DS9/D0 - Docking Ring
==
== Lt(jg) Papaver – Science ==

Walking back and forth along the docking ring, Papaver waited for the transfer of the crew from the Philadelphia. The ship had been brought in under tow, and everyone knew it. Most had seen it from the Promenade, but she'd found out which bay the crew were coming in on, and made her way down there as had circumstances been different, she'd have been on there too.

The Ship itself was continuing on to who knew where. To be repaired or scrapped. She didn't which. But she did know two of her friends were aboard. One however was also continuing on to another destination due to injury sustained. Being sent back to Earth most likely.

Poor girl. She thought as she recalled the over exuberant Ichika.

Once of the transport cycle completed. Papaver stopped and looked for a familiar face which wasn't there, so she turned on her heel and began another proverbial walk around the block. There were two more cycles before the woman she was looking for appeared.

“Over here.” She said waving her hand above her head to gain the blond woman's attention.

Black turned to face Papaver.

“Wow. You look like shit.” Said Papaver to her friend.

Black just stood there for a minute. Since the taskforce had apprehended them, she'd had time to get a shower and a change of clothes on the trip back, but everything had just been a slow dull blur really in Maz's head. From the moment they'd been stood down and briefed on what was going to happen to them next, she'd just been... There.

“Thanks.” Maz replied.

Papaver took Black's duffle off of her shoulder. “Right then. You're coming with me. I got an upgrade to my quarters, and it's a double accommodation. So you're in with me until this is all sorted.”

“Okay.”

Papaver frowned as she began walking away from the docking ring toward the habitat ring. “I told Kijé you were coming home, but he's been assigned to the Dandridge, and won't be back for six months.” She trailed off hoping that the mention of Kijé would have had a reaction, but she just kept walking quietly.

“If you don't want to talk, that's fine. I can talk for both of us.” That did elicit a little sideways glance from Black. But Papaver then stopped and took Black's hand. “Theresa. You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. If you want your own quarters, I can arrange that for you. I'm just here as someone for you to talk to if that's what you want.”

Black turned to face the younger woman. “Thank you.” She said giving her friends hand a squeeze in return. “Can we, just get behind closed doors before I, loose it. Please?”

Papaver put her arm around Black's shoulder. “Yeah. This way.” She said quickening their pace.

>> Habitat Ring >>
As had become his custom, Ktan lingered behind the rest of the Philadelphia's crew when they arrived at Deep Space Nine. The rumor mill had been active throughout their "journey," if one could call being towed back to starbase in disgrace a journey at all. Speculation over the fate of Captain Braggins buzzed all over - some believing she was set for a court martial or even prison time, others expecting reassignment to a backwater, and still others believing adamantly that they all would be receiving commendations for rescuing the hostages.

Ktan was just happy to be off the ship.

News had come in early that most of the crew was to be reassigned and most were taking this final opportunity to say their farewells and soak up time with friends before being scattered to the winds. That left Ktan - the outsider - even more isolated than he may have been otherwise.

And of course, rumors also swirled that Ktan had been a plant from Starfleet Security all along, which did not at all aid in his popularity.

So he stayed back, stayed behind. On the way to DS9, he'd been assigned to a room with a double bunk, but hadn't been given a roommate. So there he stayed. Waiting. Hoping.

He may not be able to take up his post on the ship he'd been assigned before being beamed aboard the Philadelphia - they were far away by now - but he could hope for a new assignment, one that took him as far away from Captain Braggins and her band of mutineers as possible.

Stepping on the docking ring with nothing but a small duffle with replicated supplies in it - his personal affects were back on Outpost Gamma-7, he passed a few Bajoran maintenance workers and gave them cordial nods. Their distinctive earrings reminded him that he was not alone in the galaxy in his religiosity, even if they worshipped different gods than he. They all had a connection to the divine. . . or at least the extradimensional.

Now that he was here, Ktan intended to make the most of it. He would stop by his temporary quarters on the station - a single, this time, which he was actually renting from a Bajoran merchant - take some time for prayer and self-reflection, and then tour the station that had once been the center of the Dominion War. His father and brother had been here once during the war, and he wanted to experience the place for himself.

And maybe, just maybe, while he was here, he might actually make some friends.

>> Habitat Ring >>