AQ/D05-32 - Crew Quarters
==
Walking through the ship, it had felt almost deserted. It was a very large ship and was designed to hold a great many people, practically a small floating city, but there were hardly any people seen walking about. Alex had looked around and felt a little nervous, but did his best to look strong and confident as he tried to find his way around.

The small hand in his gave a tug as they continued walking, the equally small voice that went with the hand inquired, "Shouldn't there be more people here?"

Smiling at the fact that she had picked up on his thoughts, he responded, "Well, they've only just started picking up the most essential crew. Don't worry though, there will be more people very soon. Your teacher tells me that there should be a pretty full class of students on this ship. I'm sure you'll be making friends in no time."

Unconvinced, his daughter replied, "At my last school, hardly any of them could read at all. I had nobody to discus any of my favorite books with. My hopes of discussing Shakespeare are not high and I've given up on any of them being able to debate the versions in the supposedly original Klingon texts."

He chuckled, "Reyna, not many six year olds read those books, and even fewer of them can do so in more than one language. You have grown up in a...different environment. Your mother would be very proud of how smart you are and how inquisitive you are."

The girl looked around and asked, "Did you and mommy live on a ship like this when you were together?"

"Actually, it wasn't quite as nice as this one, but yes. That's why we're here. I wanted you to learn about how these people live. It's important that you understand people and this place will have quite a variety of them for you to learn about. I know how much you love learning new things and these lessons will be very important as you grow up."

Nodding confidently, "Yes, learning new things is my favorite hobby! My second favorite is teaching Thor new tricks."

Just then, Alex came to a stop in front of a door, "This is it."

After entering the code, the door swished open and the lights came on to reveal their new home. Reyna ran in and flopped down on the couch, "It isn't as soft as our old couch, but it will do. I may have to replicate some nice pillows for it." She looked around and exclaimed, "Who decorates these places? Are they on medication for whatever is wrong with them?" She shook her head in disbelief, "I am going to have to seriously redecorate if we're going to live here."

Alex gave a sigh at his daughter and slowly took a tour of the place. It wasn't large, but it would do.

There was a nudge at his knee accompanied by a soft groan. Alex looked down to see Thor tilting his head and glancing around the room.

Realizing the question, he pointed over at a Doggy bed then walked over and lifted the cushion to reveal a device with readouts, "There's one in her room as well, so you will be able to remain charged easily. You're uploaded with current protocols and areas that are off limits. I'll keep our schedules updated in your database as well. You're allowed to let Security scan you, but alert me if anything tries to access your systems. You can monitor the open networks, but Star Fleet isn't big on secure access. You'll have comm access to me though. Send text when possible, but otherwise Standard Operating Procedure around these people."

The dog gave a single nod. Thor appeared like a grown male Rottweiler of about 120 pounds (55 kg) and a little over two feet tall at the shoulder. The muscular appearance was more for an intimidation factor than anything else. He was in fact not a dog, but was a complex version of a holo-nanny that used the drone technology that Alex himself had created for and was authorized for use within Star Fleet. Alex was big on contingency plans and he had no intention of leaving his daughter unprotected and unsupervised at any time. He might be a little paranoid, but his fears were not without good reasons. He just hoped that he would never need to activate any of his most classified programs.

Reyna then called out, "Come on, Thor! Let's go jump on my new bed!"

The dog gave a short glance to Alex and then bounded after the girl enthusiastically. Very quickly there was muffled playful sounds of Thor not quite barking, but making his sounds of almost talking in his half barks that mixed well with the girl's laughter.

Alex put his hands on his hips and looked around, wondering what he had gotten them into as he said to himself, "Well, I guess this is home sweet home now."

== Alex Talion, back in the saddle again? ==
The sting of being reassigned was lessened by several factors, the fact that Xenara was going to be piloting such a huge ship, the fact that she would most likely be able to finally control the gravity in her personal quarters - something she'd have to get the Captain's approval for -, and the fact that several of her friends from the Geronimo were coming with her. 

Even Davis...

But with all the good the move would do her, being away from her new brother, Commander Sothrick, was the most painful. She kept in telepathic contact with him as long as she could, but once she could no longer sense him, her heart sank. She still had no real knowledge of how telepathy worked, only that it worked with him and possibly his wife, but until they could meet again, the Elaysian would have to settle for theories and conjecture. 

Then again, they had a deep connection, even deeper than what Sothrick had with his own wife, so perhaps some of his abilities could have leaked into her? Only time would tell. At the very least, she might be empathic. Being telepathic was still a strange feeling to share with anyone, but she had heard of empaths, which, in her line of work, could come in quite handy. 

As she walked down the empty corridor, Murphy - her Terran calico feline - rested accross the back of her shoulders, which only added more weight and made it more difficult to walk, but she had a petite stride and wasn't in any hurry, except to get that cat off. 

As she pulled her luggage behind her, she made her way to her quarters, a proper set this time, complete with actual rooms and areas for entertaining and relaxing, she let the doors close behind her and tried to encourage the cat to jump down. But Murphy was still a cautious thing and sniffed the air before deciding to remain on Xenara's shoulders. 

"Alright you little hell spawn," Xenara teased as she nudged the cat off. "Off. Mommy loves you but you are way too heavy. Besides, you have a lot to explore." Murphy meowed in protest but eventually complied, which gave Xenara a literal ton of relief. To an Elaysian anyway.

Xenara had a feeling that Murphy would pick a very inconvenient spot to claim as his, and she smiled as he started to sniff everything. She picked out a spot for his water and food dishes to the left of the door next to a small cabinet and placed them there and filled them before setting her bag down and let herself crash on the couch. There was a table with a computer terminal, but she didn't feel like doing anything but sleeping at the moment. 

Then again, she didn't have much time to sleep as her shift started soon. 

"Welcome home, baby," she said as she watched Murphy explore.

==Next post...um...bridge?==
<< TenForward. <<

Jez found her quarters, she looked around and to say that she was underwhelmed was an understatement, it was the standard two-person Star Fleet crew quarters, a central common area, a bathroom, and a bedroom on either side. Each bedroom contained a bed, a small dresser, a desk, and a chair with a computer terminal and a chair for sitting, the only thing it lacked was an actual closet, the idea of folding certain items was something that Jez found annoying, it took more time and often left clothes wrinkled, putting your garments on a hanger and let them hang was easier and fewer wrinkles. Jez had hoped that her quarters would have had a window, she enjoyed looking out the windows as a StarShip hurtled through space,

The quarters were the same beige and maroon color scheme that was common in Star Fleet. It lacked any imagination or style, no flare; but it was much roomier than the closet she had on the Geronimo, not to mention it had a replicator, so no more mess hall meals, not that communal dining is bad, it’s just sometimes Jez liked to be alone with her thoughts. Jez missed the intimacy of the Geronimo, the Aquila was grand, certainly more challenging as far as Security went but Jez liked a challenge.

Jes began unpacking her things. She checked to see which bedroom was empty, as she hadn’t met her roommate yet., her last roommate at the Academy was a girl named Kentara, a Klingon Human Hybrid, who loved Klingon opera, she would go on non-stop saying things like, “ Listen to Torgoth’s voice, it’s so honorable, or isn’t Leakara’s pitch just amazing.” But to Jez, it all sounded the same. Kentara was nice enough as far as Klingons go, but Jez was looking forward to solitude.

Hopefully, I won’t get a roommate. Thought Jez.

Jes selected the bedroom on the right. She quickly went about setting up housekeeping, she replicated a few colorful pillows for her bed. She placed a Holo-image of her beloved Teddy Bear and her . It was a rare occasion when Mike didn’t look grumpy. Jez then sat down at her computer and began studying a map of the Aquila to familiarize herself with the sensitive area, so she would know the areas of the ship and she would be ready for her Security Duties.
<<Promenade<<

Shione gathered up Andromeda's bags and after a consultation took the Medical officer to her assigned quarters and then while she unpacked Shione contacted her Imzadi to arrange for a meal that they could all share and after she finished, she led her up to their shared quarters.

Shione had warned Tate to expect an exuberant greeting and the couple's daughter did not disappoint as a 6-year-old Caitian/Mirak child ran up to greet her followed by an equally exuberant Westie. "Aashaa give the lady time to come in and have a seat."

She did as ask and then planted herself next to Andromeda and began a barrage of stories about their trip here, the long wait to meet her other Momma and all about the jokes one young NCO had made when they were assisting a 'Cat girl with a Pet Dog', and just how amused he was by that.

Jelaya jumped in to add that the young man was convinced to leave quickly before anyone(namely him) could be injured. "I made the silly man run away!" Aashaa claimed boldly, before adding "Would you like to read me a story? Mumma has been busy and I always have a story before bed." In her hand was a Paad with an excellent selection.

Shione grinned and ruffled Aashaa's ears which prompted an exuberant response, before she pushed herself onto the couch beside Tate, Paad in hand. "She can read very well actually but she likes to hear what funny voices we use; do you mind, Andromeda; supper will be ready in 20 minutes?"

==Tag Andromeda==
== NPC Lt Andromeda Tate ==

Andrea did her best to politely correct them, "Please, only my mother calls me Andromeda. All of my friends just call me Andrea."

The little one was very full of energy, as was only to be expected. She was happy to receive the warm welcome and always gave off a very maternal aura anyway. It was quite common for children to gravitate to her. Aashaa was obviously delighted to have someone new to talk to and interact with. The child was smart and curious, wonderful qualities that any parent would want to nurture and encourage.

It turned out that Andrea was quite the gifted storyteller. Not only did she accept the PADD, but she picked a wonderful short story that she said was one of her favorites. When Aashaa confirmed that she liked stories told with the voices, Andrea dove right in. The voices she did were different, so it made the story feel new in a way. At the end, Andrea said, "Did you know that there is another story that comes after that one?" Aashaa's eyes got wide in disbelief. Andrea nodded, It's true, they later had another adventure, but THAT will have to wait for another time."

That was all it took. Aashaa's mind was racing with trying to imagine what the characters did next. Being a smart child, she eventually came back with, "Wait, it said happily ever after at the end. Did they lie?"

Andrea considered a moment before responding, "You have a fair point and to be honest, they did...but...what about their daughter?"

"SHE has an adventure too?"

Andrea rolled her eyes in an exaggerated way, "Well, of course! We ALL have our own adventures, don't we?"

On an unexpected note, their dog had also taken to Andrea. It was originally cautious, but quickly learned that this stranger was a welcomed person by everyone. By the time the story had been done, the dog was snuggled right up there too. You would have thought Andrea was a regular member of the family.

== Tag Shione ==
Jez was tired of studying the ship, she tried ignoring the results of her last medical exam, but it kept rushing to the forefront of her mind. She could feel her emotions welling up, if it was true how would she deal with it? She was a Star Fleet Officer, she wasn’t trained to deal with something like this.

How.. How can I cope? How can I even  process this…. This is horrible. 

Jes didn’t know what to think, everything she had worked for was going to just slip away, What was she going to say to her family and friends. Jez hadn’t planned on this happening even if she did, it wouldn’t have been with a miserable worm of a man like Renkarn Ukinix.

Renkarn had lied, he had used her in such a horrible way. Jez could feel the tears streaming down her face, He said he loved her, but that was a lie. Yes, maybe she was naive, but she was used to complete honesty. She had loved Renkarn Ukinix, was dashing, gallant, charming and very handsome. Yes, in the Betazoid Social Hierarchy he was a member of the Ninth House, the House of Wealth, but she didn’t realize that he could be so cruel, he just felt that because he had money and power he could do what he pleased; with little to no regards towards anyone's feelings  When he said he didn’t love Jez, that it was a mistake, it broke her heart. She thought , she hoped that he was the one, her Imzadi.  She had given her most precious gift to a cad, a miserable creep.  Yes, Jez should have known better but she was young and probably shouldn’t have been engaging in that kind of behavior in the first place.

Jez hated the House politics of Betazed, each house thinking they are better than other houses. Jez now understood how the Dominion could easily waltz in and take them over, because there was no real unity among the Houses, the Unity was superficial at best. Jez was truly at a loss as to what to do, she was crying hard to the point it was difficult to breathe.

Jez sat on her bed rocking back and forth, she wanted to scream, she just wished she had never met Renkarn Ukinix. If he had been in Star Fleet things would be easy. Jez could file a complaint with the Judge Advocate General and he would be court-martialed for conduct unbecoming of an officer or at least have a reprimand in his file, but Jez couldn’t even contact the authorities on Betazed, as his family had so much power and influence, Renkarn was the son of an Ambassador nothing would happen, it would to him; it would  just get swept under the rug.

Jez sat there… for what seemed like hours.  Jez could live with the fact that Ukinix could get away with what he had done, but she was worried what would happen to her Star Fleet career,  she would lose everything, her career, her family's respect and the respect of her Sensi, her beloved Teddy Bear.

Why… why…. can’t men be honest and kind like Commander Talion and Commander Sothrick or even Teddy….Thought Jez.

Jez could taste the saltiness of her tears, she was scared, scared of letting down those that she loved, those people that were important to her, those who she respected.  She knew that she couldn’t avoid it any longer, she had to face things head on, but still she was scared. Maybe she shouldn’t have built a wall between her and Commander’s Talion and Kusara. She was scared that they would learn of her shame, of her humiliation. 

Jez knew she had to swallow her pride and ask for help, but she wasn’t sure who to talk to, who to confide in. They don’t teach you things like this at the Academy. 

>> Ten Forward >>
<<< Other Locations <<<

== Officer Quarters ==

Alex entered his quarters without hesitation, the lights were already at their normal setting. Once Alex was clear of the doorway, Jez saw that the room was already occupied.

In the center of the room was a rather solid looking Rottweiler that looked like it weighed almost as much as she did. It sat perfectly calm in the middle of the room, patiently looking at Jez. Its gaze followed Alex briefly, but then returned to Jez. It made no other sound or motion as she entered.

Alex stopped and asked, "Where's Reyna?"

A voice came from nowhere, [Playing in her room.]

Just then, a six year old girl appeared in a doorway. He look turned from a pleasant smile to a cautious look of concern as she spotted Jez and stated with an inquisitive tone, "We have a visitor? Father, you should have informed me that we were receiving guests. I might have dressed more appropriately."

Alex smiled warmly at the girl, "Thank you. Yes, as a matter of fact, it is nice to be home. I appreciate the warm welcome."

The girl rolled her eyes and walked over to him. He squatted down as she approached and they shared a brief hug as she said, "Sorry, but I was distracted by the arrival of our guest."

The girl then took a few steps closer, taking position next to the dog, who even while sitting was almost as tall as she was, "My name is Reyna and this is Thor." At the mention of the dog's name, it dipped its head a little, almost like a small bow. "Don't worry, he won't hurt you unless you try to harm me. You don't strike me as the violent type, which is odd since you're wearing Security colors. Your appearance is not intimidating at all and...you're sad."

He expression turn to confused as she said the last word. Alex quickly spoke up, "Sweetie, be polite. Remember our talks."

She gave her father an exasperated look, "I am being a good host, father. I have made introductions, I tried to let her know that Thor will not attack her and I am making a small attempt to be mindful of her state of being. As for her feelings, she's like us, so it isn't against the rules. Besides, she is practically broadcasting her emotions to the entire ship. It would be rude NOT to say something to her."

Reyna's look turned more sympathetic, "Though, I should do one more thing."

The girl approached the table at the side of the room and touched the surface where a steaming cup of hot chocolate appeared with a dab of whipped cream on top. Smiling at Jez she said, "There, a hot beverage to help make you feel better. Welcome to our home, Miss..." She even tilted her head in an obvious effort to prompt Jez to finish the statement and introduce herself.

== Tag Mala ==
Jez wasn’t sure what to expect, she slowly entered the Commander’s quarters. There in the middle of the room was a formidable looking Rottweiler, it must have been some kind of mutant variant, it was huge. Good thing Jeaz was an animal lover, especially dogs.

Commander Talion then spoke, "Where's Reyna?"

Then as if by magic a voice came from nowhere, [Playing in her room.]

Jez blinked, she did a double take and leaned a little bit towards the dog. She couldb’t believe what she had heard.

Do be silly , dogs can’t talk, you're just tired and upset. You’re hallucinating, calm down. 

Just then a voice caught Jez’s attention, "We have a visitor? Father, you should have informed me that we were receiving guests. I might have dressed more appropriately." Jez looked up to see the most adorable little girl to say that she was cute was an understatement.

She looks like Talion, at least around the eyes. Thought Jez.

Jez watched as Commander Talion  smiled warmly at the girl, "Thank you. Yes, as a matter of fact, it is nice to be home. I appreciate the warm welcome." Said Commander Talion. Jez wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or just playing with the little girl.

Jez hid her laughter as the girl rolled her eyes and walked over to him. Commander Talion then squatted down as she approached and they shared a brief, but al be it tender  hug as she said, "Sorry, but I was distracted by the arrival of our guest." Jez had a feeling she may be just a little girl, but she probably kept Talion on his toes.

Jez couldn’t help but smile. It was such a tender scene.a father and his loving daughter. It was very touching to witness. That was something Jez had log wished her father would have done.

"My name is Reyna and this is Thor." At the mention of the dog's name, it dipped its head a little, almost like a small bow, as if the dog understood and was greeting her, it was fascinating, but also disturbing. "Don't worry, he won't hurt you unless you try to harm me. You don't strike me as the violent type, which is odd since you're wearing Security colors. Your appearance is not intimidating at all and...you're sad." Said Reyna.

Jez smiled. “Hello Reyna, I’m Jez and no, I’m not violent. It’s nice to meet you and Thor. May I pet him?” Said Jez, her tone warm and friendly.

Jez felt a little bad for Reyna, as Commander Talion reminded her about a talk they had about, probably about being polite. She was a bit precocious but then again all six year olds are like that they are starting to under thing, they start to express themselves.

Then Reyna's look turned more sympathetic, "Though, I should do one more thing."

Jez looked at Reyna, curious as to what she was up to. Jes sat watching with great anticipation, as she could tell that Reyna was no ordinary child.

Jez watched as Reyna approached the table at the side of the room and touched the surface where a steaming cup of hot chocolate appeared with a dab of whipped cream on top. Smiling at Jez she said, "There, a hot beverage to help make you feel better. Welcome to our home, Miss..." She even tilted her head in an obvious effort to prompt Jez to finish the statement and introduce herself.

Jez smiled , “My name is Jez Mala, but if it’s alright with your father you may call me Jez. Oh and thank you for the Hot Chocolate. I appreciate that.” Said Jez, with a smile on her face.

== Tag Talion. ==
Alex took off his jacket and draped it over the back of a chair at the table before taking a seat. He was sporting a short sleeve version of the uniform shirt, which was more form fitting than one might expect. It was more standard for some of the Security officers who were more commonly in the heavy armor for field work, but it was rare to see a scientist who was built like a tank. He was quite the contradiction.

For a moment, he was looking at Jez with narrowed eyes, obviously thinking about something, then said, "Reyn, can you give us a moment? I need to discuss some adult stuff with Jez. It won't take long, then you can come back out, okay?"

Reyna gave a tiny sigh, "I knew it was too good to be true. Come on Thor."

The dog gave a small groan and reluctantly followed the girl out of the room.

Alex instantly began talking, "Given your behavior earlier, I want to cover my backside with something obvious. Please bear with me." His device materialized on his thick bare forearm and he pressed a key on it and began to speak again, "Cindy, I need you to check her out. Especially all brain chemistry. I want a full scan."

A female voice that had been heard earlier replied, [Can she see me? It's hard to have a bedside manner if you aren't bedside.]

Alex chuckled and simply replied, "Yes."

Instantly, a woman appeared standing next to them. She was 5'6", about the same weight as Jez, short blond hair and hazel eyes. She was dressed in denim cutoffs and a light white blouse that was untucked. She was barefoot and looked like she was ready for a day at the beach, walking along sand dunes or something. She stretched a little and said, "Oh, that's SO much better! Hi, Jez. I'm Cindy." She held out a hand to shake then smiled at Jez and said, "Hold still a sec and let me take a look at you."

Jez hadn't even had a chance to react other than taking the offered hand when Cindy began, "Brain chemistry is within norms, but...something...hmmm...elevated anxiety, muscle tension, she's been crying. Heart rate and blood pressure are climbing..." She looked at Jez and said, "Please try to remain calm and...oh...OH!"

Cindy's eyes went wide for a second. She blushed a little and took a step back.

Alex looked worried and asked, "What?"

Cindy waved a hand at him and scolded, "Hush! Give us a minute. Think I know what this is about now, but give the girl a second. You brought her here and spring Wunderkind and super-pooch on her, then expect her to wrap her brain around me, inside five minutes and all after the little talk you guys had with her threatening to turn her life upside down when it was already in the blender. Give the girl a break for a couple of seconds, will you?"

Alex looked a little shocked, but shut up and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. If somehow made him look even bigger and more threatening, to which Cindy added, "Not helping."

Looking back at Jez, Cindy was genuinely looking sympathetic, "Forget about him for a moment. I know he's big and scary at times, but he's part surfer and part lab genius, so don't worry. Focus on me for a second. Listen, I was certified for Sickbay and am Star Fleet qualified...or at least I was. Think of me as the most amazing EMH ever to serve on a ship as a member of the crew. I could tech at the Academy, if they allowed such a thing. That said, I have a couple of simple questions, if you're prepared to answer them for me. Menses, how long ago did your last one end and when were you last active?"

Alex began to sit forward again and Cindy never broke eye contact with Jez, but held out a finger to Alex, shushing him before he could speak. That was just as well, because his mouth was moving, but no words were coming out. He then stood slowly and walked to the other side of the room, hand on his mouth, attempting to wrap his oversized brain around the moment from his own perspective.

Cindy too a seat, but still never broke eye contact with Jez, "Yeah, maybe you should take a breath and think about your answer. I could break down the brain chemistry things and the hormonal levels for you, but you already know where I'm going with these questions don't you. Don't worry, Thor will keep Reyna busy playing for a bit longer, I just had him start her on some puppy play. She loves that."

Giggling could now be heard from the other room. Cindy continued softly, "I know our odd little family is a bit for you to take in right now. You likely have lots of questions, but right now I'm worried about YOU. Are you going to be okay? Are you prepared to talk about this, or do we need to take this in a different direction? This is all about you, girl. Talk to me."
Jez sat there, she casually looked around the room, it somehow seemed to match Commander Talion’s personality.  Jez was a little disappointed when Commander Talion instructed Reyna to leave, "Reyn, can you give us a moment? I need to discuss some adult stuff with Jez. It won't take long, then you can come back out, okay?" He was strict but gentle with her the way one would expect a father to speak.

Jez had to smile when Reyna gave a tiny sigh and said, , "I knew it was too good to be true. Come on Thor."

Jez was more than a little surprised by the activities within Commander Talions quarters, she was surprised by the fact that she fully expected a scene right out of an old time horror movie, a Mad Scientists and his house of monsters. However, this was more like a picture of the old Terran Artist Norman Rockwell, come to life,  a cozy loving family far from the Mad Scientist rumors that Jez had heard from others before he transfer. Every one said Talion was unique and they made the finger whirling around the temple to indicate crazy uniqueness. But Jez found him to be cute in an overprotective father kind of way.

Commander Talion then instantly began talking, "Given your behavior earlier, I want to cover my backside with something obvious. Please bear with me."  Jez watched with fascination as his device materialized on his thick bare forearm and he pressed a key on it and began to speak again, "Cindy, I need you to check her out. Especially all brain chemistry. I want a full scan."

So, we have an adorable precocious six year old girl and a talking dog and now a Cindy. Let me guess Cindy is a seven foot Klingon who specializes in inter species medicine. Thought Jez.

A familiar female voice that she had heard earlier replied, [Can she see me? It's hard to have a bedside manner if you aren't bedside.]

Wait, that was the voice of the dog when I first came in…..no… It  can’t be.

Instantly, a woman appeared standing next to them causing Jez to jump a little. . She was 5'6", about the same weight as Jez was, short blond hair and hazel eyes. She was dressed in denim cutoffs and a light white blouse that was untucked. She was barefoot and looked like she was ready for a day at the beach, walking along sand dunes or a picnic. She stretched a little and said, "Oh, that's SO much better! Hi, Jez. I'm Cindy." She held out a hand to shake then smiled at Jez and said, "Hold still a sec and let me take a look at you."

Jez started at CIndy and blinked , not saying anything, she was trying to process everything that had happened so far. Well it wasn't a seven foot Klingon, this Cindy was a beautiful female, from the looks of her she appeared Human. 

Jez hadn't even had a chance to react other than taking the offered hand when Cindy began, "Brain chemistry is within norms, but...something...hmmm...elevated anxiety, muscle tension, she's been crying. Heart rate and blood pressure are climbing..." She looked at Jez and said, "Please try to remain calm and...oh...OH!"
Jez wanted to say “WHat?”, but Commander Talion beat her to it.

Looking back at Jez, Cindy was genuinely looking sympathetic, "Forget about him for a moment. I know he's big and scary at times, but he's part surfer and part lab genius, so don't worry. Focus on me for a second. Listen, I was certified for Sick Bay and am Star Fleet qualified...or at least I was. Think of me as the most amazing EMH ever to serve on a ship as a member of the crew. I could teach at the Academy if they allowed such a thing. That said, I have a couple of simple questions, if you're prepared to answer them for me. Menses, how long ago did your last one end and when were you last active?"

Jez chuckled a little, Commander Talion was big, but he was far from scary, he was like an overgrown Teddy Bear, in fact he reminded her in many ways of her Sensi.  Jez nodded as Cindy explained her qualifications and skills, it’s not that it mattered to her, she often preferred EMHs to actual Humanoid Doctors.

“Umm… I’m about three weeks late. I was active about  three months before that. “ Said Jez, as she was a little embarrassed about sharing something so private in front of Commander Talion, her superior and not to mention a man. Jez's grandmother told her that there is just something that should remain a mystery between men and women.

Jez could feel her tears starting to well up again. How could this have happened? Her emotions were churning and boiling like a huge storm, she was mad at herself, but she was more mad at Renkarn Ukinix, he said that he loved her, and she was in love with him and technically speaking it was a good match between the Sixth and Ninth Houses, but to be discarded like an old blouse or an unwanted book; with no regard to her feelings.

Jez thought that Renkarn was her imzadi, they had so much in common, and they liked the same music, foods, and literature. They had a similar view on life. They enjoyed the same vacation spots. He repeatedly said he loved her. Jez couldn’t imagine him not being there, he seemed so genuine and honest, little did she suspect that he was a cruel narcissist.

Jez had no idea why he discarded her, when Jez had her last medical exam and found out that she might be pregnant, but the results were inconclusive. She told Renkarn and he just laughed and said that he wanted nothing to do with her, she was devastated. The question was did this CIndy know for certain? If Cindy was right, what would happen to her?

== Tag Talion. ==
Cindy paused, just standing there with hands on hips, nibbling at her bottom lip, deciding what to do. She let Jez think to herself for a moment, the silence speaking for her. Finally, she puffed ouf her cheeks with a suppressed sigh and began, "There's no doubt here. This is pretty straight forward. You've got a fetal mass that's roughly 3 centimeters and extimated around 30 grams."

She waved her hands and a holographic image of it floated in the air. Cindy was kind enough to make ir appear in wireframe mode, so as not to look too realistic, but the point was made and the shape was obviously not just some random mass growing there.

Cindy then continued, "I'm not officially assigned to this ship as a medical officer. Technically I'm listed as professional equipment, so I don't have to say anything, but..."

Alex finally spoke up, "Jez, you're required to notify yout supervisor. You can stall for about 24 hours. That's enough time for you to go to Sickbay and get an official xam that goes in your records. What happens next is entirely in your hands, but based on your decisions, Star Fleet regulations are pretty clear."

Cindy placed a hand on Jez's shoulder and said, "I can tell from your reaction, this wasn't something you planned. There are options, but I guess it all depends on what you want to do next."

Alex approached and held up a hand as if he was going to try and make an attempt to comfort her, but wasn't sure about it. There was a half second of conflicting emotions that swept across his face, and then he dropped his hand and simply asked, "You okay? I know that it can be a heck of a thing to have dropped on you."

He then ran his finger along the scar on his temple again, his expression one of concern. Nobody said anything for a few seconds, then Rayna slowly entered the room again, this time riding Thor. Well, she rose him until he sat down and she slid down his back.

Looking at Alex, as if he had done something wrong, "Father, did you make Jez cry? It would be very rude for you to make our first guest upset. What sort of precedent would that set? Honestly, I can't take you anywhere."

Her face then lit up when she noticed Cindy, "Hey! He let your out of the box? Awesome! We need to schedule some serious holodeck time on this ship. If I am cooped up in thiese walls the whole time, I'm going to have a psychotic episode, I swear to the fates. Can we go swimming again? I want to go snorkling again while dad does his surfing thing. Cuttlefish are cute, but this time I want to check out another octopus, those things are amazing!"

Cindy gave Jez a soft hug and said into her ear, "You'll figure it out." She then turned you the little girl and smiled, "Have you hypercharged your motivator again? You are just FULL of energy. Yes, we're going to have to find a way to help you keep from being bored. Maybe Thor would like to have a day at the beach as well."

The dog tilted its head and groaned in a comical way before approaching Jez and giving her a nudge with his massive head. Much like its owner, it was big and scary looking, but was actually quite friendly.

== Tag Jez ==
Julia and Surik along with Troy's two animals made it safely onto the ship and in quarters. Troy let out Spike and Dot to get used to their new surroundings and she noticed that there is a couple of spots next to each other the cat and dog. She went into one of the rooms with Surik following to put their uniforms away.

Troy finished with hanging up her uniforms and in one corner of the quarters she set up Dot's scratching post. Julia had set out Spike's and Dot's dishes and filled them before getting ready for the ceremony.

>>>Ten forward>>>
Jez sat there, in silence when Cindy spoke, "There's no doubt here. This is pretty straight forward. You've got a fetal mass that's roughly 3 centimeters and estimated around 30 grams."
Those words hit Jez like a shuttle pod, she was stunned. The words bouncing around in her brain. Jez was trying to think of what she could do.

Jez was so scared, she wished none of this had happened. Jez knew she couldn’t undo what had been done. She had given her most precious gift to a man, a cad, a cruel sadistic beast.

Commander Talion finally spoke up, "Jez, you're required to notify your supervisor. You can stall for about 24 hours. That's enough time for you to go to Sickbay and get an official exam that goes in your records. What happens next is entirely in your hands, but based on your decisions, Star Fleet regulations are pretty clear."  Jez didn’t speak, she was still trying to process.

“What are Star Fleet regulations on this matter, what will happen to me? “ Said Jez, her voice straining with tears. Jez could only imagine what Star Fleet would do, she could only imagine. She would be a single mother. She couldn’t be a Star Fleet Security Officer; as a single mother because it is considered a High risk position. Maybe if she was in Engineering or the Sciences a position that was considered less risky, but if it was a risky assignment a child would be stationed with the parent with the less dangerous assignment, but as a single mother there would be no spouse to send the child to.

“Do you know what he did to me…..Do you know what he said to me……???” Said Jez her voice filled with outrage. “ He called me a filthy half-breed, that my mother should have been killed for giving birth to a mongrel child. He.. took… my love…. He took my love and spat on it and then stomped on it.” Jez was crying again, “He….he… ccc called me, NOTHING.. that I was NOTHINGNOTHING ... .You hear me, he said I was nothing to him.!!” Sobbed Jez. Jez then lifted her tunic to expose her ribs, there were several bruises one in the shape of a boot heel. “He was drunk and he kicked me like a dog.” Said Jez. “He was supposed to be my Imzadi. “ My IMZADI….!!!”

Jez felt a chill run down her spine. She was so afraid now her secret was out in the open.
“ That's why I didn’t want to be retrained, I didn’t want you to find out my shame. I never wanted to disrespect you or Commander Kurasa. He said that I should keep my mouth shut or that he would see to it that my parents' careers and standing in the Scientific Community would be ruined.” Stammered Jez, her voice cracking.

Just then Reyna appeared with Thor and she said,  "Father, did you make Jez cry? It would be very rude for you to make our first guest upset. What sort of precedent would that set? Honestly, I can't take you anywhere."

Whipping her tears away, “No Sweetie, your father is being very kind. I received some unexpected news and he’s helping me find a solution.” Said Jez as she chuckled slightly at  Reyna’s sweetness.

Much to Jez’s surprise Thor tilted his head and groaned in a comical way before approaching Jez and giving her a nudge with his massive head. Much like its owner, it was big and scary looking, but was actually quite friendly.

Well, I guess it’s true when they say pets look like their owners.

Jez sat there for a few moments and patted Thor while she continued to process this whole thing. She had no idea what Star Fleet would do as she had never been in this situation before.

== Tag Talion. ==
Alex put his strong hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eyes, "First, just take a deep breath and let it out. You're safe here. If anyone tried to harm you or anyone else in here, I assure you that I would rip them apart with my own hands. I've faced Borg, so I'm certainly not afraid of..."

His tone took on a firm sort of resolve and his confidence was undeniable as he began, "If you're worried about Star Fleet, don't. They're going to take care of you, one way or another. The first thing that is going to happen is a light duty, because no matter what needs to happen next, you're going to need a medical profile. You have several options, but you will need to confirm with the CMO about what they themselves are willing to do and what you might need to have a specialist for."

He held up a finger, "First option is the most common. You carry the child to term and become a parent. I myself am a single parent, but as you can see, I have many resources at my disposal. I'm not really at liberty to discuss my entire situation, but my life and connections are unique. We can discuss the fate of the biological father another time, but for now let's discuss you..

He held up teo fingers, "Second option, and I mean no offense, but you could terminate it before it becomes viable. I make no presumptions, nor am I expressing a suggested course of action, I'm simply listing choices here and Star Fleet leaves such decisions in the hands of the mother and her doctor."

He held up three fingers, "You could have the child and then it would be raised by someone else. Adoption or other care options are available, but that's a choice."

He held up four fingers, "As I understand it, it is still early enough that there are a number of delay options that might be considered. Depending on the stage of development, it can be frozen. if not, thre is a stasis facility that can keep it from developing further until you're ready to have it implanted again. Such procedures depend on the individual and I'm not sure how many years might be the maximum that they can retain it in that condition, but that's something you could ask about."

He then shrugged and added, "There are also surrogate options, synthetic options and the CMO might even have a few others that I haven't thought of yet."

Cindy gave Alex a look and with hands on hips again said, "Don't look at me. Sarah made a good mom, but don't even start on that with me. This little force of nature is more than I can handle."

Alex chuckled, "Don't worry, that's something I think that would require a few upgrades, if you know what I mean."

Looking back at Jez, he became more serious again, "I'm serious though. The first thing you need to decide is what YOU want here. We're not going to judge you or decide it for you. I assure you that whatever you decide is what we're going to help you to deal with. You're not in some backwater colony. You have the finest technology in the galaxy at your disposal. I think perhaps I've said enough for now, but trust me when I say that I have certainly dealt with more complicated and difficult decisions of life and death. You should take a moment to think hard and search your own feelings on this. This is not about that man. It isn't about your parents or your co-workers. First and foremost, this is about you. Forget about everything else until you think about THAT. Once you know how you feel about that, then we take things one step at a time."

He paused and made sure she was looking at him, "Jez? Did you hear me? WE will then take it a step at a time. You're part of this crew now. If you don't think that means something, then you have even more to learn than you thought."

Jez had sat back down and Thor came over and laid his big head in her lap. He gave a groan and looked at her with overgrown puppy eyes.

Reyna said to her, "Thor likes you."

== Tag Jez ==
Jez didn’t know what to think, she had no idea on how to raise a child, she was so young barely out of her childhood herself.  When Commander Talion said that she was safe, she had to admit that here in Talions quarter she truly felt safe, the love between Commander Talion, Cindy, Reyna and the loveable Thor made her feel relaxed.

Commander Talion seemed to go into what Jez would describe as fatherly mode, "If you're worried about Star Fleet, don't. They're going to take care of you, one way or another. The first thing that is going to happen is a light duty, because no matter what needs to happen next, you're going to need a medical profile. You have several options, but you will need to confirm with the CMO about what they themselves are willing to do and what you might need to have a specialist for."

Jez wasn’t sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing, She wasn’t sure how comfortable she was Star Fleet being so entrenched in her personal affairs, but on a more fundamental level it was reassuring; knowing that someone had her back,

Commander Talion spelled out the possible options available to Jez, "First option being carry the baby to term, being a single parent.  Jez wasn’t sure if that would be the best option, being a single mom raising a child on a star ship, maybe if she was on a Star Base or a planet.Add to it that Renkarn would demand visitation rights and Jez didn’t want that and knowing the laws of the Federation and especially the laws of Betazed Renkarn had parental rights which meant that he would be entrenched in her life for the foreseeable future. 

The Second option,an abortion, to terminate the baby. But Jez was conflicted as she considered all life sacred and to kill an unborn baby was just unthinkable, but she didn’t want to necessarily raise a child that could grow up to be a cruel sadistic clod like Renkarn.

The third option would be to put the baby up for adoption, but how could she carry a baby and then put it up for adoption, Betazoids develop very strong bonds with their children while they are in the womb, but there was still the possibility that the child could be a sadistic bum like Renkarn

The fourth option, freezing the fetus or putting it is a long term stasis with the possibility of a surrogate carrying the baby or a, synthetic option  Jez wasn’t knee on the idea of a computer raising a baby, it was like abandoning the baby on a doorstep like some wicked step mother in a fairytale the only thing missing was the wicked witch.

Thor came over and laid his big head in her lap. He gave a groan and looked at her with overgrown puppy eyes. Causing Jez to smile. She likes him very much.

Reyna said to her, "Thor likes you."

Jez smiled and said. “Oh, I like him as well. He is adorable. He reminds me of your father. ” Said Jez, with a playful smile on her face.

Jez let the option process in her brain for a few minutes. She had no idea what the best options were for her. Jez’s emotions were all over the place, She felt like an idiot that this whole thing ever happened, she felt miserable at the idea of aborting the baby, but she felt even more horrible at the idea of raising a child without a husband , or even worse giving the baby away to a total stranger. She knew that she couldn’t give the baby to her parents or they would ignore the baby, they would raise the baby the way they raised her, they would ignore the baby and focus on their careers.

As Jez sat there she watched Reyna, here was what appeared to be a well adjusted child, being raised by a single dad and what she could only describe as a very unique collection of Nannies; that only added to her confusion she had no practical experience raising children, she didn’t even have a pet as a child to care for. Maybe if she had she might understand how to care for something that required care.

Suddenly another option occurred to her, she could have the baby, she could have the baby and leave it with her Grandmother, that way the baby would be safe living on a planet, being raised by a comfortable  environment with an amazing woman. They do say that one is a product of one’s environment and her Grandmother was wonderful, cultured, caring and loving.

Jez’s emotions were churning going from sadness to regret to anger, to uncertainty. It’s not like Star Fleet had classes, Unwed Mothers 101, or Advanced Child Rearing

“Well I think the first thing would be to confirm Cindy’s diagnosis, then depending on what Doctor Lim finds, I would then inform Commander Kurasa. “ Said Jez. “ Commander Talion, I want to thank you for all your assistance, friendship and kindness." Added Jez. Jez whipped away a few stray tears.

Jez got up, she took a deep breath, Jez and Commander Talion had discussed a great deal of options, but it was getting late.

“Commander, it is getting late. I want to go to my quarters, get some sleep, I need to think about what I’m going to do. Tomorrow morning I will go see Doctor Lim and confirm Cindy’s diagnosis. “ Said Jez. She quickly gave Commander Talion a quick peck on his cheek and a gentle hug to show her gratitude for all that he has done.

>> Jez's quarters. >>

== Tag Talion. ==
When Jez mentioned that Thor reminded her of Alex, Reyna giggled and wrinkled her nose at the thought. Alex could sympathize with the conflict within Jez.

"Life on a ship can be dangerous and it isn't always the best choice. I was very in love with my wife and I thought I would never recover from her loss. Then I discovered that Reyna had been born. We might make it look easy, but she has had a very strong synthetic influence on her life to this point. I can say that her environment has been rather unique, so I don't suggest using us as a good comparison. I suppose I'm the last person to have a right to caution about bringing life into the universe without thinking it through, but there is much to consider. Think carefully about it before you decide to commit someone to a life. Once you set things in motion, you will have very little control of anything after that point."

Reyna went to Alex and he picked her up,. She smiled at him and said, "I never got to meet mommy. I know it sometimes makes you sad when you talk about her, but there's always something else too." She touched her forehead to his, "When you are thinking about her, I can see her through your eyes and there's this wonderful warm feeling that takes my breath away. She was so pretty. You loved her SO much...and still do."

Alex returned her smile and replied, "Always..."

He then set her down and Jez seemed to have come to terms with her situation. There was a plan and she had much to think about in the near future.

Still in the fatherly mode, Alex said, "You know where to find me. Keep me posted."

Thor gave her hand a lick with his big tongue and walked her to the door.

After Jez left, Reyna stood there staring at her father with eyes wide, apparently waiting for him to say something. He looked at her and shrugged, "What?"

Rolling her eyes, Reyna asked what seemed the obvious question to her, "Dad, why did she kiss you?"

Alex blushed and now his eyes went wide. He pointed at the door, struggling to explain, "No, that's not...I mean...yes, technically she did, but...it was only on the cheek. It was like a thank you kiss, not a kiss that says I want to kiss you more kind of kiss."

Now, imitating Cindy, Reyna put her hands on her tiny hips, giving him a doubtful look, "Oh really? You only just met her today, so you can't know her very well. If I brought some boy home that I just met today and he kissed me at the door, how would you feel about that?"

Alex raised a finger and moved to speak, but then stopped himself, seeing the look on his daughter's face that was almost daring him to say the wrong thing. Cindy cringed at the prospect of him trying to navigate this minefield, which was only a sign of things to come in the years that would surely follow. Alex bit back the words he wanted to say and after a second, replied in a calm tone, "You make a very good point. I may have misjudged the moment. I suppose that it is only right that you be allowed to approach her on the subject when we see her next. I would certainly want to be able to do so in your hypothetical case. Do we have an accord?"

At first, Reyna was shocked by the idea. Then, as he father explained his point, she was satisfied with his terms. With a tiny bow of her head, she said, "Thank you. Yes, we have an accord."

Alex let out a silent sigh. These sort of things were nothing like the books he had been reading. It appeared that his daughter was most certainly not a typical little girl. He had his hands full and he knew it.

== Thanks Jez and there is room for you to comment or reply if needed. ==
As Jez was about to leave, she paused briefly. Commander Talion had given her a lot to think about. He had given her so many options to consider in many ways he reminded her if her Brother Commander Sothrick and her beloved Teddy Bear, like Commander Talion both men were full of wisdom. Jez loved her father, but she wasn’t close to him.

She turned slightly, “Commander, I was wondering.. Umh.. That is to say, I was hoping that if you weren’t busy tomorrow, could you possibly see your way to accompany me to sickbay tomorrow. You know, for moral support?” Said, Jez her voice a mixture of uncertainty and sadness.

>> Jez's quarters. >>
As Jez was leaving, she stopped to ask him a question. It caught him a little by surprise. Her situation was obviously a very personal one and it seemed that she would have asked only a close friend to accompany her, but just as quickly, he realized that perhaps she didn't have such a person to call upon right now. Given that he was already aware of her situation, and...

Alex lowered his head and a little smile formed on his face as he realized that she trusted him, which was important right now. Given what she had said, her trust in men was rather injured, but he had apparently impressed on her that he was concerned for her well being and having someone to lean on was a rare thing for her.

He gave a warm reply, "Of course."
Jez returned to her quarters, she plopped down on her bed, and She stared up at the ceiling. The conversation in Commander Talion's quarters was intense, to say the least, she had never thought that she would be pregnant at such a young age.

Jez remembered what Teddy Bear told her, when you have a difficult decision to make, make a Ben Franklin fact sheet.

Pro: I would be bringing a new life into the Universe.
Pro: By having the baby I would hold onto my
Pro: If I carry the baby to term I could put it up for adoption and make a couple who possibly can't have a baby happy.
Pro: I could raise the baby and not make the mistakes my parents made with me.
Pro: Placing the baby in Cryo Stasis would allow me time to mature and develop parenting skills. 
Con: I would be less effective as a Security Officer.
Con: Aborting the bay would make me a murderer and violate my belief that all life is sacred.
Con: The Cryo stasis could be destroyed.
Con: I would have to deal with Renkarn Ukinix.

Jez reviewed her list and the Pro’s outnumbered the Con’s, but only by one. The truth was no one knows for certain what the future holds, Jez and the baby could get killed, and they could be transferred to a Planetary post or a Star Base.

I could have my  Grandmother raise the baby and I could spend Holidays and my annual shore leave on Betazed with my Grandmother and my child. What are you thinking, you haven’t a clue on how to be a mother…!!

Jez went to the replicator and got a green tea. She sat at her desk,  “Computer, what is a mother?”

{ Working….! Mother  Is a female who  brings up (a child) with care and affection. A mother looks after (someone) kindly and protectively, sometimes excessively so.care for, take care of,  nurture, nurse, protect, cherish, tend, raise, rear, pamper, coddle, cosset, baby, overprotect, overparent, fuss over, indulge, spoil, to give birth to an infant.]

Jez listened to the computer, it didn’t really help. Jez sat there for a while, she thought about it, if she was going to raise a child, she needed to know what it means to be a parent, a mother.  Jez began her research.

“Computer download all available texts on Parenting and child rearing to this station.” Said Jez.

[ There are sixty million  terabytes of data in the Federation Database on this subject.] Replied the computer. 
Jez shook her head by the time she read all that information the baby would be a grandparent itself. Jez had to narrow this down a bit. She was half Betazoid and half Vulcan. She decided to download  the Betazoid and Vulcan and HUman information on Parenting and child-rearing.

“Computer download the Betazoid, Vulcan and Human  Information  on Parenting and child rearing and create a comparative  overview.” Instructed Jez.

[ Working, it will take several hours to complete.] Replied the computer.

Jez then slipped into bed, as she had a busy day tomorrow.
Jez didn’t sleep particularly well. She tossed and turned all night. She got up and sat in her bed for a few minutes. She had studied so much about Parenting and what it meant to be a parent, especially what went into being a Mother.

Jez had wished that she was closer with her parents, but with them being so focused on their careers, finding the next dig site, discovering the newests ruins. Ancient artifacts were more important than their children, research papers to their focus. It’s not that they were bad parents, it's just that their kids were old enough to walk, they were often left in the care of someone else, except the time Jez spent with her Grandmother.

Jez went to the replicator and got herself some breakfast of mixed berries, and mineral water. She particularly liked the strawberries, blueberries, black berries and raspberries; as they were loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. 

Jez sat at her computer terminal,  the computer had completed her comparison on Betazoid, Vulcan and Human Parenting and child-rearing theories. The report was very extensive, it would take her at least two days to go through it all. She didn’t realize how complicated and controversial parenting could be.

After a shower and a little makeup Jez stood looking at herself in the mirror, she took a pillow off her bed and put it under her tunic, trying to picture herself pregnant.

Oh great, give me a beard and I’ll look like Teddy Bear. Thought Jez.

Jez took out the pillow and straightened her uniform. She took several deep breaths. She did feel somewhat better after her talk with Commander Talionk, he was truly kind and gentle. For some strange reason Thor, Commander Talions dog popped into her head; it was remarkable4 how Thor reminded her of Commander Talion, both were solidly built, looked stern, but were really gentle giants. Which in turn reminded her of Commander Sothrick, her former Captain and friend.

Why can’t I find a man like Talion and Sothrick? Will I ever find my Imzadi.? Thought Jez.

Once Jez was satisfied that she was presentable. She made her way to Commander Talion’s quarters.  She stood outside the door.  She tapped the door chime to announce that she was outside. Hopefully he would go with her to Sickbay, for moral support.

== Tag Talion. ==
== NPC Lt Andromeda Tate ==
== LCdr Kurasa's Quarters ==
== Before the day of the Change of Command ==

Once things had settled down Andrea finally decided to let Shione know why she was really there.

"Shione, you need to know why I am actually here. It isn't exactly Star Fleet business, but it is Federation business. I don't want to to jump to any conclusions, but I'm here to check on one of your people. An official memorandum has been sent to your Commanding Officer, but with everyone so busy and the changing over of crew, I don't want things to get lost in translation. I want you and your Chain of Command to be aware of my visit, so that they don't feel defensive about this in any way."

She had tried to soften the blow the best she could, but knew Shione and that she wouldn't want her to drag this out any longer, "I'm here to speak with Ensign Jez Mala. She was mentioned in a report from her last mission and I need to check on her. This isn't about wrong doing or anything punitive. It is intended as...well...a verification of sorts. I need to verify her side of things...as a Betazoid. I was also her Counselor that saw her as a patient after the mission prior, so this qualifies as a follow up on a patient and will be treated as such in her records, but I'm worried about her. That's all I can really say at this time, but I think that you understand that her privacy dictates that I really can't give you any more information than that."

== Tag Kurasa ==
== Talion's Quarters ==

The door swished open almost immediately. Cindy was there, still dressed the same as before, but then again, holograms didn't really wear clothes, did they. She greeted Jez with a warm smile and waved her inside.

After a couple of steps, she asked, "Have you eaten? Can I get you anything?"

Reyna was sitting at the table, eating a breakfast that looked to be some sort of omlet, with several ingredients, as well as some bacon Some kind of bread and what was perhaps some kind of gravy on the side. There was also a small bowl of fruit she was nibbling on in the rotation of items. The girl glanced up from a book she had next to her and waved at Jez, but then instantly returned to what she was doing.

Alex was seated at the table as well, dressed much as he had been when Jez left last. He was reading something on a PADD and sipping at a steaming mug of something that was likely some kind of exotic coffee. The rich scent of a mocha java was in the air, along with the other breakfast smells. There was an expression on his face of gentle concern, but there was a hint of a grin with it as well. He waited until she got closer before his deep and smooth question was spoken, "How are you doing this morning?"

== Tag Jez ==
==LCdr Kurasa's Quarters ==
== Before the day of the change of Command ==

Shione sat in complete silence as Andromeda laid out her reasons for being on the Aquila as well as why they were now both talking. Since the earlier conversation with Alex and Jez she has been wrestling with what she should be doing to address the attitude and behavior of Ensign Mala.
She had given the Ensign a direct order that moving forward she was not to employ her telepathic abilities without express permission from her and as her DH she had every right to give that order; especially after Shione had witnessed a telepathic conversation on the bridge earlier in the day.
But if Tate was involved then there was more to it. It was clear to her that her previous CO and DH had proven to be atrocious examples of what constituted appropriate behaviour and decorum as an officer and now Shione was left to try and pick up the pieces.
But; if Andromeda was here for medical reasons, then there was more involved ; especially as there was no evidence of the actions on the bridge, and Shione had gone over the same mission report and was preparing to work to assist Mala in overcoming her misconceptions.

Andromeda would sense the gears moving in the Security Chief's eyes and posture and once Andromeda finished what she had to say Shione sat up, addressing the Lieutenant directly. Andromeda knew Shione but there was more of an edge to the woman than the Counselor remembered seeing. Shione had obviously had some rough times herself and as Shione gathered herself to speak Tate could actually see the Security chief calm herself.

"I am more aware of this situation than you likely know. I reprimanded Ensign Mala for an observed use of her Telepathy and I gave her a direct order that going forward she was NOT to employ her telepathic talents without my express permission, but if you are here talking to me then it would seem that there is more involved.
I do respect the confidentiality of the Medical profession, BUT."

As she paused Shione directly met Andromeda's gaze, and as she did the Counselor suddenly realized why Shione was such a respected Security Chief. Even without employing her own talents, Andromeda could feel the weight of LCdr Kurasa's personality as their gazes locked.

"Ensign Mala is one of MY officers and given the size and scope of this ship and the likelihood of it being assigned dangerous and difficult missions I need all of my officers on the job. If she cannot perform those duties then serious decisions as to her future need to be made. I respect the privacy rights with regards to medical treatments, but I cannot afford an open-ended investigation and still have my department operating at expected levels; so, either you and or the Command staff need to deal with this quickly. Commander Talion IS involved as well and he is someone you should be talking to as Mala seems to have made a connection to Alex."

Shione took a deep breath and the focus she had just displayed with Tate, relaxed and she gave a tentative smile. "Bottom line; I will be involved in some way and to some degree in this intervention, because as important as it is to respect medical privacy, I will be damned if I am going to put a phaser in Mala's hand and send her on an away team until I Am Certain, that she is fit for duty."

Shione paused, likely for effect; "And I need that determination to be done as swiftly as possible; do you understand, Lieutenant Andromeda Tate?"

==Tag Tate==
Jez was a bit startled when the door swished open, to reveal the Holographic Swiss Army knife of a Hologram known as Cindy, she was still dressed as she had been last night. Jez liked Cindy, but she was a bit concerned. Did Commander Talion want Cindy barefoot and pregnant as the Terran’s say? Not that she thought that Cindy was pregnant, but she thought that Commander Talion would at least provide Cindy with some change of clothing.

Jez took a few steps inside, "Have you eaten? Can I get you anything?" Inquired Cindy.

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt your Breakfast, No thank you Cindy, I’ve already eaten, but Thank You anyway.

Jez returned Reyna’s wave. “Good morning Reyna, where’s your companion, referring to Thor.
She really liked the dog.

"How are you doing this morning?" Said Commander Talion. “Oh, I’m doing well, I’m a bit tired. I was up late reading up on being a parent, especially about being a mother. “ Said Jez, her voice sounding a little weak and tired.

“Commander Talion, I was hoping ...well what I mean to say is that I… I… was wondering if you wouldn’t mind accompanying me to sickbay this morning for moral support, Plus, I have a few questions.'' Said Jez, her voice just a little nervous.

Jez could feel a knot forming in her stomach.

== Tag Talion. ==
Tate nodded understanding to Shione, "Yes, I am aware of your position in this. It is also appropriate for me to inform her Chain of Command about any official situation. Just be aware that I'm here in what might be considered a civilian and more diplomatic capacity. I don't want Jez to feel that I am Star Fleet coming to invade her personal space. I have seen her as my patient, in connection with Star Fleet, but there are certain concerns that wander outside those channels and into a bigger picture that makes it a Federation issue. As a Medical Counselor, I can walk both paths here. I've had a private practice outside of Star Fleet and I will not be wearing my rank on this visit, if it is possible to be avoided. I don't want the medical staff to feel I'm stepping on their toes either, yet I need to inform them of my findings, as pertains to their records. Trust in that we all want the same thing here, but it needs to be handled softly and not with a hammer and pry bar. I promise that I will do my best to have this resolved and your troop will be cleared for duty as swiftly and painlessly as I can manage."

== Tag Kurasa ==
== Talion's Quarters ==

When Jez inquired about Thor, there was a soft huff sound from inside the adjacent bedroom. His large form could be seen hopping down from where he had been relaxing on top of Reyna's bed. He then slowly strolled over and nudged Jez with the side of his big head.

When Jez asked Alex her question, Alex stopped raising his cup as it was half way to taking another sip. His brain insisted that she had already asked him this question the night before, so he had to presume that she had been so upset and that her thoughts were so confused that she didn't recall. This was verified by the fact that the emotions she was broadcasting were extremely mixed and there was a buzz of confusing and conflicting thoughts in the air that he had to make a deliberate effort to tune out.

He finally took that sip of life sustaining beverage and then replied, "Yes, of course. We might want to try and get in there before the morning gets too busy. I also don't know what sort of meetings might try to call me away. This is something that should be an acceptable walk-in at morning Sick-Call hours. They have procedures to follow and you just need to be prepared for the decisions they're going to present you with. I want to warn you though, that it will also be up to the Captain to decide if you will be allowed to remain on the ship, once they confirm you're pregnant. I'm willing to put latinum on the fact that you're not going to be kicked off the ship, but it is always an option that they might want to leave you on the base and request a replacement for you. Children might not be a problem on the ship, but having an officer that can't do their duties on a ship can be a problem, especially when we're going to not be 100% manned right out of the dock."

Alex wagged a finger and added, "Your Department Head is NOT going to be happy about this surprise either. You might not think that's your fault, but it is. Given the availability of control over your reproductive habits and choices these days, there is no reason that this should be a surprise to you right now. Your failure to plan for this event is on you. The best you can do with that little fact is to accept it now and just roll with it. Your Chain of Command is not going to want to hear excuses and sob stories. They're going to be hearing about a problem that you're informing them about and the best thing you can do to soften that blow is to tell them what your plan is or how willing you are to try and make it as little of their problem as possible. Right now, they're expecting you to show up for a shift and be the muscle that is going to protect the crew of this ship. You're about to upset that plan in a very big way. Don't expect them to be happy about that. Fortunately, most people are still happy about baby stuff if you're happy about baby stuff, but I'm not getting near that crazy interactive hysteria."

Reyna didn't look up from what she was reading, but wrinkled her nose and commented, "How can you NOT know you were getting pregnant? The process is pretty hard to misunderstand."

Alex looked at his daughter and cleared his throat. Reyna paused a second before saying, "What I meant to say was, have a wonderful day."

Alex then looked at Jez and stood to put on his jacket and make himself look more official and less relaxed, "Good luck with reading your way into parenthood. I can tell you that NOTHING you read is going to actually prepare you for the real thing. There is always the theoretical side and then there is the practical application side. The two are often very different in reality."

== Tag Jez ==
Jez smiled as Thor nudged her, she enjoyed the dog, he was nog and friendly like Commander Talion. Jez knelt and patted Thor. Jez watched as Commander Talion was enjoying a cup of coffee, the scent of a mocha java hung in the air like a thick fog.

"Yes, of course. Said Talion, he then went on to explain how the Captain could expel her from the ship, and replace her, but she knew that already; that was one of the reasons she was so scared. Jez had never met Captain Brooks, she had heard he was tough, but fair.

Commander Talion then did what seemed to be a genetic predisposition among older men, the finger wag, and then launched into a lecture about how  Commander Kurasa would react. Adding to it what the Command staff expected of her. Jez knew what was expected of her and she knew that she would do an excellent job even if she was pregnant.

Jez had really hoped that she would be able to meet the Captain under normal circumstances, How would she even greet him?

Ensign Jez Mala, oh and  by the way I’m pregnant. Oh that would go over really well.

Jez stood up and listened to Commander Talion finish his fatherly lecture. Once he was finished she let out a soft sigh.  She knew that he was just giving her the best advice he could.

Jez couldn’t help but smile when Reyna spoke, "How can you NOT know you were getting pregnant? The process is pretty hard to misunderstand."

Jez had to smile, to see the world through the simple eyes of a child. Life is not a Fairytale, where two people fall in love and then live Happily ever after, The idea of raising a child with Renkarn Ukinix made Jez physically ill. Renkarn Ukinix embodied everything that was vile to Jez. He was arrogant, narcissistic and thought that because he was of the Ninth House he was somehow better. She had no desire to raise a child with someone like that. Jez looked at Commander Talion and Reyna longingly if she could only have met a man as kind and intelligent as Commander Talion to have a child with.

Commander Talion then looked at Jez and stood and then put on his jacket and made himself look more official and less relaxed, "Good luck with reading your way into parenthood. I can tell you that NOTHING you read is going to actually prepare you for the real thing. There is always the theoretical side and then there is the practical application side. The two are often very different in reality."  He said.

“Oh I know that, the stuff I read was conflicting to say the least. “ said Jez, her tone a little sullen. “I'm ready whenever you are. “ Said Jez as she made her way out the door.

>> Enroute to  Sickbay.>>
== Talion's Quarters ==

Alex leaned over and kissed Reyna on the top of her head, causing her to smile. There was a brief moment where Jez saw a flash of the woman that must have been her mother. It was from Alex's perspective, looking into her eyes and there was an overwhelming feeling of love there. It was quite simple really. This was a father looking at his child and being reminded of the love that had brought her into being and how much he missed that woman. At the same time, he saw so much of her in this child, that he hoped she might grow up a bit like that woman, yet part of him feared it as well. There was a touch of sorrow as he recalled the emptiness that came with her death as well. So many bold images that were almost a slap across the face in how they struck the inner mind.

It only lasted a second, then Alex gave his uniform a final tug and headed out the door with Jez.

>>> Sickbay >>>
<< Sickbay.<<

Jez went and got a glass of Mineral water from the replicator, she sat one her bunk.

Commander Talion you are a truly one of a kind man, I wish I could have a man like you?

Dr. Lim brought up many excellent points. Did she have any obligation to inform Renkarn that she was pregnant. What would he do if he knew Jez was pregnant? What if he wanted custody of the baby, would she have to give the baby to him. Yes Star Fleet wasn’t exactly an ideal place one would raise a child, but it wasn’t the worst either. What if Star Fleet made her give the baby to Renkarn, Jez was only an Ensign and Star Fleet wouldn’t want to cause an Interstellar Incident and offend one of the House of Betazed.

Jez sat there, her pulse pounding in her ear like a drum, It’s not that Jez was a horrible person, it’s just that she believed that children don’t turn out right without a man in the child's life. Studies have proven that a child with a man in their life does better in school, and deals with stress better. kids from two-parent households are less likely to have behavioral issues. They're more likely to reach educational milestones. They're less likely to get in trouble with the law. All things that set them up to be in a better position to thrive in life, but raising a child as a single parent wasn’t fair to the child, Chances were good that Jez could get assigned to a high profile mission, a mission she could get killed on, or one that would prohibit her from bringing a child with her. She didn’t know how Commander Talion did it.

Maybe if her parents hadn’t dragged her from digsite to digsite and raised her in a conventional way she wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place. Jez’s feelings towards her parents were mixed, she loved them but at the same time she hated them, Their work was more important than their children. Jez and her parents never had the “Facts of LIfe” Chatt that all parents have with their children. Yes, she understood the basics, the mechanical aspect of romantic relationships, but she didn’t understand the deeper more complex aspects of relationships like just because a man says he loves you doesn’t mean that he does, Just because one man acts kind and considerate doesn’t mean all men do. She couldn’t discuss these issues with her older siblings as they were raised in the same manner as she was.

Yes, maybe Jez was a fool, maybe she was naive, but she really believed that Renkarn Ukinix had loved her. She remembered how they met. She was invited to a party while she was on leave. She liked spending her shore leave on New Argus the city of New Berlin was a trendy place, full of museums, art galleries, a center of culture and learning a friend of hers invited her to a party at a very posh upscale Andorian art gallery, there she spotted the most handsome man Renkarn Ukinix. He was tall, with broad shoulders, he had a powerlifters build, black wavy hair, a smile so bright it was blinding, and his eyes were black as ripe olives, he was dressed in designer clothes that covered a muscular body. He clearly had more than two strips of latinum to rub together.

He smiled at her, the two engaged in small talk, he told her of his family's vast holdings that he was from the Ninth House, a very noble and proud Betazoid family. Renkarn bragged about his parents being Diplomats, how his family was powerful. They had gone out on the Balcony, there was a gentle breeze, there was a light scent of flowers in the air, the moon was bright, He said how beautiful she was, he said that she was, “Very exotic.” He then kissed her, he took her in his powerful arms and kissed her again. It was the start of a wonderful romance, she enjoyed spending time with him, the two would exchange letters and subspace messages. Renkarn wined and dined her, he gave her rare and expensive gifts. Renkarn is eight years older than Jez. Their romance went on for several months. Jez was convinced that she had found her Imzadi, but when she suspected that she was pregnant, she told him. She told him that she was pregnant and his entire personality changed.

Renkarn went from being kind and sensitive to cold and distant . Jez will never forget the night that she told him, he became enraged. He knocked her to the floor, he began kicking her in the stomach, her called her vile, filthy names. He said that she was nothing, a filthy half breed, that her mother should be killed for introducing Vulcan blood into Betazoid society. He said Jez was just another mongrel b**ch bringing another mongrel into the world. He said that she was nothing, just a waste of skin. Jez didn’t know if he was kicking her in the stomach to kill the baby or to just hurt her?

A tear rolled down her cheek, she really thought that Renkarn was her Imzadi. Jez touched her stomach and looked down at it, . “Don’t worry, I will never let anyone hurt you.” Said Jez, her voice firm and confident.
<< Sick Bay.<<

Jez picked up the Stasis tube from the hover cart. She carefully placed it on her bed. She placed a pillow on either side to prevent it from rolling off the bed. She then went to the replicator and replicated a crib like device, she then replicated a large mat to place under the crib, she had to create a depression in the center of the mattress to ensure that the Cryo-Tube was cradled, she took every precaution she could.

“Computer, monitor the Cryo-Stasis Tube and alert me and Medical and Engineering if the temperature rises over -200c, also monitor the Cryo-Stasis Tube and report the status to me, Medical and Engineering every two hours.” Instructed Jez.

[ Working ... .Monitoring and Cryo-Stasis Tube status alerts set.] Replied the computer.

Jez double checked to make sure that everything was set and ready to go. Jez had been through a lot these last few days, she replicated a cup of Black Tea. She still wasn’t sure what she was going to say to her parents.

Jez sat on the floor with her legs crossed and began meditating, she began breathing deep, slowly in and out, clearing her mind; recentering her thoughts. Her mind wandered on different thoughts and images, her eyes were shut and tiny colored specks danced around large fields of various colors. Her heartbeat was slowing, she felt the stress leaving her body. Her mind was clear. After several minutes all her thoughts were silent, the only thing she could hear was her own breathing. Her conscience was floating

Aummmhh….aummmhh…aummmhh….aummmhh…aummmhh.

Jez felt wonderful, the events of this last week were becoming a distant memory.

== Tag All. ==
Jemmeditated for about an hour, she double-checked the Cryo-stasis unit, it appeared to be functioning properly. Jez then straightened up her quarter, not that they needed much. Jez was a minimalist after all, with a few pillows, a framed picture of her Sensi Michael (Teddy Bear) Denton, and a Sparring Mannequin, which did double duty as a Dress Mannequin; it didn't take long for the quarters to be whipped into shape.

Jez attempted to send her parents a message regarding recent events, but she didn’t know how to explain things, and nothing seemed appropriate. She wasn’t sure if this news was the kind of news that should be sent via subspace. She couldn't help but think that the news should be delivered in person.

Jez decided to listen to some music. She found a soft romantic song in her musical database.

“ Computer play, Rihanna -Diamonds.” Said Jez

[ Working…] Replied the computer.

Before the computer could start Jez decided to do something else. She wanted to be around people.

“Computer Stop.” Said Jez.

>> Ten Forward.>>
== Individual timeline, so as to not conflict with anything else... ==

== NPC Lt Tate ==

Jez Mala's door chimed. When it opened, it revealed Lt Tate, dressed in civilian business attire, but still smiling warmly and giving off that motherly vibe she always seemed to have about her.

"Hello, Jez. Do you have a minute?"

== Tag Jez ==
== This post takes place before Jez leaves for Ten Forward. ==

Jez was getting ready to go to Ten Forward when her door chime sounded. She was a little surprised as she wasn’t expecting anyone. Oh, maybe it’s Commander Talion checking in on me, thought Jez.

Jez activated the door and it swished open, to reveal her friend Lt. Tate. She wasn’t dressed in her uniform, but rather civilian Clothes.

“Oh…oh.. Lt. Tate, won’t you come in?”, Said Jez motioning to the sofa.

Jez remembered that Lt. Tate wanted to talk with her the other day in Sick Bay but to tell the truth, it had slipped her mind.  Jez waited for her to take a seat.

“Can I offer you a refreshment, Coffee, Tea, Fruit Juice, perhaps?’  Said Jez her tone was warm and welcoming.

Jez could only imagine what Lt. Tate wanted to talk about. It had been a while since they had spoken, The last time was when Jez was required to see a Counselor after the next to the last mission she was on back on the Geronimo, when all the telepaths were overwhelmed. Jez enjoyed the time they had spent together. Jez felt comfortable with Lt. Tate, she was kind and considerate, at least Jez thought so.

== Tag Tate. ==
== NPC Lt Tate ==

Andrea stepped an and looked around as she agreed, "Yes, an herbal tea would be nice. I believe Herbal Tea number 9 is the one I like that has licorise root in it. Thank you."

Taking a seat on the couch, she said, "I hope you got everything worked out to your satisfaction, the other day. I can understand why you were a bit upset. I didn't mean to intrude, but you were very unfocused and your emotions were quite evident. How are you doing?"
Jez went over to the replicator as Lt. Tate sat down. “Herbal Tea, Number coming right up” Said Jez.

As Jez waited for the replicator to respond Jez thought carefully about Lt. Tate’s question, "I hope you got everything worked out to your satisfaction, the other day. I can understand why you were a bit upset. I didn't mean to intrude, but you were very unfocused and your emotions were evident. How are you doing?"

While on the surface that was a pretty straightforward question, on another level it was a very complex question. Does anyone ever get anything resolved to their satisfaction? Jez mulled that over in her mind for a moment.

“Well I just finished an hour's meditation, I’m focused. As far as my personal problem. Commander Talion has helped me resolve it for now, but there could be lingerie issues that I may have to deal with.” Said Jez as she handed Lt. Tate her Tea.

Jez had been overwhelmed with the events of the past few months, being transferred from the Geronimo to the Aquila to a ship the size of the Aquila, her pregnancy, and the possible legal issues with Renkarn, she felt as if the world was hitting her from all sides, but she was strong and capable of handling most situations,

“I’m fine, but something tells me that you're not here to catch up on my social life” Saids Jez, as she smiled.

== Tag Tate.
== NPC Lt Tate ==

Andrea confessed, "You're right, of course. I'm not here to discuss your social life, though I am interested in your emotional health. I'm also interested in what happened on your last mission. I've had this same sort of conversation with your previous Department Head, but I need to understand it from your perspective to find the truth. You see, even when I see it myself, I interpret things in my own mind. You yourself know, as an investigator, eyewitness testimony is difficult to use as evidence, because it is subject to what the person thinks was the situation, but may not actually be based on fact. That's where I need your help."

Andrea paused and then got the the heart of things, "With your permission, I would like to put you under hypnosis, so that I might obtain your best recall of the mission details. Don't worry, nobody is in trouble or anything and there no repercussions from doing this. We're simply worried that if there was a misunderstanding or a lack of training, we need to be sure that we do everything necessary to correct that. This isn't for Star Fleet. This comes from the Federation Institute for Paranormal Aptitude. If it turns out that everything is fine, then I say no more and I am out of your hair. The worst that could happen is that I discover that we have failed you in some way and I assist you in remedying that as quickly and simply as possible. Does this sound agreeable to you?"

== Tag Jez ==
Jez sat and listened to what Lt. Tate said about their last mission. Andrea confessed, “I am interested in your emotional health. I'm also interested in what happened on your last mission. I've had this same sort of conversation with your previous Department Head, but I need to understand it from your perspective to find the truth. You see, even when I see it myself, I interpret things in my own mind. You yourself know, as an investigator, eyewitness testimony is difficult to use as evidence, because it is subject to what the person thinks was the situation, but may not actually be based on fact. That's where I need your help." Jez nodded her head as if to say, “I understand, go on.” But she didn’t say anything.

Jez tilted her head slightly, she didn’t recall anything odd or unusual. She didn’t recall Commander Said having any problems. Jez felt a little uncomfortable. She didn’t like fingering someone in the dark. The truth was Jez hated the way the mission on Graves world was left. Captain Wilson did a horrible thing, innocent people were hurt and she didn’t face justice.

Lt. Tate then said, "With your permission, I would like to put you under hypnosis, so that I might obtain your best recall of the mission details. Don't worry, nobody is in trouble or anything and there no repercussions from doing this. We're simply worried that if there was a misunderstanding or a lack of training, we need to be sure that we do everything necessary to correct that. This isn't for Star Fleet. This comes from the Federation Institute for Paranormal Aptitude. If it turns out that everything is fine, then I say no more and I am out of your hair. The worst that could happen is that I discover that we have failed you in some way and I assist you in remedying that as quickly and simply as possible. Does this sound agreeable to you?"

The thing that caught Jez’s attention the most was when Lt. Tate said, “We're simply worried that if there was a misunderstanding or a lack of training, we need to be sure that we do everything necessary to correct that.”

“Excuse me a moment. “I'll be right back. I have to check on my baby.”  Said Jez.  Jez went to her room to check on the baby.  Jez decided not to call it a Cryo-Stasis Unit, as it seemed so cold and impersonal.  Jez checked the controls of the stasis unit, everything was functioning properly.

What in the world is this all about? Lack of training, or a misunderstanding, Lack of training in what respect a misunderstanding to what end?

Jez returned, she sat down and said, “Lt. Tate…. Andrea, what's this all about? Did Commander Said do something wrong? “ Jez had no idea what this was all about. Then it dawned on her, they must think that I did something wrong, thought Jez.

Jez felt a little uncomfortable about being Hypnotized. “ Lt. Tate, I’ll be honest, being hypnotized makes me a little uncomfortable. Also, Hypnosis is known to produce inaccuracies, it has also been shown to help law enforcement find leads to other evidence which warrants the cost of verifying or disproving information. This is the only use of forensic hypnosis in which the Federation Department of Justice advises using, and still only in limited cases. Maybe if you could tell me more about what’s going on I will consent.” Said Jez.

== Tag Tate. ==
== NPC Lt Tate ==

Andrea looked down at her cup of tea briefly then returned her gaze to Jez and replied, "Unfortunately, it appears that she did, but we discussed it and the matter is closed for her now. Don't worry, nothing bad happened as a result. As I tried to make clear, this is not an investigation so much as a simple inquiry about what happened and doing our best to prevent it from happening again. Nira let me put her under hypnosis, so I could see for myself. It was brief and efficient. I got to see and know what she experienced and it gave me context. I expect the same will be true in your case as well. There will be differences, because of your own personal perspective, but that is also the value of it as well. You may have saw or heard things she didn't and that can be very valuable information."

Taking another sip of her tea, she stressed, "Please, I don't want you to think of this as a bad thing. If anything, it is our responsibility to ensure that anyone who is capable of our abilities has the right kind of training and understands the protocols, that's all. Just as it is an important responsibility for you to be properly trained in the use and protocols of your phaser or any other equipment in the field, we're responsible for ensuring you're properly prepared for these kinds of things in the field as well. For us to not follow up on these sort of things and not ask these questions, that would be irresponsible of us and unfair to you. I do hope that you understand that."

== Tag Jez ==
Jez watched Lt. Tate as she looked down at her tea, she then returned her gaze to Jez, Lt. Tate then said, "Unfortunately, it appears that she did, but we discussed it and the matter is closed for her now. Don't worry, nothing bad happened as a result. As I tried to make clear, this is not an investigation so much as a simple inquiry about what happened, and doing our best to prevent it from happening again. Nira let me put her under hypnosis so that I could see for myself. It was brief and efficient. I got to see and know what she experienced and it gave me context. I expect the same will be true in your case as well. There will be differences, because of your own personal perspective, but that is also the value of it as well. You may have seen or heard things she didn't, which can be precious information."

“Yes that’s true, Commander Said may have seen things that I didn’t, but doesn’t this boil down to he said, she said kind of a thing?  We weren’t together the entire time. I spent most of my time in the clinic or outside the clinic keeping control of the crowd and maintaining order. Commander Said was off doing other things, she didn’t join me until later in the investigation. So, I don’t see what value my testimony will provide if any. “ Said Jez. Her tone was a little uncertain.

Jez understood the implication of the standard bureaucratic doublespeak, investigation, or inquiry; it didn't matter; they meant the same thing and the outcomes are usually the same.  Jez wasn’t sure about any of this, she wished that she could have spoken with Nira.

“More Tea?” Said Jez.  “Oh excuse me a moment.”. Added Jez as she went into her bedroom. Jez checked on her baby, everything appeared to be alright. Jez sat on the bed and closed her eyes, she tried to remember the mission on Graves World. She thought and thought about every detail that she could recall.

Did Nira or I do anything inappropriate? Did Nira or I violate Star Fleet or Federation protocol? Think…think…??!!

Jez thought for a few minutes it was a textbook investigation, as far as she could recall, but she wasn’t with Commander Said or the other members of the Away Team every second. So, Nira might have done something that she shouldn’t have, but then again, maybe it wasn’t Nira that they were making an inquiry about, Maybe it was another member of the Away Team that did something wrong and they want to compare notes as they say.

Jez went back into the living room area, she sat down. “Alright, let's do this.” Said Jez, with a little crack in her voice.

== Tag Tate. ==
== NPC Lt Tate ==

When Jez appeared confused about trying to make sense of the inquiry, Andrea smiled, finding humor in the idea as she clarified, "It isn't expected for you to make sense of it all, that's what I'm here for. I have been gathering evidence to fill in some of the gaps. Currently, you're the last piece in the puzzle."

Jez freshened her tea and then excused herself once more. Andrea ignored that she didn't really need to go into the other room again, noticing that she simply wanted to gather her thoughts while trying to not show weakness in front of the person she felt was scrutinizing her. It was understandable and it would serve no purpose to try and correct her perception of this visit, and it might even make her more nervous to try to do so. To Andreas delight, Jez agreed to do as Andrea had asked, once she ha returned to the room.

"Wonderful! I very glad that you have agreed to help me." She took a deep breath and began, "This won't take long. I just want you to relax. Sit however makes you most comfortable and then close your eyes." Once jez had closed her eyes, "Now listen to my voice as I count...1...2...3...2...1..."

When Andrea said one the second time, Jez opened her eyes and looked at Andrea and gave a confused look at the strange way that she had counted. Andrea asked, "How do you feel? You might want a drink of water, it tends to help. That went very well. You did help confirm for me what I had learned previously. Of your part, you only need to focus on strengthening your barriers to protect your mind and resist ever trying to use your abilities on others against their will. You were lucky, because it did in fact backfire on you and did cause memory issues in a few of the civilians. In your defense, you felt threatened, so I understand your logic, but what you don't understand is that you could have killed people if you had been strong enough." Andrea paused, thought a second and then tried again, "Imagine that your mind, with the abilities you have, it can be like using a phaser, but you don't quite have enough control and experience in using it the way you wanted to, so you had no idea of what settings you were using or how to aim it properly."

Jez could also see that Andrea's cup of tea was empty again, even though she had supposedly just refilled it. that was when Jez understood that she had been under at least long enough for Andrea to have finished her cup of tea, but had not idea how long that had actually been. It had seemed as if it had never even happened, yet it was clearly over now.

Andrea continued, "Don't worry though, everything is fine now. That shouldn't happen again. However, if you decide that you want to be trained in how to develop such abilities, someone can work with you. If you manage to engage in the correct training for your level of use, it will become more clear to you over time. If you find that you need to talk about these things, then you can always give me a call. If for any reason, you need to be placed under hypnosis again, you'll need to contact me, but this sort of thing is rather rare. Currently, you could say that you are unable to be placed in such a state again, at least for quite some time. I also don't suggest attempting to mind meld with anyone until you have better control of your own defenses either. I gave you some assistance there, but you should really work on your exercises to bolster your ability to control what you're letting in an out. I suspect that you may have come into contact with someone that weakened your defenses at some point, though I couldn't say when or by whom. I suppose that I could have found out, but it would have felt wrong to do so without your permission first, so I didn't go there out of respect for your privacy."

Her expression suddenly turned very sympathetic, "Oh, I'm so sorry to have worried you. You really do have a great deal on your mind right now. I'm not familiar with the Counselor on this ship, so I don't know if I can recommend them for your training or not. You need to try and work with someone who is familiar with both sides of your genetics. Im a rare exception, but that was because my human father was actually an anomaly and is as strong as my Betazoid mother. Such abilities in Humans is very rare and it causes unpredictable results in their kids. I was lucky, or unlucky, depending on your point of view. I know of a few others that are strong or well trained that can help with both the Vulcan and Betazoid forms. It takes a great deal of effort though and only the most serious of practitioners should attempt to refine such abilities. if you choose to undertake such a task, I applaud your commitment, and encourage your efforts, but it is not to be taken lightly."

She picked up her PADD and prepared to get up to leave, but took the time to ask, "Do you have any other questions for me?"

== Tag Jez ==
Jez sat on the sofa, she did a few deep breathing exercises, She cleared her mind of all thoughts. She closed her eyes listening to Andrea counting, “1...2...3...2...1..."

Jez let down the wall between her conscious and subconscious mind, to allow her memories to flow free. She did her best to remember the events on Graves's World. She did her best to remember the faces and names of the people, She thought about who said what, she tried to remember the reactions of the people.

Jez felt awkward, at the idea of someone tip-toing through her mind.  Jez strengthened the walls around what had happened with Renkarn and the baby, which was off-limits.

When Lt. Tate said one the second time, Jez opened her eyes and looked at Andrea and gave a confused look at the strange way that she had counted. Andrea asked, "How do you feel? You might want a drink of water, it tends to help. That went very well. You did help confirm for me what I had learned previously. On your part, you only need to focus on strengthening your barriers to protect your mind and resist ever trying to use your abilities on others against their will. You were lucky, because it did in fact backfire on you and did cause memory issues in a few of the civilians. In your defense, you felt threatened, so I understand your logic, but what you don't understand is that you could have killed people if you had been strong enough." Andrea paused, thought a second and then tried again, "Imagine that your mind, with the abilities you have, it can be like using a phaser, but you don't quite have enough control and experience in using it the way you wanted to, so you had no idea of what settings you were using or how to aim it properly."

Jez looked at Andrea, “I feel fine. And as far as strengthening my barriers, I have been working on them. I’m pretty formidable with my abilities, my grandmother told me of the ancient ways. In fact she was in her twenties during the Battle of Betazed when our people liberated their planet from the Dominion and Cardassian oppressors. My Grandmother fought alongside Lwaxana Troi, of the Fifth House of Betazed. Though it took many lives and a lot of time, our people won the battle via invasive telepathic means.  Even Lwaxana’s daughter Deanna Troi also participated and managed to stay strong throughout the whole ordeal, when even full Betazoids died from the mental strain.Our people needed help from Hent Tevren, the serial killer, who used ancient psionic techniques to murder.  Deanna was half human. So, I’m certain that me being Half Vulcan and Half Betazoid I’m better equipped to fend off any mental assault from a would be attacker. “ Said Jez her voice sounding far away.

Jez paused to collect her thoughts. She felt  a thousand thoughts running through her brain. 

“No, I wouldn’t have killed anyone, not just because of my abilities, but because I believe all life is sacred. I would rather outthink, then outfight someone, but I will fight if I have to. I have a fight coming up that will take all my strength, all my patients, all my cunning, I have a great deal to protect.” Exclaimed Jez; as images of her daughter filled her brain. 

“Oh and for the record, I’m sorry if anyone was hurt by the actions we took, but I advised that we call down more crew members. If people got hurt then that's a shame and I’m truly sorry ,but In my opinion we saved more people than we hurt, Ambassador Spock said, "The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few '' and a majority of the Colonists were peaceful. No lieutenant, that was neither Commander Said nor my fault. That colony was doomed to fail, they had no Security, the water pumping and filtration system was just open, and anyone could have walked in. There is no Security, no law enforcement, no courts. Trust me that colony will fail. It will tear itself apart. The Captain who brought them to Graves World was the one who poisoned the water supply. Instead of leaving Captain Wilson there to be tried by a jury of her peers, we took her to the nearest Star Bese;  she escaped Justice. Believe me, the colony will be torn apart. They won’t trust the Federation, especially Star Fleet. “ Said Jez, her voice tainted with annoyance.

“Come, I want to show you something,” said Jez as she went into her bedroom.

== Tag Tate. ==
== NPC Lt Tate ==

Andrea followed Jez and let her show her the device that held her future child. Andrea gave Jez a sympathetic look, "I can't be certain, without invading some of your most private thoughts, but I strongly suspect that the father of this child may have been the one responsible for the condition of your abilities. There isn't a polite way to put it. What I encountered was the sort of thing I can only classify as abuse, but you had to let them in for them to do that."

She gently placed a hand on Jez's shoulder, "Jez, give yourself a few days. I promise that you're going to begin to feel safer and more secure in your defenses. Someone had placed a number of things in your mind that effectively sabotaged you, likely for their pleasure. I would suggest that if you don't feel much better in a few days, that you seek a Counselor that can help you deal with the trauma that you have experienced.

Andrea had a very calming effect, which helped. As Jez began trying to tell her about the child, she quickly realized that Andrea already knew all about it. She simply gave Jez a moment to absorb it and grasp what it all meant. She did ask, in a soft voice, "Is there someone you can talk to or might be able to help you through this? If not, then perhaps we should have the CMO assist you for a couple of days with letting you rest in their care until you can recover and are feeling stronger."
Jez pointed to the Cryo-Stasis Unit, “That’s my daughter, I love her and will do anything and everything I can do to keep her safe.” Said Jez.

Andrea then gave Jez a sympathetic look, "I can't be certain, without invading some of your most private thoughts, but I strongly suspect that the father of this child may have been the one responsible for the condition of your abilities. There isn't a polite way to put it. What I encountered was the sort of thing I can only classify as abuse, but you had to let them in for them to do that."

“There’s no need to invade my most private thoughts. It’s a very simple straightforward tale. Girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy, girl gives her heart to boy. The boy stomped on it.” Said Jez her voice cold and distant. “I thought he was my Imzadi, I thought he loved me. I told him that I loved him. When I told him I was pregnant, he became enraged. He kicked me in the stomach, he beat me. “Said Jez as she held back her tears. “He said I was a filthy half-breed, that my mother should have been murdered for giving birth to me and polluting the noble blood of Betazed with Vulcan filth” Added Jez.

Jez paused and then chuckled, “I could probably have forgiven him for all of that, but …but he, he then said the worst thing anyone could have said to me. He said that I was a NOBODY, a NOTHING ....that I was a filthy Sixth House whore. “ stated Jez, her teeth clenched. 

Jez turned to Andrea, “What bothered me the most, is that I’m a trained Star Fleet Security Officer. I could have served him his head on a platter, but he got inside my head with his words. How could I not see him for what he was? I’m supposed to be able to see the liars and the criminals in an investigation. What am I supposed to do if I can’t tell who is not being honest with me? What can I do if Commander Kurasa or the Captain asks me my thoughts on a situation or a person and I am wrong.” Stated Jez.

Jez felt better for having confessed her thoughts and fears to someone she considered a friend.

“No, I don’t need a Therapist, Commander Talion and I are working on strengthening my mental skills and abilities; as well as any legal issues that might arise from my circumstances, but I do appreciate your advice, Andrea.

== Tag Lt. Tate.==
== NPC Lt Tate ==

Andrea listened calmly to Jez. Not reacting to Jez as she spoke passionately about her very personal situation helped Jez to calm herself more quickly. The thought crossed Jez's mind that she could sense Andrea's influence more noticeably than she had before. It was almost as if she could hear and see more clearly since the session with Andrea. She felt a little different and could think more clearly, as if she had gotten a good night of sleep.

Andrea continued to speak softly, "He's no longer influencing your life and he is of no consequence. Don't give him more thought than he is worth. As for your being vulnerable to his manipulations, I suggest that you learn as much as you can from it and move on with your life. We all have moments of vulnerability and you should not feel bad about that. You trusted someone and they betrayed that trust. The fault is theirs, not yours. Take from this the lesson that you can't always see clearly, when you're too close to a situation. It happens. None of us are perfect, but we do our best."

Andrea let her words sink in for a moment and then continued, "I'm glad that you're planning to work on strengthening your skills. Alex has certainly been through his own difficult times. Years ago, I helped him come to grips with the loss of his sister and move on from that experience. I also knew his wife." She gave a small sigh, "Her story was..unique. I worried that he might never recover from her death, but he s a resilient man. I think that his daughter has helped him a great deal."

Andrea slowly walked back into the other room and prepared to leave, "Good luck, Jez. If you have more questions, you can always contact me. I will inform all concerned that this situation is now considered to be closed. Please try to remember my cautions. You may find some of your abilities hard to use for a little while, but be patient. Your trauma was deeper than you may think."

== Tag Jez ==
== Giving a chance for any parting questions or comments, but if there is nothing else, she will quietly leave. by the time Andrea is leaving, Jez is aware that Andrea tends to emanate a kind of calming aura along with her maternal approach with most people. Jez may not have really picked up on it before, but after this visit with her, Jez s able to tell that something had been inhibiting her and it was gone now. At the same time, her abilities felt weaker than they should. Andrea hadn't weakened them, she had only removed something that had been making Jez not see how weakened they had become. Jez wasn't sure what had been done to her, but getting her pregnant appeared to not have been the only thing her lover had done to her. If she thought about her time with him, some of her memories of the time spent with him were now more fuzzy than they should have been. She still remembered the same things as before, but now she realized there were small gaps that she couldn't explain. ==