on you feet, but if that loses power, you would be able to simply remove it to lighten your load on your weakened legs. A personal shield would give you protection against a couple of shots from a phaser or disruptor, but after that they become useless. I'm afraid that other than some redundancies in your power systems, there's not a great deal we can do while keeping it on this scale. Stepping up into a light tactical armor frame allows lots of options, but then you start looking like you're a Security Officer going into a fight. I can even make one look like the lightly armored outfit that Engineering tends to use sometimes, as it uses composite plates to keep it light weight and discrete, but..."

He let it trail off and shook his head, "That sort of thing is a very different approach to what we're working with here. What you have now and what we're looking to upgrade, is more elegant and subtle. Then again, you might consider the environments and prepare accordingly. Think of it as armoring up a bit for working in the field, while using this current configuration for more light duty as well as for play. Fashion comes with a price. If you want more safety and power in your toys, you're going to sacrifice a little in the fashion department, but it is a worthy tradeoff."

His smile returned, "As for meeting Reyna, she is not your typical kid, but I would gladly introduce you. We call her Rain for short, because she can be like a force of nature. She was quite upset that the reading list suggested by the teacher was for kids her age and she had been looking forward to some Shakespeare with perhaps some debates and comparing it to the Klingon versions. I didn't dare tell her yet that I myself have never read the Klingon versions of anything, and I'm not even sure her teacher reads Klingon. Fortunately, she doesn't like trying to speak Klingon, as it is rather hard for her to pronounce well, given that she is only six. She tried it once and could barely speak for two days after. It was a quiet two days though, so I can't really complain."

== Tag Xenara ==
Lois listened as Julie explained about her animals, a cat and dog. That they helped with her counselling, and she had them from when they were very young and had trained them herself. Julie stated that they would only be in her quarters, and the counselling rooms.

"It is a pleasure to meet both of you Dr Lim and midshipmen." Dr Troy said, as Mid Coppola exited the group.

"Thank you," Lois replied, "Julie, I don't have any worries about the animals in the Main Sickbay area, in fact, I think it could be helpful, only the surgical bay area, intensive care and the morgue would be off limits, as far as I'm concerned. That's all."

"Oh, and Julie you will hear this at the full medical staff meeting tomorrow. I don't mind you calling me Lois on social occasions like this and private conversation but I prefer Dr Lim in professional conversation with patients. I hope that's not too confusing. I'm going to grab something to eat and sit at a table. would you like to join me?" she asked Julie.

== Tag Lt Troy, and sorry about the delay in posting. ==
Alex had brought up a good point. She was getting ahead of herself and starting a rabbit hole she wasn't sure she's be able to climb out of. A separate frame for Away Missions she knew would be dangerous would most likely require the Captain's approval - for the mission, not necessarily the frame. She didn't want to be a soildier, she just wanted to survive.

"Fair points," she said. "As I said I have no interest in becoming a walking tank. I prefer being more discreet and fashionable, within Starfleet guidelines of course. I just want to be more...normal without taking drastic measures. If I'm not mistaken, Commander Shione has engineering expertise we could utilize. I'm sure she'd enjoy the process."

She chuckled again as Alex talked about his daughter, who seemed quite the toddler already. And with a name like 'Rain', there were plenty of opportunities for puns.

"Klingon? AND Shakespeare? Have you thought about signing her up for the Academy? I doubt she'd find me entertaining. Although I'm not bad at chess and tactical stratagy games. She would most likely bond with my twin sister. Nemara was a lot like Rain at that age."

==Tag Alex==
==Addendum==

Xenara tapped her comm badge.

"Commander Shione, at your convenience, would you please join Commander Talion and I in Ten Forward?"

==Tag Shione==
It was only when Xenara tried to contact Shione that Alex realized that she had wandered off. As he was often so guilty of, he had hyper-focused on his conversation (or whatever else he was doing) and had not noticed what else was going on around him. He felt a little bad about that, but fortunately Shione knew him well and would understand that he had not done so intentionally.

The smile on Alex's face and the look in his eye reflected the love of a father as he spoke, "Reyna is undeniably very smart for her age, but she is still a kid. It can be hard at times to remember that and try to find a balance of some sort. Nothing prepared me for that part of parenthood. She initially grew up in a rather unique environment, but I have managed to be a strong influence over the last few years. Being a single parent has turned out to be far more challenging than I would have imagined it to be. I shudder when I think of what I have ahead of me when she eventually hits her teen years."

Realizing he was wandering off topic, he tried to return to the matter at hand, "Anyway, whenever you decide that you want to open this Pandora's Box, let me know and we will customize your device as you see fit. You now have the benefit of the experience of using your current version, so let that guide your decisions. Think about the small things that you would like to change or improve upon, but also the things that you love and want to make sure NOT to change. We want to only make things better, not lose the things your really like about what your father created for you. I feel it is important that you be able to feel in your heart that you're not losing what he gave you, so that it is always there as a sort of reminder. In that way, your father is always with you as you wander the universe, literally still holding your hand, even if he is no longer leading the way." Alex playfully narrowed his eyes, "Something tells me that you're not the sort to follow easily. You have the spirit of an adventurer in you and want to see what's out there for yourself, not have someone else show it to you. I have to say that there is something special about standing somewhere and seeing something that no other person has ever seen. It's very hard to put into words and certainly is rarely reflected in a mission log, but it is often a key element in many of the people on this ship right now."

== Tag Xenara...now, bring me that horizon... ==
The response to Xenara's hail was delivered a few minutes later by the subject of that message walking up.

She smiled for them both and then addressed Xenara. "I see you have Alex's undivided attention, which I will warn you can be quite the dramatic experience", she added with a wry grin for Talion's benefit.

"I could see Alex extolling something as I approached, so apparently he has accepted the challenge regarding your exo-skeleton." and then shifting her attention fully to the CSO she added;
"Perhaps in a thousand words or less you could tell me what have you come up with so far;" He would hear the satire in her tone; "Commander Talion?"

==Tag both of these crazies==
==I am NOT crazy! I think...My mommie had me tested so...  Tongue ==

As Commander Shione walked over, Xenara realized the Vulcan/Betazoid carbon copy of her new brother's wife hadn't actually left Ten Forward. But there were quite a few people in a vast area, so yelling wouldn't have been prudent, which made Xenara feel a bit less awkward about using her comm badge. She was about to respond to Alex when her new friend made her self visible.

Alex certainly is a smooth talker...but he's easy on the ears...and the eyes...Oh stop it, Xenara! He's married with a child!

She quickly exorcised the thought as she turned to Shione and smiled. 

"Dramatic isn't quite the word I'd use," she teased. "We just have some preliminary ideas that should combine comfort and function without compromising either." she said, addressing Shione's statement. "My father originally created my frame, but he doesn't have the imagination Alex does. Mostly I just want to be able to move more efficiently and be able to actually do things. Simple things like exercise and be able to actually pass a physical."

She sighed at the last part, but being able to do things others took for granted would be a huge confidence boost that she could use. Granted, she did have survival, diplomatic and administrative skills, and was decent with a hand phaser, but she felt like those were cop outs. But the prospect of doing more physical activity was something she always dreamed of. 

And it might just become reality.

"I miss going on Away Missions, exploring, doing things. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to whine. Just the thought of this becoming a reality is quite intoxicating. And since you were an engineer, I was hoping you would assist? I imagine this would be like a playground for you."

She turned to Alex, "Before I get lost in this rabbit hole, thank you Alex. Sincerely."

==Tag Alex and m-m-m-my Shione==
Alex's smile and body language showed him being very genuine and sincere about his desire to help Xenara. he simply gave a nod to her thanking him. He took a moment to recount some of the minor details of his plans to upgrade the mano-tech with some additional subroutines to the software as well. He had a number of ideas in mind for added structural and augmentation specifications while his extensive knowledge from his research with prosthetics offered some increases in comfort and fashion options.

Once he had caught up Shione on the idea, he looked to Xenara and said, "If you have the time, we could drop by one of the labs right now."

Alex tilted his head ever so slightly and said, "Cindy, are those simulations ready?"

[Yes, I'm running the battery of testing for optional subroutines now. Preliminaries are all available and by the time you reach a facility, we should be in excess of the 10k range.]

Hihs smile widened and he exclaimed, "Excellent!" Returning his eyes to those of Xenara, "I always like to run various simulation on variants and I like to have at least ten thousand simulations or more to be sure I have good data to work with. We're running the simulations on the top thousand or so options and then we'll take our pick of the best hundred or so to find the cream of the crop from there and so on."

He lifted his arm and tapped at it, causing the PADD device there to materialize. He looked at the screen and with a tap confirmed, "Ah yes, and as luck would have it, some of my labs are even on this deck, how convenient."

He stopped and suddenly realized that he may have misunderstood something, "Wait, I sometimes get carried away in the moment. Did you WANT to do this now? I try to be careful not to presume such things."

Alex glanced to Shione, "Help me out here. You know how I can get. Don't let me embarrass myself too badly in front of this young lady. I've not even had a proper drink yet."

== Tags ladies... ==
== Married?...So she missed the single parent part then...kids today... ==
Aanil didn’t respond to his question. It appeared to Niels that she was finished with any conversation even tangentially related to engineering, even if it was in her field of expertise. Without warning, she suddenly steered the conversation to Gravesworld.

Niels remembered the mission well, and was glad to hear Kalli’s update that they had been able to rectify the situation. The Charon’s crew had been pulled away from the site before they could give any substantial help. It was nice to know that Starfleet hadn’t abandoned the colony completely.

For a moment, Niels wondered how B’lai and his son were doing. Though he only met them briefly, they had left an impact. He thought to ask if Kalli had any updates on them specifically, but feared doing so might bring up engineering topics that would anger Aanil, so he remained quiet. He thought to ask about the spiced drink he had encountered at one of the market stalls. However, by the time it crossed his mind, the conversation had moved on, as it always seemed to do.

Kalli spoke of the new ship, referencing the difference in its vibrations and harmonics. Niels had felt it too, as he figured any other engineer worth their salt would have. The ship was massive in comparison to the old one he and Aanil had served on.

“I could be mistaken,” Niels said, turning towards Aanil, trying to give his other half a bit more attention, “I don’t think either of us have served on a ship this large before. I bet the medical facilities here are quite advanced in comparison. The recreational facilities too.”

== Tag Aanil and Kalli ==
Julia was about to answer Lois when her padd went off with an invite to a party. Troy knew that this would be another opportunity to wear one of her dresses that she made for an event like this again. She had a thought pop into her head and had to ask a question about it.

"Of course I'll join you and we can go to the table that my imazdi is sitting at. Have you worn a unique one of a kind dress for an event on the holodeck that is set in Camelot? I've made several dresses from that time period that you can choose from."

Troy enjoyed parties and such that she didn't have an opportunity to attend them very often like she used to. Julia would have to try not to pull off what she did before joining the crew of the Charon. She would get to bring both Spike and Dot along for the fun.

==Tag Lt commander Lim==
His first introduction was a complete bust, but this was only a setback. All of the confusion in the room with new friends meeting, and then there was him. Fresh from Earth and in his element, the young Tactical Officer was going to start to go to work. The conversation was a good one that Cologero was learning without saying anything at all, sometimes it was the best way to learn about people around them. The Captain left because he was busy with something, probably ships business that didn't include him at this second.

Now that the conversation was over about her technology, or so he thinks at this time. Now was that time for attempt two, or a strategic retreat would be in order if it failed. He guessed by making a formal introduction might work where his personal one didn't, it was all just a product of timing he put behind him. "Lieutenant Xardeen I am Midshipman Coppola, I even have that new Officer smell and everything. Commander Talion I would suggest a good Campari or a Prosecco, both are pretty popular where I come from." His Itilian accent could be heard and understood perfectly. After the new Commander came back again, Cologero looked at the door for a possible escape somewhere possibly the Bridge.

==Tag attempt two ==
A new Midshipman came over and introduced himself. Having overheard a comment about beverages, the young man made a suggestion.

With a chuckle, Talion nodded, "I do admit that those are rather enjoyable at times, but when I'm in the mood for a serious drink, I'm afraid that I tend to be a tequila man. Don't let that scare you off though. When in the mood for a casual drink Campari is a nice flavor and goes well after a dinner, or so I find."

Looking back over to Xenara and Shione, they seemed to be waiting on him, "Oh, I'm sorry, did you want to head over to the lab now? That's the thing about so many people around, I get distracted. Let's go see what we can accomplish in one of the labs, just down the hall. You know, it's going to take me at least a week to find where all my labs are scattered throughout this ship."

Turning back to Mid Coppola, he excused himself, "It was very nice meeting you. If you'll excuse me though, these fine ladies appear to require my attention at the moment." He paused and glanced at them both, blushing a little, "Wait, that didn't sound quite right. Maybe it's just as well that I've not had anything to drink yet." Gesturing with an exaggerated sweep of his arm, "Please, right this way and we'll see if we can find a science lab."

== Tags to Coppola, Xardeen and Kurasa...though it would seem that Coppola just can't catch a break...lol... ==
== Exiting to Other Locations, as we don't seem to have a Science Labs thread... ==
==Apologies Coppola. And Alex, yep, missed that completely. lol That'll teach me to skim.==

Xenara shrugged at Alex's question. "I could use another drink. But I suppose It's not a very good idea to fly while intoxicated; not that I haven't don't that since the Academy," she said. "But since I've already had a few, I could use some activity to douse the effects."

It was then a young midshipman came over and introduced himself as she was about to leave with Alex.

"Welcome aboard, my minion," she teased. "I should probably warn you about the insidious nature of our waiters. I can't prove it, but I think they may have given me synthohol in lieu of the real thing. How dare they assume I can't fly while inebreated!"

She playfully scoffed, as she could almost swear she could sense the young midshipman's sense of humor...

It could just be that obvious.

"If you ever need anything, Midshipman, my door is always open. Unless I'm asleep then that would just be creepy. Apologies, but I have an appointment I should really keep. Would you like to join us? Might be informative."

She turned to Alex, "You and my twin sister would make quite the pair," she said. "Lead on, just don't get us lost?"

She smiled as she walked with the awkard gait that made people question her ability to do anything. 

==Tag Coppola==

==Next Post Other Locations==
The trio of senior officers was also apparently entertaining the new Tactical Midshipman, a human of Italian descent if Shione's memory served. There were times when an eidetic memory was useful and having heard that Xenara was going to have an update to her exo skeleton it seemed appropriate to have her new officer tag along.

Turning to Cologero and speaking in her rarely practiced Italian she greeted him in his native tongue "Benvenuto all'Aquila Signor Coppola. Spero che vi piaccia servire qui. Vuoi unirti a noi?." He would realize that her Italian was decent if not perfect.

Returning to English the Security Commander continued. "It's not every day that a new Midshipman gets to spend time with three Department heads, so do tag along if you would?"

==Tag Coppola==
>> AQ/D99 - Other Locations>>
==Translation in case PC doesn't speak it "Welcome to the Aquila Mr Coppola. I hope you enjoy serving here. Would you like to join us?"