AQ/D01 - Bridge
==
==Cdr Mezree Prihl, Trill Female==

With the repairs to the Aquila nearly complete, the Ross-class Explorer was almost entirely healed of the wounds she had sustained from her recent foray into the Gamma Quadrant. Mezree would then have the honour of welcoming aboard the new selection of officers who would be joining the crew before departing to rendezvous with the Charon. It wasn't going to be a long command assignment, and she had to admit that she sometimes wished she'd been given the job, but something the size of the Aquila was a Captain's billet and she'd only made Commander at New Year.

Still, it was command experience, and she'd assume command of the Charon for a series of systems tests when they returned to the Sol system. Not bad for an Engineer.

Running her hand through her short blonde hair, Mezree slipped into the Aquila's comfortable command chair and began to go over the service jackets of those who would be coming aboard for the journey, and those who would be staying aboard the Charon with her when they returned to Earth. It was an interesting collection, especially those coming from the Geronimo; she hoped that Captain Brooks would be able to integrate such a close-knit group into his new crew.

He was certainly going to have his work cut out...
Finally, the turbo lift stopped.

It must have taken me on a complete tour of the ship! Lois thought to herself as she stepped out of the turbo lift on the port side of the bridge. She stopped and looked around the empty bridge noticing a blond person sitting in the captain's chair so she made her way there.

Stopping on the port side of the command chair Lois introduced herself to whom she assumed was the captain, although the blond female Trill held the rank of Commander.

"Dr Lois Lim, reporting for duty," she said confidently, "and may I say, sir, it is a delight to be aboard such a magnificent ship."

== Tag Cdr Mezree Prihl ==
Jez had arrived on the Aquila, compared to the Geronimo it was huge, it was like being back at the Academy, there were so many people.  Jes rode the turbo lift to the Bridge, the doors swished open. There was a bridge at least four times the size of the Geronimo, and there was a friendly face. The warm and kind face of the good doctor, Doctor Lim. Jez felt a little more at ease. Jez took a deep breath and gave herself a quick check to make sure she was presentable.

Upon seeing Dr. Lom. Jez gave her a warm smile and a head nod as if to say; thank goodness a familiar face. Dr. Lim was addressing a lovely Blond Trill. The Trill was a Commander she was truly striking, but Jez found Trills a little unsettling, as she couldn’t be sure if you were talking to the actual host or the symbionts, but on another level, she found them fascinating the life time of memories these beings possessed, they were like living History Museums, and that appealed to the Archeologist in Jez.

She must be the first officer, and that Captain must be busy with something very important and delegated the greeting of the new officers to the First Officer. Thought Jez.

Jez was nervous, her stomach had butterflies in them the size of a shuttlecraft. She let out a small sigh and remembered what she learned from Commander Said about being strong and confident.

“Security Ensign, Mez Jala reporting for duty.” Said Jez, her tone confident then she realized her blunder and her face became flush with embarrassment. "Excuse me. that's Security Ensign, Jez Mala." Added Jez in an attempt to recover.

Mez Jala……..Mez Jala…. You idiot….You said Mez Jala. What were you thinking…. !!! Thought Jez. 

Jez stood there feeling humiliated waiting for a dressing down from the First Officer.

== Tag Dr. Lom &  Cdr Mezree Prihl. ==
As was her habit when first on a new bridge she paused just inside the door, standing stock still. As the bridge was becoming crowded Shione dampened her empathic senses, and then took a couple of steps to the side so as to not block anyone else coming off the lift.

The bridge hadn't changed since her last posting here but they were going to get a new command crew. She knew of Captain Daniel Brooks from when her sister S'hiarra served with him on the Sheridan so many years ago, the FO was new to her, but that was to be expected; Star Fleet was massive and the odds of even knowing anyone on a new posting was small

Here we go again she thought wryly

LCdr Shione Kurasa had plenty of reasons to feel that way. This would be her 10th posting and frankly she was weary of the changes. There had been plenty of good reasons for all of them, some of which resulted from the destruction or retirement of the ship, but this one frankly puzzled her. Her brother-in-law was taking her place on the Titania and Star Fleet in their so-called infinite wisdom decided to send her back here.

Perhaps it was because she had been the original CoS here before, but whatever the reason there had been an amazing surprise when she arrived to meet the ship. Her family including her parents, her wife and their daughter Aashaa were here to greet her, and they had brought their luggage hoping that Shione could finagle their transfer here as well. The reunion was just what she needed and she had taken every opportunity to be with them all and then alone with her wife. As always, she seemed to sleep better when Jelaya was with her, but approval for them staying depended on Captain Brooks.

Drawing herself forcefully out her reverie she focussed on the interactions taking place. The CMO was introducing herself, and Shione was pleased to realize that she recognized the name. Her sister S'hiarra had spoken of Lois Lim warmly and she looked forward to working with such a competent officer. However, the other situation was not going quite so smoothly. It was, she realized one of her officers. A young Hybrid female was having introduction issues, and to be honest it brought a brief but warm smile to her face, and without a pause she decided to step in to the rescue.

Her long stride brought her across the space, and stepping up beside Ensign Mala, she gave a nod of respect for the acting CO.

"Lieutenant Commander Shione Kurasa reporting as ordered. Commander Prihl. It's good to be back on the Aquila again and looking forward to getting to know the new crew."

Turning to face her, she greeted the CMO with a smile, "My sister spoke warmly of you Doctor Lim. I am looking forward to confirming all the good things she had to say,' and pausing to give a surreptitious wink to the other senior officers she gave a smile to her new officer, adding with a compassionate tone. "Don't be hard on yourself Ensign Mala. We have all had our share of embarrassing interactions, but it is rather nice to find that Star Fleet has come around to realizing that they did indeed need more women in charge, don't you think?"

==Tags==
Anyone with empathic abilities - or phsycological training - would feel the mixed emotions Xenara experienced as the doors opened to a massive bridge. And it was already becoming quite crowded. There was a Trill in the Captain's chair, and a few freinds from the Geronimo. 

~Hey, Jez!~ 

The Elaysian knew that Jez was telepathic, and while Xenara couldn't communicate with her the way she would with Sothrick, it was still nice to know the hybrid would be able to read the Elaysian. And maybe being able to read a willing mind would calm the woman a bit. She did seem a bit nervous.

She waited for the proper moment to introduce herself. Even though Captain Brooks wasn't there yet, her shift wouldn't wait on him. She took her time as her nano-exoskeleton didn't exactly allow for any kind of speed. While her skirt uniform did manage to mitigate the awkward fabric snag, it didn't do much for her gait. 

"Lieutenant Xenara Xardeen reporting as ordered,"  she nodded toward the others. "Ladies. I'd have been here sooner, but the commute is a bit further than on the Geronimo," she teased, hoping the Trill had a sense of humor. 

==Tag any==
==Amendment==

Xenara thought about hugging Shione but didn't want to look unprofessional, so she just slipped her arm behind the woman.

"Miss me," she said with a smile.

==Tag Shione==
Stepping onto the Bridge, he saw that the person in the Center Chair was quite busy. Most of them were distracted as he silently approached, then waited his turn before speaking in his deep voice, "Commander Mezree Prihl...Commander Talion, reports as ordered."

He was mildly amused that he reported using the wording they were all taught at the Academy. It was a small thing that everyone overlooked, but that he thought might be a detail his new command staff would appreciate. His uniform was crisp and new, but his manner was much more relaxed than when he had last put on a uniform. He was in his science colors once again, glad to be out of a command uniform. He caught the eye of Lim and with a polite grin and a nod added, "Doctor Lim, good to see you again."

Looking over at Kurasa, his grin turned into a warm smile as he expertly hid the memories that threatened to bubble to the surface. She still looked great. "Hello Shione. This is a pleasant surprise. I have someone who will want to meet you. My daughter has heard much about you."

== Tag to all. We have quite the gathering on the Bridge...lol ==
Jez was startled by a strong telepathic presence, on the Bridge that had contact with a mind that Jez herself had contact with. Jez tried to shake it off as random telepathic scans, but random telepathic scans were frowned upon in StarFleet, it was something that she was still trying to master not doing, but it was a restriction that she wasn’t used to fully; as Archeological digs with her parents everyone’s mind was open and reading each other's thoughts.

She tried to place the familiar mind, it was strong, masculine, and powerful.

That’s…..that’s…..The old man….. That’s Sothrick… Thought Jez. 

Jez looked around, was Sothrick here? She could have sworn that he was transferred to the Titania. Maybe there was a change of plans. Thought Jez.  After all Star Fleet often made last-minute changes and did not tell anyone, but then again Commander Sothrick was known for playing practical jokes.

~Brother…where are you? Thought Jez.  Old man, where are you..!!!??~

Suddenly a very beautiful woman approached, she had the telltale Betazoid eyes, dark straight hair, a truly beautiful woman. That’s when Jez realized that the familiar Sothrick vibes were emanating from her, but how was this possible, was she a sister, a cousin? In all the conversations they had, he had never mentioned a female relative. Jez looked at the woman's ears, but she just couldn’t tell. She didn’t appear to be a Vulcan.

The woman introduced herself, "Lieutenant Commander Shione Kurasa reporting as ordered. Commander Prihl. It's good to be back on the Aquila again and looking forward to getting to know the new crew."

Jez was a bit surprised but relieved that the crew seemed to know each other, at least some of them. Then  Commander Kurasa said, with a compassionate tone. "Don't be hard on yourself Ensign Mala. We have all had our share of embarrassing interactions, but it is rather nice to find that Star Fleet has come around to realizing that they did indeed need more women in charge, don't you think?"

Isn’t Daniel Brooks a man’s name?... Well... Daniel is a Unisex name among the Terrans. Thought Jez.

Jez was a little taken aback by what Commander Kurasa said, as Jez understood the Captain of the Aquila was a man. “Yes Commander, but I thought Captain Brooks was a….. Man, isn’t he?”

Jez wasn’t sure what to think at this point, but the Aquila’s crew seemed to be friendly enough, but only time will tell.

Then a very familiar mind reached out to her, ~ Hey Jez~ 

Jez looked around and spotted her sister. Xenara. Jez and Xenara and Sothrick were very close on the Geronimo. Jez was so happy to see another friendly face.

~ Hey there, it’s so good to see you, my sister. Let's meet for a drink later.~

Sothrick had taught Jez how to reach the Elaysian’s mind. It was a little difficult, but not impossible. Jez really liked Xenara, she was funny, often making a joke at something Sothrick would say. Though Jez didn’t want to laugh at what Xenara had said, or thought, as she didn’t want to disrespect the old man.

Just then a very distinguished Science Officer entered, and introduced himself, "Commander Mezree Prihl...Commander Talion, reports as ordered."

~ Hmmm.. he is handsome. ~

"Hello, Shione. This is a pleasant surprise. I have someone who will want to meet you. My daughter has heard much about you." Said Talion as he looked at Commander Kurasa,

Jez had to admit there seemed to be a pattern developing here; the Aquila seemed to be crewed by officers with more than a passing familiarity with one another. Did Star Fleet have a special mission in mind that would require a ship with officers with such closeness?

== Tag All. ==
Talion was still smiling at Shione and asking, "So, how is my god daughter these days? It's been a while since..."

He suddenly stopped and turned to look at Ens Mala there was a fatherly concern in his eyes as he used a hushed and kind tone to ask, "Ensign, are you alright?"

Talion glanced at Shione, then lowered his voice even more, "Perhaps this is something we should take to discuss elsewhere? This might not be appropriate conversation for the Bridge."

For what might have been the first time, Mala felt a shift in the room around her. It was not a physical thing, but she was feeling a calming sensation, like a comforting blanket as she sensed more than heard a simgle word in Talion's voice.

~Calm~

There was nothing invasive about it. For all his size and deep voice, he was comforting, not intimidating. There was a kindness in his eyes, but also an instant realization that those eyes had seen a great deal. There was a scar at his left temple that Mala recognized from soldiers as an untreated mark of being grazed by a thin plasma bolt.

== Tag Mala and Kurasa. Talion is full Betazoid and will be curious about why a young officer is seemingly so out of controll with their emotions on the Bridge. ==
Jez was a bit surprised when Commander Talion seemed to respond to her thoughts.

He must have read my body language, unless…..he’s a Betazoid?

Jez looked at his eyes, they weren’t the telltale Black irises that Betazoids are noted for.

Hmmm… he seems unusually perceptive???

She was even more surprised when he addressed her, "Ensign, are you alright?"

Jez smiled and said, “ Yes Commander Talion I’m quite alright, and you. I hope you are well.” Said Jez, her tone friendly and cordial. “I’m just a little overwhelmed by the size of the Aquila, it’s much bigger than the Geronimo.”, she added.

Commander Talion seemed familiar, or at least his name seemed like she had heard it before, maybe her parents knew him and she heard her parents say his name. She thought as she looked at his face if she could recall seeing him, but he just had one of those faces that just seemed to melt into the crowd, though oddly enough he did have a scar that seemed so out of place in Star Fleet. 

“Pardon me Commander, but you seem very familiar, do you perhaps know my parents. Doctors, Fet of Vulcan and Velo Mala of Betazed,  the Archeologists? Inquired Jez her tone filled with curiosity.

== Tag Talion. ==
== Allowing for a response from Cdr Prihl, I'll try to keep things simple. ==

Alex gave a glance around the Bridge. Although it appeared simple enough, to the trained eye, it was the sort of glance a high level chess player might give a chess board. His mind was always in motion on various levels, something he was known for by those who knew him well. To him, he had performed the obligatory ritual of presenting himself to the authority of the center chair after his arrival. He also understood all too well that although sitting in that chair might appear boring to those unfamiliar with it, the job was more daunting than it looked. There were so many pieces in motion and they all came to focus on that one person in that chair who was entrusted with making so many decisions that they assigned them an entire staff to help delegate a great many of them, but it all still ultimately rested on the shoulders of that one person.

His voice still friendly, but hinting at his command experience was tempered by his pleasant nonverbal communication, "The Bridge is a busy place, let's not make their jobs any harder than they need to be. Let's talk."

His gesture indicated that they could walk and talk, but he was being quite polite about it, almost to the point of being charming. His manners and demeanor were kind yet authoritative.

"Mala, you said? Hmmm...it doesn't ring a bell. It is entirely possible that you've head my family name, if your parents are academics. My mother is a Xenobiologist and I have some published works in certain scientific fields. Although I'm Betazoid, I grew up on Sol, with only visits now and then to Betazed for family related reasons." He wrinkled his nose and made light of the subject as he mentioned, "My mother would want me to make a fuss about the First House, but I confess that I've never really paid any attention to all of that. If you've seen my name specifically, I'm going to presume it might have been in relation to security or surveillance devices, as most of my other research would be in computers and programming, which not many people have the clearance for or the interest in. Other than that, my family does do extensive philanthropic work and is associated with many charities and assisting in outreach programs on various worlds."

Looking doubtfully at Mala, he asked, "Does any of that help?"

Alex was a bit of a contradiction. He was a Betazoid, but didn't tend to look like most of his people. He looked more like he should be in Security and not Science. He was big and athletic, yet walked with a relaxed and quiet manner that was almost like a monk walking through a temple. His facial expressions and nonverbals were that of an emotional humanoid, while his mind was obviously keen and detail focused like that of a Vulcan. Lastly, he was a Department Head that was the rank of a full Commander, which seemed out of place on a ship who had a person of the same rank sitting in the Center Chair.

As if to punctuate this contradiction, he stopped and with a warm smile said, "By the way, Alex Talion, currently Chief Science Officer. When the brass isn't around, feel free to call me Alex, but for the sake of avoiding the wrath of you superiors," He glanced at Shione and gave her a wink, "I suggest that when in formal territory, you stick with Commander Talion, or Sir. I'm not personally fond of ranks and titles, but Star Fleet is obsessed with them, so we do what we must."

He went to extend a hand, then hesitated half way there, narrowed his eyes and seemed to question the gesture, "Wait, are you a hand shaker, or...hmmm. I'm never quite sure with some people. I don't want to offend, yet it always feels like the polite thing I should do. I guess that's what I get for spending so much time on Sol, yet I've never really been as good as I feel I should be around people."

== That should be enough to get us one step further down the road without creating more of a bottleneck at the Center Chair. ==
==Cdr Mezree Prihl, Trill Female==

Mezree was going over readiness reports when the replacement senior officers began to report aboard; for the most part they had come from the Geronimo and as they arrived, she realised that they were a very...chatty...bunch. Whatever ship the Geronimo was (she hadn't looked), or whoever their Captain had been (she hadn't checked that either), it was obviously a much more relaxed environment than most line vessels. Kurasa and the silver fox Talion didn't appear to have been part of the main group, but were equally vocal. 

At least they seem to be a friendly bunch, that should help them integrate with the existing crew.

Fortunately for Mezree, who much preferred her Engineering workshops to the Bridge of a starship, the banter didn't bother her. Nor was it out of place while the Aquila was still morred to Deep Space Nine. That wouldn't last long, however; their departure time was closing on them rapidly. None of the currently-present officers were on duty for the ferry flight, however, so they had time to get their own introductions out of the way before the work began.

"Welcome to the Aquila, ladies and gentlemen. You're scheduled to report to Ten Forward for the change of command ceremony, but you're all off-duty until then."

Glancing up at the chronometer above the viewscreen, Mezree rose to her feet.

"We're about to depart; feel free to explore the ship, get settled in. You're all welcome to find an empty chair for the departure, if that interests you."
==Just to move things along==

Xenara blinked as she removed her hand from the Security Commander's back. She realized a bit too late that it was not Sothrick's wife, but looked exactly like the woman.

"Forgive me, Commander, I meant no disrespect," she said. "You look - and please know this is not hyperbole - exactly like my previous CO's wife."

She let the statement hang for a bit as another member of the crew - a scientist by the look of his uniform - introduced himself as Commander Talion and mentioned S'hiarra's apparent doppleganger's name as Shione...

She started to introduce herself, but he pulled Jez away for a more private conversation. The Trill Commander brought her back to why she had been on the Bridge. It had been a while since she had the chance to witness a large ship like the Aquila depart, and wasn't really keen on ceremonies, unless there was booze. But, it was protocol, and it was mandatory, and since it would take her a bit to get to Ten Forward - and she'd probably be exhausted by then - she opted to go ahead and leave. Besides, she didn't want to be in the way. 

"As much as I'd love to bear witness," Xenara said. "I think it best if I got to Ten Forward. This nano-exoskeleton doesn't afford any speed."

~Jez, I'll meet you in Ten Forward after you're done flirting.~ She teased. It wasn't the same as with Sothrick, but maybe she and Jez could have a smiliar connection if they worked on it. Jez and her brother were basically the same in that regard after all.

==Tag all==

==Next Post Ten Forward==
Jez listened as Commander Talion  spoke, "The Bridge is a busy place, let's not make their jobs any harder than they need to be. Let's talk."

"Of course, Commander" Said Jez.

He was correct, the Bridge was very active, as new officers were checking in and performing pre launch duties and it wasn’t the place for a casual conversation, but Commander Talion was fascinating, he gave off a very exciting vibe, at least in Jez’s opinion. She always found older Brainy men, solid men very attractive and Commander Talion was very interesting. He looks like he could hold his own against a Klingon, then enjoy a rousing game of Chess while enjoying a cup of tea.

"Mala, you said? Hmmm...it doesn't ring a bell. It is entirely possible that you've heard my family name, if your parents are academics. My mother is a Xenobiologist and I have some published works in certain scientific fields. Although I'm Betazoid, I grew up on Sol, with only visits now and then to Betazed for family related reasons." He wrinkled his nose and made light of the subject as he mentioned, "My mother would want me to make a fuss about the First House, but I confess that I've never really paid any attention to all of that. If you've seen my name specifically, I'm going to presume it might have been in relation to security or surveillance devices, as most of my other research would be in computers and programming, which not many people have the clearance for or the interest in. Other than that, my family does do extensive philanthropic work and is associated with many charities and assisting in outreach programs on various worlds."

Commander Talion looked doubtfully at Mala, he asked, "Does any of that help?"

Jez wasn’t sure  if anything he said cleared anything up, she was positive she knew the name, but she just couldn’t place it, maybe she read a paper he wrote or maybe she heard it from one of the Archeologists on her parents dig team?

Oh his mother is House Proud, a Daughter or the First House, how many times did mom say, Sith House this, or Sixth House that, it can be very annoying at times.

Jez watched as Commander Talion extended a hand, then hesitated half way there, narrowed his eyes and seemed to question the gesture, "Wait, are you a hand shaker, or...hmmm. I'm never quite sure with some people. I don't want to offend, yet it always feels like the polite thing I should do. I guess that's what I get for spending so much time on Sol, yet I've never really been as good as I feel I should be around people."

“Commander, as a daughter of Archeologists, I’ve put my hands in ancient mud and muck, so I have no problems with shaking hands especially with a Brilliant man such as yourself.” Said Jez. her tone was polite and welcoming, as if to say she wanted to continue the conversation.

Jez was enjoying speaking with Commander Talion, how could she not, he radiated Charm and seemed very gallant.

Oh he is so handsome and intelligent.

As Jez was enthralled with Commander Talion.

~Jez, I'll meet you in Ten Forward after you're done flirting.~ Xenara teased.

As Xenara passed Jez stuck out her tongue at her wise cracking , but lovely sister. Thankfully no one saw what she did. Jez couldn’t help but smile at what Xenara had said, it reminded her of the fun times that Xenara, Sothrick and Jez had. It has helped make this transfer a little less painful.

“Commander Talion, would you care to continue this conversation over a drink in Ten Forward, a cup of tea, or something?” Said Jez, hoping she didn’t sound too forward or desperate.

==Tag All==

==Next Post Ten Forward==
"Hello Shione. This is a pleasant surprise. I have someone who will want to meet you. My daughter has heard much about you." Talion added with a warm smile, and then as he seemed to take note of the ambience of the bridge his tone changed slightly.
He glanced at Shione, then lowered his voice even more, "Perhaps this is something we should take to discuss elsewhere? This might not be appropriate conversation for the Bridge."

As Shione was listening to Talion's comment and questions it brought a rare smile to her face when she realized that Aashaa might actually have a friend and then she clearly picked up on the subtext of his comment and without looking added as she allowed the two of then to get to touch range, just for a moment.

It was long enough for the Chief of Security to employ her own telepathic talent ~ That is an excellent idea. Ten forward it is. You lead I will tag along~

Shione busied herself listening to the conversations and refamiliarizing herself with her bridge station, but continued to watch as the conversation between Mala and Talion became warmer, and as they reached the lift she turned and quietly joined the duo.

Smiling warmly as she addressed them "I apologize. I overheard your invitation; I hope you two won't mind if I tag along. It sounds like a very good place to have a casual conversation and to get to know one another; so please lead on."

==Tags Talion and Mala==
Alex wasn't quite sure how to react to the kind words of the young Ensign, but he shook her hand. He took care not to use too firm of a grip.

Hearing Shione say that she wanted to tag along, warmed his heart. It had been a while since he had seen his friend. The assignment to this ship seemed all the brighter, now that he knew it was going to include old friends that were practically family. He imagined his god-daughter had grown quite a bit since he last saw her.

With a nod, he replied, "You're most welcome to join us. Perhaps you will be able to add an other perspective to what I wanted to speak with the young Security Officer about."

== Moving to Ten Forward... ==
T'Kol stepped onto the bridge. She had hopped to report in early but as soon as she stepped in she realized she was not the only one.

There were surprisingly several familiar faces. She was Familiar with Commander SHione although she never worked with the woman. She was, impressed how different the COS was from her sister despite the fact that they were identical.

She was familiar with Xardeen as well as her, former mentor and brother like, had informed her of her and another she would be working with. And the other was also here. Ensign Mala, she recognized her from the file she had pulled up.

Sothrick had reached out to T'Kol asking that she look out for the young security officer. It would seem that she was to continue the training that he had started with the young woman. 
She was not entirely sure why but she would comply.

As she looked around it seemed that Commander Kurasa was the one to report in with.
She gave Mala a look and a nod, not sure if Sothrick had told her to look for her as she was instructed to do but she wanted to report in first.

"Commander Kurasa, Chief of the Boat T'Kol reporting in sir." She gave.

Captain Brooks had asked her to join him to the new ship and she found herself a bit surprised at being asked and the want to follow him. She deeply enjoyed working with him if the truth be told. It also followed with their conversation of her desire to further her career. Despite that she was a non-commissioned officer she probably had more experience on star ships than any of the other officer on here.
Jez was a little disappointed she was hoping for an intimate conversation with Commander Talion, but Commander Kurasa and Commander Talion clearly had a history.  No doubt old friends wanting to catch up . Jez was truly surprised that Commander Kurasa had a child, she didn’t appear much older than Jez herself.

I must get her beauty secrets.

Jez picked up on Commander Kurasa’s comment, "I apologize. I overheard your invitation; I hope you two won't mind if I tag along. It sounds like a very good place to have a casual conversation and to get to know one another; so please lead on."

Jez wanted to talk with Kurasa, as she had many questions both Security and personal, as the transition from the Geronimo to the Aquila has been more difficult than she thought it was going to be.  The Geronimo was small and she was familiar with everyone, not to mention the sheer volume of random thoughts that broke through her telepathic shields was almost unbearable, hopefully with time and practice she could learn to strengthen her telepathic abilities and prevent these unwanted random thoughts punching through her defenses.

“Oh no, Commander Kurasa the merrier. Besides, I have a lot of questions for you both. It will be fun to get to know each other better. “ Said Jez, her tone welcoming.

Just as everyone was about to depart for Ten Forward, an enlisted crewman, a Vulcan female approached and introduced herself to Commander Kurasa, "Commander Kurasa, Chief of the Boat T'Kol reporting in sir."

Jez was surprised, this woman seemed… somehow familiar, had she seen this woman before,met her some place. Jez thought and thought, but she just couldn’t place the woman.

Maybe she worked on a dig with her parents or she’s a friend of her parents.Not that Jez had a bad memory, it’s just that Vulcans are very prevalent in the Federation , especially Star Fleet.

I must have confused her with someone else, but she seems so familiar ...think...think..

Jez couldn’t explain it, this T’Kol gave off a vibe, it was hard to explain; it was like when you read a book and years later you read it again, but you forgot that you had already read it. It was a sense of Déjà vu . It wasn’t like the familiarity that she thought she was familiar with Commander Talion, because  she could have read Talion’s name in a Technical paper while in school or at the Academy, maybe her parents had mentioned his name in passing, but T’Kol that’s not a name one soon forgets.

“Chief Talion, care to join us in Ten Forward for a drink, a cup of tea perhaps?” Offered Jez.

== Tag All. ==

>> Heading to Ten Forward.>>
Lt Thorn had finally managed to make her way to the Bridge, but when she did, it was surprisingly busy. As was true to her nature, she simply blended into the background, electing to move to an Engineering station and log in. Although she did give it a glance, she was actually just using it to not draw attention to herself.

To her surprise, she spotted Commander Talion and a few other familiar faces from her past. That unexpected gift from the universe picked up her spirits quite a bit. She considered approaching and speaking with them, but they were busy and were already headed off the Bridge. Having barely caught the Commander in the Center Chair making an announcement, Thorn was releived that she didn't need to bother reporting in just yet. Technically the computer knew she was on the ship and she had been confirmed on the manifest as accounted for.

Thorn decided she could relax until the Change of Command ceremony. Work was on hold for now. Her friends were busy. She could enjoy being invisible for a little while longer, so she signed out of the console, stood and disappeared into one of the turbolifts.

== Nothing special, I just wanted to make an official post on the Bridge to say that I'm here. ==
Cdr Mezree Prihl addressed all present, "Welcome to the Aquila, ladies and gentlemen. You're scheduled to report to Ten Forward for the change of command ceremony, but you're all off-duty until then."

Mezree rose to her feet. "We're about to depart; feel free to explore the ship, get settled in. You're all welcome to find an empty chair for the departure, if that interests you."

Dr Lim took that as her chance to get about her own business. She wasn't one who was excited by starship launches and so she took her leave of the crowd building on the bridge and nodding politely to each officer, giving a smile to Cdr Kurasa for her kind words, she began to move toward the turbo lift on the starboard side of the bridge. Lois passed Cdr Talion. She hadn't realised it but for the first time a stray thought crossed her mind, as she said, "Nice to see you again, Commander."

He's actually quite handsome.

The thought was immediately dismissed as soon as it passed. Lois also had a long memory which included their first encounter with Cdr Talion when she was first promoted to Chief Medical Officer on the Titania.

Lois entered the Tubo lift and gave the order for Deck 10. It was time to meet with the Deputy Chief Medical Officer for coffee.

>> 10 Forward >>
Coming onto the Bridge with Carley close by, Beno stopped to admire the view. It's been a while since she just stopped to admire anything, but this was going to change. This was the ship that she was going to be First Officer of, and the Captain had a nice chair. There were some crew changes that Beno had to get used too, but that was just how things were.  There was something that they had to do before enjoying the party.

Standing in her Command Red and Carley in her Science Blue. "Commander Velaul First Officer reporting in." She said to the Trill Commander who had the Bridge, Carley soon followed "Lieutenant Junior Grade Yonug Science Officer reporting in." It was short process but the rest of the day was going to be fun.

==Tag==
With mention of the others heading to Ten Forward T'Kols brow shot up and she looked towards the young security.

"Ensign Mala, Before you leave I would like a word with you." She gave with no other hint as to why. Just then the First Officer stepped onto the bridge. T'Kol attention was instantly on the FO.

She turned and awaited the First Officer to be acknowledged by the Engineer who had command of the ship currently.

Once she was acknowledged by Kurasa and the First Officer was acknowledged T'Kol stepped in to take her turn.

"Commander, pleasant seeing you again. I wanted to report in. We have many new crew joining us. I was wandering if you would be calling a department head meeting? I will begin working on duty rosters then meet with each DH to go over their requirements. Is there anything you would like for me to address?" She asked
There was no doubt that Beno was happy to see T'Kol again, it was also no surprise she was getting right to business. It was just the Vulcan way, they never really knew how to have a good time. She didn't even think about having a staff meeting, until just now. There was a change in the crew that hit hard, a new Chief of Security. On an Away team the Chief of Security was the person she counted on the most   

"Let's concentrate on enjoying the ceremony first, then a one on one with the Chief of Security. I have a lot more to go over with her." In any given situation Beno had a habit of calling an audible. The level of communication that took time to achieve. Now they were going to have to start all over again, there were also the fact that the security Chief was her righthand person.

"Let's give them time to climatize to their new surroundings, new crew and more importantly the Captain gets to enjoy this Ceremony."  This was Daniel's day to enjoy, if Beno had any involvement it's because of their design not hers. "Our Chief Medical Officer can soon follow,  I am sure that she is more than capable of handling any my medical conditions." Plus Julia knew of her physical needs more than most medical crew, being together this long you get to know a person real well.

==Tag==
"Very well Commander. Please let me know how I can assist." She simply gave
"I will begin working on duty assignments. May I also sit with you while meeting with the new Security Chief?" She requested. She wandered how different the twins actually were. She tolerated S'Hiarra she wandered if Shione was the same.

"If nothing else for the moment I need to speak with one of our new recruits." She asked
==Timeline One Hour and Forty Five Minutes after change of command ceremony==

Dan had enjoyed his very brief walk about the ship. He only mainly took quick glances into departments just to get a visual idea of the layouts, anything more would have to wait. He had plenty of other business to sort out before Command sent him orders.

Arriving in the aft turbolift and the doors opened, he was greeted by the main bridge of the Aquila. It seemed like a version of the Luna Class but magnified a hundred times more. Due to the ceremony the Bridge was sparse with officers, but that didn't bother him as Dan knew the ceremony would start to clear out by now and the officers would be returning to their normal duties.

An Ensign snapped to attention at the tactical station and said, "Captain on the bridge." making him jump slightly,

"At ease everyone." said Brooks giving them a smile as he moved around to the center command area. Looking at the Captain's chair he already felt this ship was going to be even more special then his previous command.

He said "Can we get a view of the Charon." one of the officers pulled her up on the main viewer. It seemed so small compared to the ship he was now stood on, but she clearly had served him and his crew well, despite it feeling a bit of a jinx. He hoped this vessel would have a more positive role within the fleet.

"Captain, just to let you know Commander Prihl has now beamed over to Charon and she will be getting underway soon. They will communicate when they are due to depart." reported a Lieutenant at comms.

"Understood, keep me informed." Brooks replied before heading over to the ready room door.

The door slid back and Daniel stepped inside.

>>>Ready Room>>>
Entering the Aquila bridge evoked a true moment of Deja vu for the Hybrid Security officer. 

It had been a few years since she last served here under the command of her friend Serran Zan. She missed her but understood that not everyone in Star Fleet was a 'lifer'. She took in the bridge; noting a few changes, most likely to accommodate technical system upgrades; but she would take the time to explore those at a more appropriate time. 

Checking her reflection in one of the active screens Shione took the opportunity to make sure all was in order. All Shipshape and Bristol fashion she mused silently as she ensured that hair and uniform were as they should be.

Shione did not understand the need for this particular meeting. She had already been confirmed as Security Chief, and they were a ways off  before departure, so it was puzzling.

Just because I am good at solving them does not necessarily mean I need puzzles on a regular basis.

Nodding to the Officer of the watch she crossed the bridge and unhesitatingly tapped the door chime for the Captain's ready room.

A response was forthcoming

"Come in Commander" she heard before stepping forward and entering.

>>Ready Room>>