Word of the Month
Hi friends! I was thinking of reviving a game we called "Word of the Month," via the FNN. 

Since I only participated in it a couple of times, I was wondering if (if there's any interest), someone could refresh memories of the rules, and what one got if they "won" WotM? Did we vote on who used it best? How did people submit their posts? Etc?
If I remember correctly, the rules were simple.

Word of the month had to be used correctly in a post. The winner was purely subjective to the judge. I can't remember the points, I think the "prize" was just bragging rights. Still, it was fun.
If I remembers proper...

A word was posted around the 16th I think with one or two diffinitions. Nothing rude. Players then chose how they used the word.

That word had to be worked into any post made that month.

The player then emailed the person running the competition with the URL of the post they used the word in.

The winner was announed on the 16th when the next word was given out, and they got 100pts when the points were announced on the following 1st of the month.

I think.
(09-22-2023, 08:57 PM)Teresa Black Wrote: If I remembers proper...

A word was posted around the 16th I think with one or two diffinitions. Nothing rude. Players then chose how they used the word.

That word had to be worked into any post made that month.

The player then emailed the person running the competition with the URL of the post they used the word in.

The winner was announed on the 16th when the next word was given out, and they got 100pts when the points were announced on the following 1st of the month.

I think.

THAT'S what I was not memberin rightly...lol
Sounds like fun, sure
Guys guys guys, we're reviving WotM!!! I'm so excited!! It's either gonna start next points cycle or the one after that, but I have enough words to last us at least a year, right now! (Obviously, they'll be like, an official announcement soon, lol)
Ah yes. I remember running these in a former life (character). I also remember at one time when we were down on membership being one of two people consistently submitting. Lol.

Looking forward to seeing this come back and adding more flare to my posts.
(11-27-2023, 12:37 AM)Miles Grant Wrote: Ah yes. I remember running these in a former life (character). I also remember at one time when we were down on membership being one of two people consistently submitting. Lol.

Pretty sure I was one of them submitting. lol In another fake life.
(11-26-2023, 12:30 PM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: Nope...not making time of the month joke... Big Grin

Well, so much for you keeping my being a werewolf a secret. Thanks a lot, bud.

(11-27-2023, 12:37 AM)Miles Grant Wrote: Ah yes. I remember running these in a former life (character). I also remember at one time when we were down on membership being one of two people consistently submitting. Lol.

I'm so excited you're excited! Post flare is also what I'm looking forward to. Big Grin
The first Word of the Month has been selected and will be posted on December 16. You will then have until the end of the points cycle (January 15) to make your post, and E-Mail it with the link to the competition runners. 

Winner and next word will be announced on January 16.
The first Word of the Month is:

Brobdingnagian - Meaning "Gigantic"

You have until January 15 (aka the end of the points cycle) to utilise this word in your post. 

To submit:
Copy the URL of your specific post and e-mail to fscontinuity@gmail.com, with the title of "Word of the Month". To find the exact URL of your post, click the yellow #NUMBER link in the top right of the post, then copy the link.

Winner will be announced on January 16 along with the new word, with 100 MISC points being awarded on February 1. Entrants will all receive 50 MISC points.

Good luck!