State of the Site - September 2023
Happy September Fed-Space! It's time for another State of the Site address!

New Forum

The new forum has been live for a little over three weeks now, and even though we've had some teething problems, most of the kinks appear to have been worked out! We've got some members who have yet to log in, however; if you're having difficulty logging in, please let your CO and I know as soon as possible to avoid any absence-related repercussions like AWOL or Character Abandonment!

Membership

Not including players who are listed as either SLOA or AWOL, we currently have 40 active members and one Cadet going through Academy training for a total of 41 players. That's an increase of 3 over my latest post in June. LOA players are listed seperately to the active players.

Player distribution looks like this:

Artemis: 9 PRC/1 SRC
Charon: 6 PRC (1 LOA)
Geronimo: 8 PRC/2 SRC
Philadelphia: 8 PRC
Titania: 8 PRC/1 SRC (1 LOA)

Artemis, Geronimo, and Titania are looking nice and healthy with ten players on each ship. Charon and Philadelphia are looking a little more sparse with 7 and 8 members, respectively.

SRCs

Having discussed with Autumn the importance of SRCs if we're to keep five ships open, we have decided to lift the restriction on starting rank for SRCs going into DH positions on a case-by-case basis. Though they will start at the same 1500pts as any SRC, DH SRCs will be allowed to start with the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade and make up the points deficit before they are eligible for further promotion. 

Alternative options for players with a surplus of points would be to transfer points from their PRC to their SRC, up to that starting rank of Lt (JG).

Missions

Currently Titania and Geronimo are on leave following the conclusion of their missions.
Artemis and Philadelphia have both just launched on a joint mission.
Charon has been on-mission for 9 months.

Discord

Following issues with several trolls (or one troll with multiple accounts, the jury is out), I have taken the step to return access to the server to full members only (i.e. those assigned to ships). Any Cadets currently on the the server will retain their access.

Medals and Awards

President's Medals were awarded to Matt and Sarah for all the background work they do on the site; without them, we wouldn't have the quality missions we have or a wiki that was functional and user-friendly. 

The Outstanding Unit Achievement was awarded to the crew of the Artemis for their contributions to the site beyond their posting activities. The crew of the Artemis currently contribute the majority of GMs and AIs the site currently uses, taking on those duties to ensure people outside of their crew have the best experiences the site can offer.

Other Announcements

In June I promised the return of the Yearly Awards, then the forum changeover took most of the Admin's time. I will be putting that together today, along with the Creative Corner Questions and the Ask An Admin forms. Not all questions will be able to be responded to publicly, but the idea is that everyone who has a question or an idea will get some sort of response.

As always, if you have questions or comments please feel free to reach out to me via e-mail or on Discord. I have an open-door policy, though sometimes it may take a few days to respond!