TI/D11 - Engineering
==
Ameen walked into Engineering an immediately felt like home.

I am so caught up with my FO duties that I do not spend as much time here as I should... of course it helps that I have such a capable ACEs to make sure everything is going well.

"Commander, we took another hit! Shields are down to 75%." Reported Quinn, the ACE on duty. She was very capable, but seemed relieved to see him here. "A handful of other smaller ships have appeared and they joined the bigger ship in the attack..."

I thought a felt a small jolt in the turbolift.

"Did the ship take any damage more damage." The CE asked as he continued his walk to the situation table at the center of engineering were other officers were gathered.

"It felt like we did, damage reports should be coming in momentarily Sir." Quinn replied.

== GM-Input: Other than the reduction in shields, what damage did the Titania take? How are our systems doing? Thanks! Smile ==
There were now areas of damage on the port side including the warp nacelle which had exposed the interior warp-field coils. The main area of concern was that there were power fluctuations across the grid, and this was impacting upon numerous systems causing intermittent failures. This needed to be stabilised urgently.
"It felt like we did, damage reports should be coming in momentarily Sir." Lieutenant Quinn replied. 

Ameen entered a series of commands into the situation table and a blue, three dimensional, holographic representation of the Titania was displayed. The damaged parts of the ship were highlighted in red. It showed new areas of damage on the port side including the warp nacelle which had exposed the interior warp-field coils. To the side, the chief engineer looked at a screen displaying the status of the ship's power grid.

"There is too much power fluctuations across the grid, and this was impacting upon numerous systems causing intermittent failures. This needs to be stabilized urgently." Ameen spoke firmly. 

Quinn nodded in agreement. 

"For now, direct our damage control teams to bypass the faulty power couplings and reroute to more stable paths. The forcefield protecting the warp-field coils in that nacelle needs to be reinforced and monitored constantly if it fails the entire ship could be in danger... zoom in on the location of the damage."  Ameen said.

The computer responded. The hologram changed to show the extent of the damage to the nacelle. 

"We have bulkhead panels replicated and ready to seal that breach. We just need someone to go in there and deploy them manually..." Morad said. 

"No one is crazy enough to go in there Sir. That forcefield is the only thing keeping the atmosphere in place...." She chuckled.

"You are right." Ameen nodded as he reached to his tool kit. "I'll go."

He began to put on his engineering overalls on top of his uniform as he continued to speak.

"Transport the bulkhead and the needed tools to the location and keep things tidy in here until I come back..." he added.

"Commander at least put on a evo suit in case the force field fails..." Quinn said quickly. "It will protect you from radiation if nothing else..."

"Will do!" Morad said as he disappeared from engineering.

== Next post: Ancillary locations ==
<<Main Bridge<<

As the Chief of Security exited the lift her Engineering Tricorder was already in her hands and scanning.

The ship was heavily damaged with one of the crisis points being the port nacelle. looking around she couldn't spot Ameen , but his second was present and moving with practiced speed she crossed the deck without interfering in anyone else's work and closed with the Lieutenant, waiting till his focus shifted to her before distracting him

"Report Lieutenant. I am qualified on all the Titania systems, but I was expecting to find the FO; what is the latest?"

==Tag Quinn==
SCPO Darok replied to Kurasa's comm:

[Darok here. The situation is under control but more first aiders would be preferable.]
While waiting for the Lieutenant's reply Shione received a call from Darok in the the Crew lounge, and answered it right away.

"Commander Kurasa here. Request acknowledged Petty Officer, I will make contact with Medical immediately, Kurasa out."

Pausing a second to gather her thoughts, Shione then tapped the badge again. "Commander Kurasa to Medical. Petty officer Darok needs a couple of Medical personnel in the crew lounge as soon as is possible. Kurasa over."

Her communication request fulfilled she returned her focus to the Assistant Chief Engineer. "So where do you need me Lieutenant or is the Commander near enough to tell me?"

==Tag either Ameen or his assistant.==
Once the task in the Nacelle was done, Ameen was back in engineering.

"So where do you need me Lieutenant or is the Commander near enough to tell me?" Kurasa asked.

"Good to see you friend." Morad spoke in Arabic knowing that Shione will understand him. He leaned back on the side of the situation table as he continued to speak.

"We have a good number of damaged power relays. Damage control teams are doing what they can but we are stretched a bit thin. If you have any staff to spare with engineering training, can you assign them to help with repair duties?" Ameen asked.

== Tag Kurasa. ==
== See bridge for latest events to ship ==
Shione listened to the FO's request and sent messages out to the members of her team that she knew had some training and assigned them to one area of the ship where many of the damaged relays were located and indicated these places to Ameen,
"Perhaps you could assign one of your NCOs to aid them in where they are needed?"

She then grinned "But the best one of my team is myself; I am a rated Engineer myself, so point me where I am most needed."

As they were planning where best to have Shione placed everything changed suddenly; the ship was struck by a shockwave of energy and radiation and was propelled away from the rift, thrusters exerting little control over its course.

Consoles in engineering flashed red as safety parameters were exceeded and everything started to shake. Inertia dampeners then failed, and everything and everyone not strapped down or holding on to something was tossed about violently (and some officers would at least lose the contents of their stomachs). Fortunately, the ship speed was now well below impulse.

Eventually the ship stabilized, though flashing warning lights and alerts sounded on every console.

"Okay Morad where do ya want us now?" Shione kept her tone level, as she stabilized her balance looking around adding; "And where do you most need a rated Engineer?"

==Tag Ameen==
"Okay Morad where do ya want us now?" Shione kept her tone level, as she stabilized her balance looking around adding; "And where do you most need a rated Engineer?"

Ameen brought up the engineering's famous Never ending to do list and looked at the assignments. He was about to reply to Shione but was interrupted. 

"Sir the rift was closed and the other ships were gone for now. The shockwave has displaced the Titania but we are stable for now. I won't lie boss; the ship is in a rough shape, it will take a miracle to take us back to warp. Let alone full repairs..." Quinn said from her console. She was monitoring the ship status and the reports coming in from the bridge.

"Let's see what we are dealing with here." He surveyed the damage reports before he began so speak. "We have multiple hull breaches, power grid disruptions, warp nacelles damage, main deflector is burnt out, secondary computer core has lost some processing power....  and we took some other minor damage."

He ran his fingers through his hair thoughtfully...

"My money is on the Captain needing warp drive soon. We won't be able to use warp with a busted deflector and damaged nacelles. Now, with the containment fields holding, and bulk heads sealed shut, we can afford to deal with the hull breaches later, the computer core can wait, and we have people already working on the power grid realignments, we can focus on restoring our warp speed capabilities." He decided.

"Lieutenant." He spoke to his ACE. "Allocate as much resources as possible; man power, equipment and spare parts, to repair those nacelles... Shione and I will head to the deflector dish to assess the damage and see what can be done."

"Aye Chief." Quinn replied he fingers already dancing on the input board reorganizing the assignment charts to meet the new orders. "I will keep you informed of our progress."

"Commander." Ameen grabbed a spare tool box and offered to Kurasa. "Ready to rumble?" 

He grinned at his old friend. 

== Tag Kurasa. Feel free to take us to the deflector dish next. ==
== I'm moving us on. Next post: Ancillary locations: Deck 13 - Deflector Control ==
As the Chief Engineer offered her a tool box, Shione's comm badge chimed and she brought Ameen's attention to it., before listening to a report from one of her team. "Yes Mr. Franz take what crew from the undamaged decks and get them to work on search and rescue."

She then paused, gathering the First Officer's attention
"I seem to have a small issue with the teams engaged in rescuing crew trapped on the damaged decks. I need to reallocate crew to assist, but I will join you presently."

As Ameen departed, he could see Kurasa employing her Paad to carry out the tasks she had just explained.

==Apologies for late reply==