How Did You Come Up with Your Character Name?
Simple topic, just curious how everyone came up with their character names!

Arwen: I’m sure most people think that it comes from the Lord of the Rings character, but I’m not much of a fantasy nerd, so that didn’t occur to me. It’s actually just based on a minor DS9 character named Arjin.

Qi (pronounced “chee”): I wanted something vaguely mystical and one syllable to reflect his Trill heritage. The fact that he used his mother’s last name hints at him being estranged from his human side.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s replies!
Not much of a tale in this case. I've just always liked the name "Robin." I was trying to come up with something that sounded good with it, and came up with "Mayfair" as a nice last name.
Haha, that’s a totally valid way to go about it too! I’m curious to find out how many players just went with something that sounds nice.
My character's name is actually a family name, LOL! My great-grandmother was a small, kind lady who was very old school and was not to be messed with! So I hope I emulate her with my character that bears her name.
Basically stole the last name from of a character from Killjoys. Yalena "Yala" Yardeen a.k.a. "Dutch". Thought about going with a middle name that also started with an X, but that just looked wrong. lol

I stole Xenara from Xena Warrior Princess and just added to it.
Not sure where I got Lucy. Could have been Lucille Ball.
The Devereaux came from my favorite Golden Girl, Blanche Devereaux.
Her nickname Cassandra comes from Cassandra complex. I'd first come across the term in the transcript for 12 Monkeys. I liked it.
Aeryn came from Claudia Black's character in Farscape & even used that in my bio & as for Miller, I can't remember why I chose it other than it seemed to fit well with Aeryn.
I came up with the first name, Ktan, first. I just liked the ring of it for a Kzinti.

When I was trying to think of a last name, I knew the vibe I wanted but couldn't find the right combination for awhile.

Then I realized how much Ktan sounds like Catan, and decided to make the last name a reference to another of my favorite board games: Shadow Hunters.

And thus, Ktan Shadowhunt was born.