TI/D08 - Security
==
Delta leaned back against one of the counters in the office. She took a few deep breathes. She hated taking inventory, but she knew the importance of being prepared for anything.
Being unprepared was what indirectly lead her to Starfleet, but she had vowed it would not happen again.

Delta had spent her shore leave aboard the ship, as Tezha and Chin had travelled off on a holiday before they were aware that Delta would be returning for shore leave.

Delta had other things on her mind too. Rumors were flying around about the new department head. Some of the older crew had worked with her before, but no one could give her the information she was looking for. 

Delta had done a quick sweep through the ship prior to her shift starting, but had not spotted him. She wondered what was in store for her under his command.

==Tag Kurasa==
The conversation with the Captain happened earlier than Shione had expected, but that was perhaps for the best. Her return while not planned had occurred for reasons outside either of their control and Shione believed that Captain Fields accepted that.

She was looking forward to digging in, and getting to know her new team.

As she entered Shione spotted an unfamiliar officer who appeared to be looking over the inventory. The Andorian appeared to be Female, but as a Vulcan Shione was aware that appearances when determining Andorian gender was a potential landmine and she chose to avoid it.

"Good morning, Midshipman S'Tar, I am Lieutenant Commander Shione Kurasa, and it's a pleasure to meet you, why don't you come into the office and we can get to know each other?"

Shione preceded the young officer and turned as they entered, "Help yourself to the replicator, I'm going to have black coffee but please choose whatever you like. This is an informal meeting so grab what something, and then I would like to hear what drew you to Security work, and what sort off assignments would you like to explore during your service here?"

Delta would see that the Officer seemed genuinely relaxed.

==Tags==
Delta’s antenna twitched at the sound of someone approaching her. She looked up and saw an officer approaching. She quickly stood up straight at attention as the officer addressed her.

"Good morning, Midshipman S'Tar, I am Lieutenant Commander Shione Kurasa, and it's a pleasure to meet you, why don't you come into the office and we can get to know each other?"

“Good morning ma’am,” Delta replied with a nod.

The officer wore security colours and introduced herself as a Lieutenant Commander, so Delta knew it was her new department head. As the officer walked towards the office, Delta tried to gather as much intel on her as possible in the few seconds she had.

The officer was tall and muscular, almost human looking with Asian traits, like that of Chin. The only thing that threw Delta off were the black eyes.

She shook her head clear as she walked into the office stood behind the guest chair.

"Help yourself to the replicator, I'm going to have black coffee but please choose whatever you like. This is an informal meeting so grab what something, and then I would like to hear what drew you to Security work, and what sort off assignments would you like to explore during your service here?" The Lieutenant Commander asked.

Delta motioned no to the offer with her hand. She did not want to take something from the replicator, and offend Kurasa, or worse get something on her uniform during the first meeting with the department head.

“I was brought up the serve. I spent many years as part of the Imperial Guard on my home world Andoria ma’am. Circumstances which no longer matter, led me to the Federation, and as a warrior I thought the best way to serve the federation is to be a security officer and help those who can’t help themselves. Going forward, I would like to join some away team missions and make sure all my crew mates make it home safely.” Delta explained.

Delta gave a small sigh. See realised she went through a whole conversation in one breath.

==Tag ==
Not that Shione was employing her empathic abilities but frankly she really didn't require their use. The young Andorian was not demonstrating any guile.

She was clearly nervous. Whether that was because of who and what Shione was or simply being interviewed by a new superior officer. In either event it really didn't impact her opinion of the Andorian.

"Your words show that you understand the differences between being a member of the Imperial Guard and Star Fleet, and yes protecting the crew is what we do, but also investigating and intercepting potential threats, even aboard the Titania."

She paused assessing the Middie's reactions to her words and on a hunch, she smiled and speaking in a less formal tone, continuing her train of thought. "Aboard this vessel there are a myriad of races cooperating and collaborating towards goals pertaining to the missions we are assigned as well the exploration and scientific study of what we discover out here.

You are the first Andorian officer that I have been privileged to work with, just as I guess you have never worked with a Vulcan Betazoid Hybrid, which I am. I hope we can work together and learn from each other's perspectives.

With that in mind do you have any questions for me and any particular training that you might wish to partake of?"

==Tag s'Tar==