AQ/X02 - Crew Announcements and Discussions (OCC)
==For OCC Discussions==
Reminder to players, especially those with telepathic characters or interacting with telepathic characters:

The Telepathic Guidelines state that unless the recipient is also from a compatible telepathic species, or there is an "Imzadi" type bond or some other exception has been approved, you cannot project thoughts into another being. That means you can't think to your colleague across the room unless it has been pre-established and approved that you and they can do so. This is in-line with established Trek canon.

There are also limits to what hybrid characters are capable of: a Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid, for example, would still be able to communicate telepathically with other telepaths and, probably, perform mind-melds. They would not, however, be able to read minds in the way a full Betazoid could - they're empaths rather than full telepaths in that sense.

I suggest people re-familiarise themselves with these guidelines; if anyone has any questions or concerns, please e-mail me or message me on Discord.
Just to be clear: I did mention this in my last post, but Xenara is only fully telepathic with Commander Sothrick due to his ability and their relationship. I'm still shocked his wife is cool with it. 

LOL

Xenara knows she can't have telepathic discussions with anyone else, BUT she knows they can still read her mind. So she can still "send" just not "recieve".
(04-07-2024, 08:22 AM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: Just to be clear: I did mention this in my last post, but Xenara is only fully telepathic with Commander Sothrick due to his ability and their relationship. I'm still shocked his wife is cool with it. 

So...Xenara has an Imzadi bond with Sothrick? That's the only way it's possible, and is pretty messed up!

(04-07-2024, 08:22 AM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: Xenara knows she can't have telepathic discussions with anyone else, BUT she knows they can still read her mind. So she can still "send" just not "recieve".

That would imply she knows people are reading her mind without permission, which is taboo for nearly all telepathic races. You'd also have to be thinking in a language Mala understood, as you can't translate thoughts. Your character is inviting someone to get slapped down by a member of their own species for rudeness.

Ultimately, when one person doesn't follow the rules, it makes things more difficult for me when other people follow their example. They exist for a reason. Failure to follow them now that this warning is out there does, and will, have consequences.
(04-07-2024, 09:08 PM)Paul Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 08:22 AM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: Just to be clear: I did mention this in my last post, but Xenara is only fully telepathic with Commander Sothrick due to his ability and their relationship. I'm still shocked his wife is cool with it. 

So...Xenara has an Imzadi bond with Sothrick? That's the only way it's possible, and is pretty messed up!

(04-07-2024, 08:22 AM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: Xenara knows she can't have telepathic discussions with anyone else, BUT she knows they can still read her mind. So she can still "send" just not "recieve".

That would imply she knows people are reading her mind without permission, which is taboo for nearly all telepathic races. You'd also have to be thinking in a language Mala understood, as you can't translate thoughts. Your character is inviting someone to get slapped down by a member of their own species for rudeness.

Ultimately, when one person doesn't follow the rules, it makes things more difficult for me when other people follow their example. They exist for a reason. Failure to follow them now that this warning is out there does, and will, have consequences.
I get ya. And I am so stealing that Imzadi bit...and getting in SO much trouble...hehehe
Wow! Where was this during the attempts to use it for crowd control? This is so exciting!
Medical points ready to send, what's the URL for the Aquila points form, please?
Tactical points ready to send too.
The points link is likely not set up yet
Perhaps PM them to the First Officer Cdr Velaul?

Does that work?
(04-17-2024, 05:47 PM)Shione Kurasa Wrote: The points link is likely not set up yet
Perhaps PM them to the First Officer Cdr Velaul?

Does that work?

Points to Slytherin! Oh wait wrong franchise...

Well, the Captain could just give us all full points this month considering the mess we're in... Angel
Yes, do we even have a form page setup for points?

I also haven't seen my Science Officer and a quick check says they haven't posted since 4 March...soooo...that might be a thing...
Just so the newbies know

Are we NOW allowed to post with the Charon crew?
Email to FO with medical points.
Opps!!!! Medical points email is coming from LCdr Lim.
Security Points emailed to FO
Hey Crew,

Yes email your points in to the FO and next time cc me in just in case one of us isn't around to do the points.

Cheers
Hey Crew,

Please welcome aboard, Midshipman Coppola who will be joining us in the Tactical Department!
I has a minion!

I mean...welcome Midshipman Coppola!
(04-25-2024, 07:31 PM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: I has a minion!

I mean...welcome Midshipman Coppola!

Be afraid Midshipman Coppola

BE VERY AFRAID

But other than that welcome to the Aquila
Welcome!

New shuttle pilot on deck!
Cue up the Rockey theme here comes the Itilian Stallion has arrived Welcome Midshipman Coppola
Welcome aboard Midshipman!
Welcome Midshipman Coppola you have joined the best crew.
Welcome to the Aquila Midshipman Coppola, our expert medical team is willing and waiting to put you back together any time you are injured.
Thank you all for the welcome I will cook for all of you all one day, but the replicator food won't be as good anymore lol
Doctor Lim, it would appear that you have a patient in Sickbay, taking advantage of morning Sick Call. Your first day on duty is likely to get rather busy with visitors.
(04-30-2024, 04:18 AM)Alexander Talion Wrote: Doctor Lim, it would appear that you have a patient in Sickbay, taking advantage of morning Sick Call. Your first day on duty is likely to get rather busy with visitors.

Hopefully no one is going to risk life and LIM on their first day...
Dr Lim also as a tag in ten forward
OK, you can stop being my social secretary. I caught up with everything.
Social secretary...interesting idea...
Congratulations to Mala on their up and coming promotion along with SFAM.

Also congratulations to Hoekstra and Mala on Co-RPG'er well done both of you!!!!

Congratulations to Hoekstra and Lim on getting SFCM!

All well deserved, I will update your bio's in the next couple of hours.
(05-01-2024, 10:22 PM)Daniel Brooks Wrote: Congratulations to Mala on their up and coming promotion along with SFAM.

Also congratulations to Hoekstra and Mala on Co-RPG'er well done both of you!!!!

Congratulations to Hoekstra and Lim on getting SFCM!

All well deserved, I will update your bio's in the next couple of hours.

Thanks to everyone who nominated me for RPG'er. I appreciate that. Congratulation to my fellow RPG'er.
Well done to Thorn who is to receive SFAM!!!
Nice!
Dashing? Odd, he didn't strike me as a sprinter.

Look at this! We're already on our second page in Ten Forward and haven't even started the new mission yet. I've got to say that I like the trend this is setting.

Xenara, you have your introduction. The ball is in your court.

Careful about wanting to share those "wild stories", if you wish for something, sometimes, for your sins, you get what you ask for...mwahahahah...ah-hem...sorry, that just sort of slipped out...
Tongue 
(05-03-2024, 04:31 AM)Kalli Thorn Wrote: Careful about wanting to share those "wild stories", if you wish for something, sometimes, for your sins, you get what you ask for...mwahahahah...ah-hem...sorry, that just sort of slipped out...

The biggest thing I've learned from watching horror is you gotta be pretty dang specific with those wishes. lol
Email to K'Rora, cc'ed Velaul and Talion
Late email to Cdr Talion, sorry for the delay.
Email sent to Mon Capitan, cced to Beno(there'd Beno issues I hope), Bcced to Shione. Smile

Not THAT important, just when y'all get the chance.
(05-09-2024, 10:53 AM)Xenara Xardeen Wrote: Email sent to Mon Capitan, cced to Beno(there'd Beno issues I hope), Bcced to Shione. Smile

Not THAT important, just when y'all get the chance.

I believe that is being handled and my apology with regards to the issue.
I've moved our conversation to the new Science Labs thread on the ship. Thanks to the boss for adding that BTW.
That fine Commander Talion Smile
I am travelling this week and may not post/respond to tags until the weekend

Apologies
Hello everyone it's that time for Fancy Pants DH submit point recommendations and RPGer. Or Vote for someone who you would say did a good job. Please email myself and our good Captain
oops! again!
Medical Points emailed.
RPG'er is open to every member of the crew, so please email your nominations into myself and Commander Velaul.

As Commander Velaul said DH's to email us both with points and RPG'er as well as a status update of their departments.

Captain Brooks = rog.008@hotmail.com
Commander Velaul = velaulbeno@gmail.com

Going forward for now we will be emailed these every month by the 18th of the Month.

I also want to let you all know that Lt Xardeen has unexpectedly left the site, they have said they might come back at some point but there is a counter measure in place for a DH in Tactical which will be coming up soon. Watch this space.
Hi Crew, don't forget to added the Captains Party thread. I'm sure Velaul will have some other surprises instore.
Engineering Point sent.
Security points and RPGer submitted