TI/L99 - Crew Logs
==
Ensign Amila Ra'an, Science Officer's Log, Stardate 202404.07

I'm not even sure that everything I am about to describe all happened in one day, much less one shift. Right place at the right time I guess? No pun intended. The action started within after my scheduled Bridge duty rotation began. We had just arrived at 99 Herculis when our initial probe into a spacial anomaly started showing chroniton particles in the area that were increasing steadily. within what seemed like seconds the anomaly had turned into a temporal rift and we were facing an alien vessel unlike anything I've ever seen. Made of a metal alloy with an unknown composition.

This is where I should have been more pulled together. Why did I focus on temporal anomalies if I was just going to freeze on the Bridge under pressure like that. The Captain and Commander Ameen were composed the entire time. Even as all of the other ships started spilling out through the rift. I think I am the one who initially suggested that we harness the chroniton particles, but it's such a blur, I don't even remember. Either way, Lieutenant Powl had to carry a lot of the weight until I finally snapped back into it. I did though. Under the Captain's direction, he and I worked together to lure the ships back in and close the rift.

When the shockwave hit the Bridge it was like being in a shuttle crash. People were down. The ship was... well, but I was one of the people left on the Bridge who was ok, and I think I did alright running point for engineering and even medical while we shut down portions of the ship to conserve power. Maybe I should have majored in operations instead.

Laughs. 

Or not.