Dr Jone's Artifact
== We can pick where we left out. Please, at the start of your post, indicate the location. For example: 

== Science Labs. ==

Ameen stood there daydreaming about sunny skies and long walks on the beach. While Ra'an was scanning the artifact.

or 

== The bridge ==

The red alert lights flashing reminded the young Ensign of Christmas. This would have been a nice memory if the Borg weren't about to board the ship and assimilate everyone unless she could find a way to remodulate the shields faster.

That's is. enjoy. Smile

==
==Lt Samik's Quarters==

At the conclusion of Titiana's last mission Lieutenant Samik had maintained a distance from her colleagues, her promotion to Lieutenant had been a quiet and private affair. The celebration of promotion was a confusing point for the Vulcan, promotion was the goal of many and a result of service and commitment to duty, so why celebrate something that was expected?

"It's just us dumb Humans making up any old excuse for a drinking game!" Molly had told her years earlier and that was not too difficult for Samik to believe.

Samik's self-imposed seclusion was a direct result of the last mission, what she had witnessed at the Bazaar had taken a toll on the Vulcan. It deeply troubled her to think about what people could do to others out of sheer desperation. During the course of her life, the Science Officer had not experienced much in the way of desperation, the only time she could think of that may have counted was the shuttle crash during her Academy days. She had wanted so much to survive the incident, which in itself was not too severe, but the possibility of a bad end was there.

Samik finished her meditation and tidied up her apparatus, she then showered and pulled on a fresh uniform and then groomed. The CSO had decided to head for the lab, her assumption was that it was unoccupied. Before leaving her accommodation the CSO reactivated her comm-badge and altered her status to on duty and available.

==Science Lab==

Samik had mentally prepared herself for the task she intended to undertake in the lab, she'd received data from a Medical Acquaintance regarding an as yet unidentified and incurable disease. Said disease had claimed the Doctor's Wife and apparently he wanted to still study it, his cause was noble and logical in her opinion.

The doors parted and Samik stepped through, she stopped abruptly upon seeing Cdr Ameen, Ensign Ra'an and a Medical Officer she was unfamiliar with. Her attention dropped to the deck where an unconscious officer laid.

"Commander," Samik said holding her head to one side, "Is there an issue?"

==Tag guys==
(Tag Noxi in when needed, thanks!!)
Amila turned abruptly at hearing the Chief Science Officer's voice. "Be careful, Lieutenant. That artifact likely isn't safe," she warned, instinctively. She looked at her commanding officers. "Sorry," she said, a teal blush rising to her cheeks. Samik hadn't addressed her, she shouldn't have spoken. She smiled meekly and went back to trying to decipher what the universal translator was trying to make of the signals the device was emitting.

== TAG ALL==
== Science lab 13 ==

"Commander," Samik said holding her head to one side, "Is there an issue?"

The chief science officer is here... thank goodness..

"Samik! you are here just in time." Ameen looked relieved to see her. "We can't seem to make head or tail of this thing, and Jones over there is unconscious. We believe he may have done something to activate it while he was trying to examine it... So far, we are able to tell that it is sending a signal to... someone... somewhere... and it is made of material my tricorder can't identify. Whatever it is, it seems to be way out of our league." The first officer explained.  

He stepped aside as if to give her room to examined the object closely.

"We would love your insight here." he added.

Maybe I should mention how it was making me feel toward Ra'an... but I am actually not sure if it was the object or I am simply attracted to her... I'll just keep my mouth shut for now.

== GM-Me ==

== In the interest of moving things along I am going to hijack some of the bridge crew.. SORRY!!!==

It was then that a report came in from the bridge. It stated that the analysis showed the signal being sent was in fact musical in nature and the destination was a sneutron star system not too far from the Titania' current location. 

Jones was responding well to Noxi's treatment. He was starting to show early signs of returning to consciousness.